Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:00 am
Community Director Emerita

Folks, can we return to a discussion of the hotel itself? If you haven't discovered hotelhustle.com, do so. It's a terrific tool developed by sbm12. I've set up an alert for the dates that I want in 2018. Fingers crossed that it works out as I sure don't want to pay the platinum force price.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:47 pm

I'm happy to report that I got a points redemption at the hotel today. I've now cancelled my platinum force. I was even happier when I saw I could use additional points for a suite. The room was 40K points/night. It racheted up depending on view then on space thru the junior suite to a full suite. I went with 60K for a full suite. It is in peak season and I won't rely on an upgrade. I might have lost the water view when I went with a full suite though.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It seems like the regular guest rooms are available on all the nights in June now at this property, but the rooms are marketed at around their peak rates for the year.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:38 pm

Thoughts about what's going on end of April/beginning of May here? Looking for five nights April 29-May 4 and nothing at Marriott while AC has only a special, non-refundable rate and nothing on points.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by joetro
Thoughts about what's going on end of April/beginning of May here? Looking for five nights April 29-May 4 and nothing at Marriott while AC has only a special, non-refundable rate and nothing on points.
Sounds like a special event. I've encountered those in different cities. But worth checking back to see if something opens up.

Cheers.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:06 pm

Nearly 9 months away things are fully booked in big hotels? Other places like skt petri and kong arthur were available ...
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:08 pm

Nearly 9 months away things are fully booked in big hotels?
It can happen. Depends on the event. It's not unusual either in the US or int'l. I've encountered it many times.

Cheers.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
There has been cases of events, there has also been cases where we all guessed at various events and then availability reappeared.

If you want the CPH Marriott, and it is this far out, experience tend to say check for a period before giving up.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:14 pm

Thanks. Renaissance Malmo has nothing for only 1 day for several months on end in 2018. I'm assuming availability just hasn't loaded.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:17 pm

T I'm assuming availability just hasn't loaded.
That's a good guess for both properties. Just keep checking back.

Cheers.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Marriott LTT, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Last year, my wife and I were at the Copenhagen Marriott for several days, including the weekend April 29 - May 1. Saturday night/Sunday morning the hotel was packed to the rafters, after having been relatively empty several days before. Turns out that the end of April to beginning of May is the start of the season for Norway fjord cruises, a great number of which leave from Copenhagen. We went to the docks on Sunday and counted four ships leaving on May 1.

The lack of availability is most likely due to not having inventory loaded yet, but there could also be a premium on rooms for that weekend.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:49 pm

Thoughts about what's going on end of April/beginning of May here? Looking for five nights April 29-May 4 and nothing at Marriott
I started checking night by night for you and got this message:

Special Event, prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking, no changes, see Rate details
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond, National Executive Elite
I was able to book April 29 - May 1

I stayed using points last year and had a hard time getting a room. I booked a couple of nights at a time and we ended up staying 6 nights.
I just booked the first two nights for 80k... if you want me to transfer the room to you PM me...

It's a beautiful hotel and we enjoyed our stay. If you have any questions - please let me know. I highly recommend a day trip to Roskilde
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:29 pm

So the interesting thing is May 1 to May 26 for one night stays, any night, are not available for check-in, but nearly all of April and then later May is. Maybe just the peak season ...

I'll keep checking here and the AC, too. I wish the new Design Hotel weren't a Category 6 SPG.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, National EE
So the interesting thing is May 1 to May 26 for one night stays, any night, are not available for check-in, but nearly all of April and then later May is. Maybe just the peak season ...

I'll keep checking here and the AC, too. I wish the new Design Hotel weren't a Category 6 SPG.
It looks like Copenhagen is hosting the IIHF World Championships (the yearly international men's hockey tournament) next May. I'm looking at booking a Baltic cruise originating from/returning to Copenhagen, and I was able to get 1 night at the Marriott booked beforehand for a paid rate, but they've probably cleared out any awards availability. Looks like a nice property, though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.