Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Am here now...hours for club lounge happy hour appear to be 5.30pm to 9.30pm! Temporary lounge at the moment while the 11th floor lounge is under renovation. The lounge is in the lobby in a meeting room. Large fridge with drinks. I was also told on checkin that the minibar is complimentary...not sure if that is an Exec floor benefit or just for my rate?
Is the lounge open for brekkie or all day on the weekends? Also, can you find out how long the lounge renovation is going? I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Is the lounge open for brekkie or all day on the weekends? Also, can you find out how long the lounge renovation is going? I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Lounge should be finished by end of January. Lounge closed for breakfast, guests are invited to main restaurant buffet. Otherwise open from 11.30 onward until 10.30pm or so? Four hour (530-930) happy hour was quite nice!!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Four hour (530-930) happy hour was quite nice!!

You lush

I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Quick update on this.

Stayed here for 1 night in June.

As a silver member got upgraded to the executive level with access to the lounge.

Was a standard Marriott in terms of decor, but a very nice one. Staff were excellent, friendly and very helpful.

Free bar in the lounge and a reasonable range of food there at dinner time (weekend).

Excellent brief stay overall, but very happy and would gladly return.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Flapster
Quick update on this.

Stayed here for 1 night in June.

As a silver member got upgraded to the executive level with access to the lounge.

Was a standard Marriott in terms of decor, but a very nice one. Staff were excellent, friendly and very helpful.

Free bar in the lounge and a reasonable range of food there at dinner time (weekend).

Excellent brief stay overall, but very happy and would gladly return.
That's a generous upgrade!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Lounge should be finished by end of January. Lounge closed for breakfast, guests are invited to main restaurant buffet. Otherwise open from 11.30 onward until 10.30pm or so? Four hour (530-930) happy hour was quite nice!!
I stayed there about a year and a half ago. I have very happy memories of their Happy Hour
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Originally Posted by nacho
That's a generous upgrade!
It was indeed. Mini bar free as well.

Was holidaying with a mate, so wanted a night out on the Saturday.

Don't mean to sound cheap, but got hammered in the lounge, and saved a packet at Copenhagen prices!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
I'm there this weekend - sounds like it's going to be a good stay
Old Nov 28, 2012, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
please post an updated trip report (as I have a 3-nighter coming up in '13)..............

Originally Posted by jamesie_version1
I'm there this weekend - sounds like it's going to be a good stay
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I was there earlier in the week and the lounge was still serving beer at 10pm (on a Sunday).
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
A quick trip report for a 2-night stay;

Arrived late Friday night and was duely upgraded to a very fine junior suite. Very pleasant with water view, and somewhat unexpected due to the LNF.

It was not possible to get the platinum amenity delivered after 11pm, only 'pasta and salad and stuff' from the room service menu. Nothing was available in the lounge either apart from soft drinks.

Breakfast was not included in the computer system, but they did honour it when they were shown the LNF Email. Breakfast was of high quality, but it was a bit if a zoo-I had to queue 10 mins on Sunday morning for a table and they had run out if items before 11Am closing. When asked if the Danishes were to be replenished, the response was that only croissants were left. I was still very happy with breakfast though, but would not have paid 220kr pp if it was not included in my rate. Front desk proactively asked me about breakfast upon checkout as they knew there was issues.

Evening Lounge snacks included spring rolls, chicken wings and some very nice cheese. Wines and Danish pilsner were available also. Had a steak and salad in the restaurant for dinner, and it was very nice-fresh salad and tasty, well cooked steak.

Minibar was not free as previously reported.

Front desk remembered me, and a 3PM checkout was no problem.

Overall a very pleasant stay and I would be very happy to return.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
FYI the Exec Lounge is currently closed for renovation and they have a temporary room just off the lobby restaurant. Was told I could have a full buffet breakfast in the restaurant so it's kind of a bonus.

And warning to anyone thinking of ordering the beef brisket for dinner. It is enough meat for 4 people. About a kilo. Weird that it is one of the lesser expensive dishes. Tasted great.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:56 pm
Suspended

was there any indication of when they expected the EL to re-open?????

Originally Posted by stimpy
FYI the Exec Lounge is currently closed for renovation and they have a temporary room just off the lobby restaurant. Was told I could have a full buffet breakfast in the restaurant so it's kind of a bonus.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
was there any indication of when they expected the EL to re-open?????
Sorry, I didn't ask.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:19 am
Suspended

FYI...........

Greetings from the Copenhagen Marriott Hotel and thank you for your interest in our property.
In regards to your inquiry, the Executive Lounge is not closed, but the service hours are relocated on the ground floor. All Executive guests can still enjoy their entitled benefits and allowances such as complimentary breakfast and Happy Hour.
We have reserved a private Lounge area called ‘Cattle Room’ to accommodate our guests with beautiful views of the canal.
The Executive Lounge on the 11th floor is still available to enter and use it for your relaxation, get water, tea, coffee etc throughout the day however there are no scheduled services for the time being.

(Note: They'll revert back to norm EL in about a month..........)

Last edited by BKKLEE; Feb 1, 2013 at 4:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.