Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
FYI...........

Greetings from the Copenhagen Marriott Hotel and thank you for your interest in our property.
In regards to your inquiry, the Executive Lounge is not closed, but the service hours are relocated on the ground floor. All Executive guests can still enjoy their entitled benefits and allowances such as complimentary breakfast and Happy Hour.
We have reserved a private Lounge area called ‘Cattle Room’ to accommodate our guests with beautiful views of the canal.
The Executive Lounge on the 11th floor is still available to enter and use it for your relaxation, get water, tea, coffee etc throughout the day however there are no scheduled services for the time being.

(Note: They'll revert back to norm EL in about a month..........)
Thanks - I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
as noted, this EL revamp is only for the next month (or so).....

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks - I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
According to the front desk the revamp is finished, but the executive lounge looks exactly as it did late November.

Full breakfast in the restaurant (it really is a zoo at the weekends...). I can't comment on the happy hour.

Normal service is expected to resume in lounge come the summer and bus season (around March)
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, Aeroflot Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Thumbs down Poorly managed Marriott

I've never commented on any particular Marriott property in this forum, but I was so struck by the poor management at this hotel that I felt compelled. It is a beautiful property, with nice facilities and some wonderful views. The service; however, is the worst I've ever encountered at any Marriott (and I have stayed at more Marriott hotels than I can count). Something is seriously not working in terms of staffing and training at the property. The front desk employees are disengaged and unhelpful - any question is answered by a huff and puff. And the service of the concierge was unlike anything I have ever encountered. Getting any help from him was like pulling teeth. He once told me to "just find and ask his bell boy", who was nowhere to be found. Over in the Executive lounge, they had no bottled water. I asked why. The lounge attendant's response: "I don't know, no one has brought any up in the past few days". Most employees who work in this hotel just seemed tired, lazy and not very happy in their job. The staff really need to go on a retreat or a course (offered by somewhere other than the huff and puff school) or something to figure out the root causes.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TyCobb
I've never commented on any particular Marriott property in this forum, but I was so struck by the poor management at this hotel that I felt compelled. It is a beautiful property, with nice facilities and some wonderful views. The service; however, is the worst I've ever encountered at any Marriott (and I have stayed at more Marriott hotels than I can count). Something is seriously not working in terms of staffing and training at the property. The front desk employees are disengaged and unhelpful - any question is answered by a huff and puff. And the service of the concierge was unlike anything I have ever encountered. Getting any help from him was like pulling teeth. He once told me to "just find and ask his bell boy", who was nowhere to be found. Over in the Executive lounge, they had no bottled water. I asked why. The lounge attendant's response: "I don't know, no one has brought any up in the past few days". Most employees who work in this hotel just seemed tired, lazy and not very happy in their job. The staff really need to go on a retreat or a course (offered by somewhere other than the huff and puff school) or something to figure out the root causes.
Sounds about par for many hotels in Copenhagen.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Sounds about par for many hotels in Copenhagen.
Not the CP. It was really nice. They didn't have still water in the lounge ( A lot of Danes don't drink that when there are bubbled water and soda and beer available) and when we asked the lounge attendant she asked how many we'd like and went somewhere to fetch it for us.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
Not the CP. It was really nice. They didn't have still water in the lounge ( A lot of Danes don't drink that when there are bubbled water and soda and beer available) and when we asked the lounge attendant she asked how many we'd like and went somewhere to fetch it for us.
I don't know about the CP.

I do like the Hilton at the airport as it is very convenient for meetings (everyone flies in for the morning and is done in time to go home in the evening).
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I don't know about the CP.

I do like the Hilton at the airport as it is very convenient for meetings (everyone flies in for the morning and is done in time to go home in the evening).
I concur the CP is a new and excellent hotel near CPH. I've done about 3 nights this year and have no complaints. Very nice lounge. And it is cheaper than the Marriott. The Hilton is a fine airport hotel, but usually twice the price of the others.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by stimpy
I concur the CP is a new and excellent hotel near CPH. I've done about 3 nights this year and have no complaints. Very nice lounge. And it is cheaper than the Marriott. The Hilton is a fine airport hotel, but usually twice the price of the others.
+1 Hilton is overpriced (Once I got it through their BRG and brought the price down to DKK 750 but didn't use it).

We stayed at CP a couple of times last year during PB - 5k pt/night including full lounge access.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:12 pm
Suspended

+1
if you don't mind eating greasy hash browns for lounge dinner options along with cheap wine and no Tuburg or Carlsburg in a way overpriced hotel that lives on its former reputation then by all means stay at the COP Marriott (my first time in 8 visits to the city and definitely my last.........

Originally Posted by TyCobb
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
I find the general jist of this thread rather at odds with my experience.. I rather enjoyed the last few stays I had here.

I agree that the lounge is below par, but the rooms are nice, and I got a decent upgrade every time including a junior suite. Service was proactively apologetic when they knew something (long breakfast queue) was amiss. The only oddity I had was that my platinum amenity couldnt be delivered post 11pm.

Frankly I'm glad that they manage to provide something other than Tuborg or Carlsberg for lounge beers, both of which are in my view terrible... I believe they provide another smaller Danish brand, Royal?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 7:58 am
Suspended

yes, they still provide the off-brand Royal, but they certainly could offer the option of either Carlsburg or Tuburg for those who can't get these brands where I live in asia..........

Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
Frankly I'm glad that they manage to provide something other than Tuborg or Carlsberg for lounge beers, both of which are in my view terrible... I believe they provide another smaller Danish brand, Royal?
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:27 am

This property is more on edge of business district, but rooms are big by European standards. Not too far a walk into town, Tivoli not that far.

Used as a base for a weekend break - ideal for us at the time
Old Oct 13, 2013, 2:32 am

Just finished a 3 night stay here and think it's a very fine hotel. The dinner lounge options were not very substantial compared to other properties but was OK. I was upgraded to junior suite on lounge floor. Coincidentally the Italian football team was staying there for their match against Denmark and I got a chance to see the players on their way to the game.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:18 am

My experience this summer was that this was one of the worst Marriotts I have ever stayed at. Anyone who has been there during Cruise season knows what I am talking about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.