Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Stayed there for a couple of nights in September. Didn't receive any of the aforementioned rudeness
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:16 am

Been researching hotels in Copenhagen for a pre-cruise stay. Not sure whether it is just me, but I am getting a sticker shock at the prices of the hotels!!
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You quoted a quote that mentioned 3 properties. Which one was great? I think I know which one you mean, but it helps others when folk are specific.

Cheers.
Post has been corrected
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
I'm getting a bit worried. We've booked a week stay on an award for next October.
Not sure why you're worried. The hotel is fine and the staff is typical Danish in solid efficiency (Danes are not generally effusive). The location is great and convenient.

Yes, the view toward Tivoli is not "scenic" (the canal/river view is better if you don't care about the fireworks), but we had a good stay here a year ago on a vacation to Scandinavia.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
While the Copenhagen Marriott is not the most stellar FS Marriott around, it is a fairly OK hotel. Probably more a matter of Danish service mentality.

I have also stayed at the AC, which is also a nice hotel, but service wise a bit lower by concept. The location of the AC is not bad as the metro is very close. And it is fairly new.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I've never experienced rudeness at the Marriott. If you are visiting Copenhagen, it is the best located of the hotels that Marriott offer. Personally, I have mostly used the Ren Malmo as I needed to be in that area, but have used the Marriott if going out in Copenhagen. There are also some shenanigans with crossing the bridge at the moment, so regular commuting to/from Malmo may be a pain. The AC is a good hotel but not exactly central, although not far from the train station.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:01 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Whilst not a stellar Marriott, the Marriott Copenhagen is clean with good sized rooms a short walk from the compact city centre. If you enjoy beer its 4-hour evening happy hour should please! The wine is also free and there's a good selection of Danish hors too. I rate the lounge amongst the top 10 Ive visited. I've stayed 3 times and it's all good
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I think the lounge is good if you like alcohol, for me the lounge is so so and I definitely won't list it as my top 10
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:36 pm

Marriott Copenhagen Rewards/Points Question

As a Rewards Member, I thought we received free internet access in room but when I attempt to book a reward in Copenhagen at the Marriott, the confirmation indicates internet is available for a fee. Any thoughts on this?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Stayed in January and was given free Internet. Nice hotel!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I object to the conversion of the men's locker room to co-ed on Fri/Sat nights. Woman can use the men's sauna and steam room on the weekend for couples nights, but men can not use the same facilities in the women's locker room. There are separate, duplicate facilities in each locker room.

If they are opening the facilities so woman can enter when men are changing, then men should be able to enter the woman's facility at any time as well.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dibel
.... the confirmation indicates internet is available for a fee. Any thoughts on this?
Just following up on this (as currently in residence): Marriott Copenhagen has wifi that is "connect and go" - no need for any codes, room numbers, etc.

Had a friend of mine waiting for me in the lobby and she was able to connect to tell me on WhatsApp that she had arrived, rather than use roaming data.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by dibel
As a Rewards Member, I thought we received free internet access in room but when I attempt to book a reward in Copenhagen at the Marriott, the confirmation indicates internet is available for a fee. Any thoughts on this?
A lot of Marriotts will show i-net available for a fee, even though MR members get it free. It's probably easier to have a fee statement on the website so those who are not MR members know if they want wifi they'll need to pay, vs. trying to say ok non-members pay it/elites don't. But MR members won't see a charge on their folio for i-net.

Cheers.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:41 pm

We will be staying in Copenhagen in a couple of weeks prior to a cruise. What transportation is recommended from the airport to the Marriott Copenhagen? The transportation form the hotel to the cruise is already covered.

Thanks

Mike (Da Bears)
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Dbears
We will be staying in Copenhagen in a couple of weeks prior to a cruise. What transportation is recommended from the airport to the Marriott Copenhagen? The transportation form the hotel to the cruise is already covered.

Thanks

Mike (Da Bears)
I did this last year, and took the train from CPH to the Central station, and then walked to the hotel with my one rolling suitcase, one rolling rollaboard, and a small under-the-seat bag. It's about a 15 minute walk, so I would only recommend this if you can manage with your bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.