Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold
We are staying here for 3 nights on points in June. I don't have enough points to upgrade to the executive level but was offered the opportunity to do so for $100/night. Is it worth it?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 4:17 am

Programs: EBG, Hhonours Silver, Starwood Plat, Hertz#1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum, Marriott Gold
In my view its not worth it only difference is that you get access to the lounge on the 11 th floor and a small breakfast on weekdays in the lounge.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:16 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by BHSA
In my view its not worth it only difference is that you get access to the lounge on the 11 th floor and a small breakfast on weekdays in the lounge.
While I agree, just FYI the lounge is open for breakfast every day, and the most value comes from being able to have unlimited drinks in the lounge during the happy hour in the evenings. Since CPH is so expensive, it could save you about $50 for 2 drinks each (beers were 45DKK when we were at bars, wine probably even more).
Still US$100 seems like a lot, since the rooms won't be much nicer if at all.
If you've got the $$, go for it.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
What about dessert in the evening? I didn't notice any description of that. I also assume that free internet comes with the executive room upgrade, which is an added value for guests that are not at least gold with Marriott.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VA1379
What about dessert in the evening? I didn't notice any description of that. I also assume that free internet comes with the executive room upgrade, which is an added value for guests that are not at least gold with Marriott.
When I was there last week, I was upgraded to a room on the Executive (10th) floor. Dessert on a Sunday night was much more elaborate than the food during the happy hour (the famous onion rings and some Danish meat balls). They included two little parfait type things which I did not try and then three different pastries/cakes, all of which were good. The breakfast on a Monday morning was the usual with different breads/pastries, meats& cheeses and a selection of yogurts and fruit.

Depending on how much you eat/drink and use the internet you could easily get your $100 a night worth, especially as others have pointed out CPH is an expensive city. Something else to also note is that mini bar is completely free on Exec. floors.

I had called ahead to request an early check-in. When I arrived they were telling people in front of me rooms would not be ready for a couple of hours but I was able to get my room right away (~10am) Not sure if this is due to status, calling ahead or room category, but might booking a exec room may help with this?

This is all based on a single person, if two or more people would be in the room I would say the value of the $100 a night upgrade is enhanced even more.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:30 am

Cereal in Executive Lounge?

Will be at the Copenhagen Marriott for the Easter Holiday and was wondering if they have any cereal?
Thanks for your help!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ITALady
Will be at the Copenhagen Marriott for the Easter Holiday and was wondering if they have any cereal?
Thanks for your help!
Yes, I've had cereal there before, so you should be ok.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: *A Gold
busted by food inspectors

Danish newspapers are reporting that this Marriott was busted by food inspectors in late March 2011. They found expired and visibly tainted meat products in the restaurant's kitchen, and it seems the information from the menu does not match the raw materials in terms of grade and origin of poultry.

For those who speak Scandinavian languages, the report is here:
http://www.findsmiley.fvst.dk/Kontro...9010&Region=10

Let's hope this was a one-off event and that this Marriott is soon up to standards again.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
The restaurant was the most disappointing part of this hotel, even before the inspector's report. I know there are a million great places to eat in downtown Copenhagen, but I tend to like the occasional meal at a Marriott restaurant. My wife and I tried this one a few times and just weren't all that impressed.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:12 am

Copenhagen Marriott & Cruises

Copenhagen seems to have become the Mecca of (summer) Baltic cruises. We stayed at the Marriott Copenhagen (1 platinum & 1 gold) using (reasonable) points. It is a superb property. Scrupulously clean and well maintained. Delightful sunny rooms, half of which have a great view over the rivers. Ideally located downtown.

Few notes: If you arrive by plane to CPH, take the train to Copenhagen H main station. Dirt cheap relative to taxis, and a mere 12 minutes. Buy ticket as you leave customs, down the escalator to the tracks. 22 minutes between airport trains. Copenhagen H train station is about 4 1/2 blocks from the Marriott. Easy walk with rollaboards. Flat. Sidewalks. Might be trickier with larger bags. Plenty of taxis in front of the station.

Walk along the river behind the Marriott to the Little Mermaid park. If you're on a cruise, you can see your ship from there. It's a 50 minute walk but you see a lot of Copenhagen while walking.

Cruise ships arrive/depart Friday. The Marriott is CHAOS with people arriving 06:00 wanting rooms and people waiting to get on board at 15:00. Lobby FULL of people and baggage from 06:00 through mid-afternoon. Concierge lounge a good place to hide and wait. Not many folks waiting there. Don't bother asking for late checkout. If on a cruise, take one of the Marriott shuttles (big buses) to/from the pier. Checking in/out will be a trial but clerks work the waiting lines helping.

All in all, Marriott Copenhagen first class property.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Do The shuttles go to frihaven pier too

This was helpful. We are on the ncl sun leaving on a wednsday and returning on a Friday.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like non cruisers should avoid arriving on those days!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
"Ideally located downtown."

I guess they must have moved the hotel since last fall.

Not exactly downtown, more on the edge of downtown at best. Very limited public transportation near the hotel.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: ICH Platinum, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the info! I'm doing a Baltic cruise next month. Prior to the cruise I'm staying at another hotel (paid for by my employer since I'll be in Copenhagen on business) but the night I return from the cruise I'm using points to stay at the Marriott. Your post is very helpful.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
My advice is to avoid the bus and take a taxi from the hotel to the pier, especially if you are a party of two or more. About 20 Euro but you do not have to leave your luggage in the hotel lobby for hours. And go when YOU want to go!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.