Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I'll answer my own question-- the lounge serves snacks, wine and beer from 5:30-7:30pm, and the wine/beer stays out until 9:30pm. The week I was there, breakfast was moved from the lounge to the restaurant (service starting at 6:30am); that worked out very well for me, as the restaurant breakfast was great with lots and lots of variety.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, and was glad to have chosen the Marriott. Unlike some of the other people who have posted recently, I didn't have any service issues. The restaurant staff at breakfast and the lounge staff in the evenings were all very attentive-- tables were cleared quickly and food offerings were kept stocked. I even saw one guy come in to the lounge around 9pm and ask for one of the snacks that had been removed at 7:30; the lady working the lounge went in the back and got it for him without hesitation.

I found the location of the hotel to be a little farther than I would have liked from the train station and the tourist sights (especially given that it was cold and rainy while I was there), but I thought that the benefits of the hotel definitely made up for it, and I did like being able to walk to various points in the city without needing to take the train first. My room was extremely large by European city hotel standards, with very good soundproofing and climate control. The lounge space was quite nice, with a good view. It got crowded during the evening snack service but was empty by 8:30pm.

Also, I had the opposite experience from CPH-Flyer, in that I received slippers but not a bathrobe. Fortunately for me, I do use hotel slippers, and rarely use the hotel bathrobes, so I was pleased.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update on the Marriott. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:42 pm
soy

Programs: various
Just back from a brief stay here and would second all that Whimsey21 notes above. Would be happy to stay again. Staff excellent and very helpful both at front desk and in the lounge.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:50 am

I am at the Copenhagen Marriott.
The taxi drive from the airport is 225 DKK.

Friendly lady at checkin. Concierge is friendly too and helpful.

Had booked a standard room on AAA rate. Got upgraded to executive level with view on the canal. Nice clean room and bathroom.
Internet speed is good.

Lounge info:
Located on 11th floor, also access via stairs from 10th floor (executive level as well).
Computer and internet terminal next to the stairs on 10th floor.
Opened from 6 AM till midnight.
Breakfast Monday to Friday from 6.30 h to 10.30 AM. On Weekends from 6.30 to 11.00 AM.
Afternoon tea and pastries from 3.00 to 5.30 PM. I just tried a few pastries, they are good.
Hors d'oeuvres from 5.30 to 7.30 PM. 2 warm dishes and some cold stuff. OK, but not to compare with what you get at Singapore Marriott for example.
Happy hour from 5.30 to 9.30 PM.
Full American Breakfast in the Midtown Grill Bar is not part of the general Executive Lounge benefits and is charged seperately upon consumption.

Last edited by PetzLUX; Sep 12, 2015 at 11:30 am
Old Sep 13, 2015, 2:34 am

CPH Marriott

Glad you are enjoying your stay here -
I was here for 4 nights over Christmas 2014
I loved this hotel, they treated me very well,
Being Gold I had the full breakfast in the restaurant, not sure if this was just over the Christmas period but it really was special.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sydneyboi
Glad you are enjoying your stay here -
I was here for 4 nights over Christmas 2014
I loved this hotel, they treated me very well,
Being Gold I had the full breakfast in the restaurant, not sure if this was just over the Christmas period but it really was special.
I can't remember the exact reason, but it was an over the Christmas period thing. I had the full breakfast in the restaurant as well in December 2014 due to being Gold, and having lounge access.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Stayed back in 2012 Christmas period but we were treated badly by the hotel. No upgrade + given a room that was returned (found out due to extremely loud AC and some of the amenities missing in the bathroom).

No breakfast at the restaurant - lounge only.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
Stayed back in 2012 Christmas period but we were treated badly by the hotel. No upgrade + given a room that was returned (found out due to extremely loud AC and some of the amenities missing in the bathroom).

No breakfast at the restaurant - lounge only.
Upgrades are never guaranteed... And often with Marriotts around the world, an upgrade just constitutes a "better" view. The harbour view at Copenhagen Marriott is considered an upgrade from the city view. I find that highly debatable...
Old Sep 13, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Upgrades are never guaranteed... And often with Marriotts around the world, an upgrade just constitutes a "better" view. The harbour view at Copenhagen Marriott is considered an upgrade from the city view. I find that highly debatable...
The canal/harbor view is far superior to the city view.

While it's touted as a "Tivoli Gardens" view on the top level, it's more of a view of parking lots, dirt lots and construction cranes. The canal view is more scenic, especially for a leisure trip. I'd ask for that, if possible, if I were to visit again.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I know all that - usually as Gold and Platinum we do get bumped up to the top floor, but not at CPH Marriott. The attitude of the staff are worse than usual Danish service. Seriously I don't care about canal/Tivoli view as I have seen it more than enough, and I told them that I prefer no view but a better room. They said that's all they have.

This is the hotel I'll never recommend to anyone and I'll never stay there again. I found CP a thousand times better. The Ren in Malmo is also a lot better than the Copenhagen Marriott. I think the hotel needs a big renovation - I was so shocked by the wear and tear in our room.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know all that - usually as Gold and Platinum we do get bumped up to the top floor, but not at CPH Marriott. The attitude of the staff are worse than usual Danish service. Seriously I don't care about canal/Tivoli view as I have seen it more than enough, and I told them that I prefer no view but a better room. They said that's all they have.

This is the hotel I'll never recommend to anyone and I'll never stay there again. I found CP a thousand times better. The Ren in Malmo is also a lot better than the Copenhagen Marriott. I think the hotel needs a big renovation - I was so shocked by the wear and tear in our room.
Since 2012 I think all rooms should have been remodelled by now. They were indeed in the need of a loving hand.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:55 pm
Suspended

+1000

(after 1 night in Malmo and 3 in Copenhagan wished I had reversed the nights)

The Ren in Malmo is also a lot better than the Copenhagen Marriott.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leeky
+1000

(after 1 night in Malmo and 3 in Copenhagan wished I had reversed the nights)
Only problem, if your business or reason for traveling is Copenhagen Malmö is really inconvenient to stay in. And Renaissance hotels are supposed to be nicer than Marriotts.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:05 pm
Suspended

I've been to Copenhagen 15+ times but this was the wifes first so intended to show her the sights but as snobbish as the Cop Marriott was + the way the lounge staff acted (and served up hash browns and some red labelled beer vrs a decent brew with others skrimaging to make dinner out of the junk served or making sandwiches to go in the AM and stuffing it in their backpacks) I'd just opt for OTHER then Marriott if I ever return (and have stayed at the IC and Scandic before).

Only problem, if your business or reason for traveling is Copenhagen Malmö is really inconvenient to stay in. And Renaissance hotels are supposed to be nicer than Marriotts.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leeky
I've been to Copenhagen 15+ times but this was the wifes first so intended to show her the sights but as snobbish as the Cop Marriott was + the way the lounge staff acted (and served up hash browns and some red labelled beer vrs a decent brew with others skrimaging to make dinner out of the junk served or making sandwiches to go in the AM and stuffing it in their backpacks) I'd just opt for OTHER then Marriott if I ever return (and have stayed at the IC and Scandic before).
Copenhagen is just not a very good hotel city (talking about my former hometown). The offerings are mostly pretty abysmal. I used to like the St Petri, but have not stayed in ages. I tend to stay at the Marriott as the location is really practical for my purposes. Considering trying the D'Angleterre next time. The metro station would make it quite practical as well.

I can imagine people trying to make picnic baskets of the lounge offerings, such as they are. Danes and free stuff is often a fun observation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.