Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2003, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I'm at the Copenhagen Marriott right now. In fact, I am using the free computer in the Concierge Lounge. This is a top-notch hotel. The location is good, the building is new, the rooms are great, I was upgraded (two rooms!), the staff is terrific. No complaints at all. (Well, the Concierge Lounge has no food on weekends, but that's not too uncommon.)

Bruce
Old Jul 5, 2003, 5:46 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Well, thanks to everyone and to bdschobel, enjoy your stay in CPH. Let us know if you have other comments during your stay.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Just got back from a 4 night award stay. This is a great hotel. The room was very nice (not an upgraded room, but it was an award). Breakfast (not included in the award) was very good, unless you went late on a busy day. High speed internet is 200 Kr/day, pricy but cheaper than phone calls if you're using the net a lot.

We had a light lunch on the patio twice -- good. We had one dinner -- it was OK, but there are lots of good restaurants nearby (we only ate at the hotel because my wife wasn't feeling well and didn't want to walk).

The hotel has an outstanding location -- about a 5 minute walk to the Tivoli Gardens and the center, or to the main station.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 2:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum;Delta 2MM;Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite;Hertz 5*
Can anyone give me a feel to its distance from the cruise terminials there ?
Old Sep 4, 2003, 2:34 pm

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by misty1tk:
Can anyone give me a feel to its distance from the cruise terminials there ?</font>

3 kilometers
Taxi 10-15 min 12USD 80,- DKK all taxis accept major creditcards

Have a great cruise, and btw. it is a great hotel...

[This message has been edited by The-Longhauler (edited 09-04-2003).]
Old Sep 5, 2003, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta Platinum;Delta 2MM;Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite;Hertz 5*
Thank you longhauler.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott LT Titanium
Question Any experience/advice at Copenhagen Marriott?

Hi all-

I booked a 4-night award stay at the Copenhagen Marriott in August for my wife and infant-to-be (due in May). Does anyone have an opinion they would like to share about the property? Normally I would search first, but that options is unavailable again.

We will be flying into CPH and then taking the train to GOT. Does anyone know if public transit is available to the hotel or if taxi is the only/best option? From the website, I can see that we are only a block or two from Tivoli- great location.

I am a Gold member and am hoping they have a lounge available. Does anyone know if this is the case? Lastly, does anyone have any activity or restaurant favorites near the hotel?

Thanks for any thoughts anyone might share.

Kevin
Old Mar 7, 2005, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I stayed there and it is a nice property. Ask for a room with water view. The Little Mermaid is a popular attraction as is Tivoli and Stroget. There used to be a romantic restaurant, Gertrud's Closter, in the site of a former nunnery. Lit entirely by candles. If still around, your wife would love it.

Taxi from CPH to hotel is very cheap.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plt, Starwood Plt, Midwest Executive
Yeap, I stayed there on an award stay two years ago. Quite nice, reasonably central location -- definitely recommend!
Old Mar 7, 2005, 7:47 pm

Instead of a taxi - one can just take a train to central station which is a 5-10 min walk depending on how fast you go. Obviously this is good if traveling light.

There are a lot of canal boats that take you on a 1 hr tour of Copenhagen which is great (there seem to be 2 or 3 different operators whose prices differ greatly so check - when we were there in the summer of 2003 we only paid 4euros for this.)

One other heads up - this is definitely one place in Europe where there is a preety hefty commission when changing money. Better to use your ATM card here.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
Stayed there in June 2004 - a good property. Staff very friendly and eager to please. Cabs always available in front of the hotel. I did a lot of walking and not too much travel on public transit so can't really comment on that aspect. I did hoever take the train accross to Malmo Sweden for a lark one morning!

As mentioned - the location is ok - not right downtown. 5-10 minute walk to the main gate of Tivoli Garden, Train Station and the Downtown area. It's actually in a bit of an interesting location on Kalvebod Brygge. If you are a runner/jogger its a great jog along the side of the canal to the Little Mermaid - perhaps 20 - 25 minutes to get there. Along the way you will see some very interesting architecture (new library, opera house et al) and you will also pass through the Nyhavn area.

Try and get a view facing Tivoli - you will get to see the evening fireworks. I found the 'harbor' view not that spectacular - really quite dreary and no real harbor.

There is a lounge - if I remember correctly it was pretty good. I remember having all different types of herring there !!!

CPH is a great city - you will enjoy I am sure!
Old Mar 8, 2005, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plt, Starwood Plt, Midwest Executive
Yes, the concierge lounge was excellent -- the breakfast particularly good, and they had snacks, drinks & free internet available all day long.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
With an infant in tow I would definitely recommend a taxi from the airport rather than the train. Others have hit the high points--this is quite a nice property, fairly new, in a good location. The concierge lounge is well-stocked, and my only real complaint was the lack of a room upgrade (as a plat) and the uninspired hotel restaurant.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott LT Titanium
Thumbs up

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

It looks like the taxi will probably be the way to go for us, I will be requesting a city view, and (hopefully) my brother will be staying in town and can baby sit for a couple hours while my wife and I try the romantic restaurant recommendation listed above.

Her heart melted when she read that it is illuminated entirely by candelight!

Thanks again-

Kevin
Old Mar 10, 2005, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by mgarland
Yes, the concierge lounge was excellent -- the breakfast particularly good, and they had snacks, drinks & free internet available all day long.

The free internet in the lounge is wireless, so if you could get a room *near* the lounge, then you'd probably have free wireless internet in your own room too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.