FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2010, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If your stay includes a weekend, can you report when you get back if the exec lounge is open on the weekends, if it's not do they provide breakfast, if it's key accessible even if closed, and if there are i-net terminals, so that I can update the list? Thx!
Old May 23, 2010, 10:34 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
We loved it. Stayed 1 night before cruise and one night after. Paid to upgrade to executive lounge, we thought it was a good deal. The "tour boat" docks right next door. Walk to Tivoli. Walk to center of town.
Old May 23, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: US Silver, CO, DL
I stayed there just for 1 night about 3 years ago. Was really one of the nicer Marriotts I've been to. Even the standard room I got was very nice and really a good size, especially for a European hotel.
Old May 23, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Great Marriott, nice location, good executive lounge. The gym was a bit small and the on-site restaurant a disappointment, but I would not hesitate to stay here again.
Old May 25, 2010, 8:46 am

Just to throw in an answer to the lounge questions, I was there in April and Lounge was open on weekends, never went outside of hours (open til Midnight), liquor was free, and there are two internet terminals on the exec floor outside of the lounge door.
Old May 25, 2010, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by j_ny_flyer
Just to throw in an answer to the lounge questions, I was there in April and Lounge was open on weekends, never went outside of hours (open til Midnight), liquor was free, and there are two internet terminals on the exec floor outside of the lounge door.
Thanks - I'll update the exec lounge thread!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Best way to Copenhagen Marriott for first time visitor?

Hoping the experts in this forums can help me out.

What is the best way to get to the Copenhagen Marriott from the airport? The website notes taxi fares at around $38USD, but also notes that the closest bus and metro stations are at least 1/2 mi (1.2mi for subway!) away from the hotel. Is the hotel really not that convenient for transportation? How would the experienced here recommend getting to the hotel?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I have not stayed (I usually stay at the Airport Hilton, since the Airport Metro station is part of its building), but have passed by the Marriott many times.

One plan would be to take the nonstop train from the airport station to the Central Station (Kobenhavn H), and then take a short cab ride to the hotel. If you are an avid walker and the weather is good (and you have light luggage), it's certainly feasible to walk to the hotel:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...80595&t=h&z=14

At some point, you might consider asking the moderator to move this thread to the Scandanavia forum (in the Travel and Dining section of FT).
Old Jan 8, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I took a cab. Very convenient and they take credit cards.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gardener
I took a cab. Very convenient and they take credit cards.
+1
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold (RIP), TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, IC RA, Hertz 5*
One of the Marriott regulars asked me to drop by and give my 2 cents..

CPH was my home town so here's my advice to you.

First get used to the high prices.. that's Scandinavia for you

The best way to get to the Marriott if you don't want to take the taxi from the airport is to take the Regional train from the airport (by terminal 3 where you exit on arrivals) to the main station (København H).

If you have a lot of luggage I would take the taxi, though I always question why anyone needs more than one medium sized bag. Also most of Copenhagen is walking and biking friendly. Bring a good jacket as it can be cold during the winter, but I'd still walk around town as it's just easier!

From the main station you have two options walk or taxi.

Walking from Main Station
Leave the platform towards Tietgensbro (opposite way of the main terminal when exiting the platform).

Taxi from Main Station
From the platform go through the main terminal and make a right heading for the exit towards Tivoli. Outside there's a taxi rank where you can get a taxi.

The Marriott isn't in a great location in terms of public transport, but it's not a bad location overall.

Don't try walking from the Christianhavn metro as it's longer than from the main station.

Hope it helps and enjoy Copenhagen!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
As posted, it's easy to find, and only a short walk from Central Station. When you come out, ensure you have Tivoli opposite and the Radisson to your left (big logo on top of building) just turn right and keep walking. You can't miss it.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Thanks all. I'll just have my rollaboard carryon with me, no big luggage. Sounds like the train and a walk is the right way to go. I'll be sure to pack a warm jacket
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:04 am

When I measure the distance from middle of platform of Central station to the Marriot hotel entrance on Google Earth, I get 850 meter - or roughly half a mile.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrismo2
When I measure the distance from middle of platform of Central station to the Marriot hotel entrance on Google Earth, I get 850 meter - or roughly half a mile.
I walked between the Raddison (which is across the street from Central Station) and the Marriott in the summer with no luggage at all and it took around 15 minutes IIRC. It was not a long walk, but I would not want to do it with luggage, and not if it was snowing or raining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.