FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2005, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plt, Starwood Plt, Midwest Executive
Originally Posted by dancingbear
The free internet in the lounge is wireless, so if you could get a room *near* the lounge, then you'd probably have free wireless internet in your own room too!
Actually they didn't have wireless internet at the time i stayed there, just one PC that I was able to use... this was 2002.

-matt
Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Marriott or Scandic in Copenhagen?

I plan to spend four days with my wife and two kids in Copenhagen and my two choices are a family room in the Scandic Copenhagen (Vester Soegade 6 1601 Copenhagen) or two double beds in the Copenhagen Marriott Hotel (5 Kalvebod Brygge Copenhagen).

Scandic 40000 Hilton Points
Marriott 80000 Marriott points

Any thoughts or suggestions about my choices?

I did a Google search and did not find anything useful.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I've stayed at the Marriott and can quite enthusiastically vouch for it. It has a nice riverside location within walking distance of all the sights of the city, is new and clean, and has a very friendly staff. While I can't give a direct comparison to the Scandic, in general Scandic are mid-tier properties at best (more in line with a Courtyard, for example) and I seem to recall that the one you're talking about was pretty inconveniently located on the other side of the river. Or was that the Radisson SAS hotel? Anyway, consider this a recommendation for the Marriott!
Old Apr 6, 2005, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Ditto. The Marriott Copenhagen is a fantastic property (especially the Concierge Lounge!!!). I never stayed at the Scandic there, but I can't imagine it's anywhere near as nice.

Bruce
Old Apr 6, 2005, 4:21 pm

The Scandic in general is awesome throughout Scandinavia. And free full breakfast to boot.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 7:30 pm

Thumbs up Mini-Review of the Copenhagen Marriott

My wife, infant daughter, aupair, and I stayed at this hotel from July 2-4 after a cruise. My wife and I had stayed here twice before (both before and after a cruise two years ago), and had very pleasant experiences then. This time proved no different.

I booked a honeymoon package that included a waterview studio room, fruits, champagne, breakfast, and late check-out. The front desk clerk who checked me in had never seen anyone use that package before, so it took some time for her to figure out just what we were entitled to. I was hoping for a suite upgrade, but we got the exact room type booked--a nice corner room overlooking the river. Later, when I asked at the front desk for sheets and blanket so that our aupair could sleep on the sofa, they insisted on sending up a folding bed that proved to be quite comfortable.

One of the choices for a platinum welcome amenity was an "ice cream novelty". No one seemed to know exactly what this was, so I took a chance on it and it turned out to be a pint of delicious Italian gelato. The white wine I chose was a decent French chardonnay, much better than the Meridian we get here in the States.

We enjoyed a snack and a dinner in the lobby cafe, which seemed to have a more varied menu than the restaurant. Our room service breakfast was decent, but they did forget two items we ordered.

The concierge lounge is excellent, with nice food selections, free drinks throughout the day, and even complimentary alcohol at night. It offers free internet access on two PCs, but these were often hogged by two chubby American kids whose parents were taking full advantage of the free food and drinks. No wonder we have a bad name throughout the world...

Anyway, this hotel impressed us quite a bit. It's clean, the staff is friendly and efficient, the location is quite convenient, and the price is competitive for the area. I highly recommend it!
Old Jul 8, 2005, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, UA MM 1K, MR Titanium Lifetime
Thumbs up Love it too...

I also stayed at the hotel last year after a Baltic cruise. It is new and has a Scandinavian "minimalist design" feel to it. The location is great, next to the river. You either get the river view or if you are on the other side of the hotel, a view of Tivoli Garden if you are on a high floor.
The Concierge Lounge on the top floor is spacious.

Although it is not right in the busy part of town, it is within easy walking to everything. I would definitely stay there again if I am in Copenhagen.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs up

I stayed there with my family a couple of years ago and also loved it. Great facilities, nice location, professional, friendly staff. No complaints at all. ^

Bruce
Old Oct 18, 2005, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 2MM + 1k, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Health Club?

Has anyone used the health club at this property? I'm hoping they might actually have more than a beaten stationary bike and a cheap Universal gym set-up.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 7:31 pm

They've got more than that, but not much more. The health club is actually one floor BELOW the lobby level, in what looks like a converted closet (and that's only a slight exaggeration). They've got a smattering of standard hotel room health club equipment, but nothing really nice or unexpected. OTOH, you can take a very nice jog along the river if the weather cooperates.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:01 am

Programs: LH, SPG
I just checked in to this hotel this afternoon.

Very nice lobby, very good and friendly staff. Booked the cheapest room (160 USD) and got upgraded (w/o asking) to the Exec level with water view.

Room decor is a mix of Scandinavian styling and run of the mill Marriott elements (armoire, lamps) which is a bit strange at first...

Got free pay TV too (again, w/o asking) but would have preferred Internet instead - it costs ~$24 a day. Both the standard wired version and WiFi available.

The bed is awesome.

Very recommended.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:45 am

Stayed here one night in March 2006... on the executive floor - great view of the water, very clean and well maintained. Not in the center of town, but only 5-10 minute walk to downtown. Highly recommended.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM,Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by martona
Got free pay TV too (again, w/o asking) but would have preferred Internet instead - it costs ~$24 a day. Both the standard wired version and WiFi available.
Stayed there last fall and IIRC Internet access was free in the Concierge Lounge.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 6:21 am

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Any discounts for Copenhagen Marriott?

I was wondering if our world travelers would know of any discounts for the Scandinavia Marriotts for summer travel. Specifically Copenhagen. I am looking for a hotel with A/c. Have allergies, especially around ports. Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2006, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, UA MM 1K, MR Titanium Lifetime
Not sure about any discounts at the Copenhagen Marriott, but I was there 2 summers ago. Hotel is very new, sort of "minimalist design", right on a canal, definitely AC. 2 blocks from the Tivoli Garden and about 3-4 blocks from the city center. If you get a room that looks into the city on a high floor you will enjoy the nightly fireworks of Tivoli. I would highly recommend the hotel if $$ is not a major consideration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.