Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
I stayed at the CPH Marriott two weeks ago and it's a 10 minute walk from the central train station, but no fun if it is cold and icy.

The taxi from the airport was not very expensive.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mapu
I stayed at the CPH Marriott two weeks ago and it's a 10 minute walk from the central train station, but no fun if it is cold and icy.

The taxi from the airport was not very expensive.
Forecast seems to be for rain or snow, and cold! I'm now thinking I'll just go with a cab from airport to Marriott.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikelat
Forecast seems to be for rain or snow, and cold! I'm now thinking I'll just go with a cab from airport to Marriott.
Excellent idea- although it is not that far, with snow and cold and luggage that walk would be unpleasant.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Excellent idea- although it is not that far, with snow and cold and luggage that walk would be unpleasant.
It's located by the sea/canal, so it's very windy too - I always wonder why Marriott will pick that location It has nice view but it's a bit far from the city centre IMO. I guess it's design for cabs and cars.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Bus 66 stops right in front of the entrance the the Marriott.

FYI, Google maps will show the bus stops but for some reason this stop does not show up on Google, but it's there, we used it while we were in CPH last Sept.

At Central Station the bus stop Hovedbanegården, Tivoli (this is on the Tivoli side of the station, there is another stop around the corner which you don't want).

From there you will want the 2nd stop, just press the button to stop after you make the left turn (it's one turn to get on Kalvebod Brygge), if you don't the odds the bus is not stopping at the Marriott and you'll be downtown before you know it.

Here is the Bus planner http://www.rejseplanen.dk/bin/query.exe/en?ml=m&

The walk is not bad distance-wise as we walked from central station a few times since a lot of buses stop there, but it wasn't raining or snowing. I will say the winds can be brutal on the wrong day.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
It's located by the sea/canal, so it's very windy too - I always wonder why Marriott will pick that location It has nice view but it's a bit far from the city centre IMO. I guess it's design for cabs and cars.
I have always thought the location is a bit strange too- are there some big offices nearby perhaps?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold (RIP), TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, IC RA, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by chistery
As posted, it's easy to find, and only a short walk from Central Station. When you come out, ensure you have Tivoli opposite and the Radisson to your left (big logo on top of building) just turn right and keep walking. You can't miss it.
No as per my post, you don't want to actually enter the main station if you are walking. Therefore when you get off the platform you go up the stairs, turn left on the bridge. When you get to the end of the bridge you will be able to see Radisson and Tivoli to your left, you should turn right and walk down towards the water!

It'll save you a good few minutes of walking and there will be less people, both of which with luggage are preferered.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I appreciate all the great advice on the forum. Unfortunately, I overslept and missed my flight out of SEA last Friday. American wanted $3k to re-schedule me on later flights so I instead opted to cancel my trip and plan a later trip to Copenhagen. Lost the $250 USD for pre-paid room & Breakfast for 2 nights too

Assuming I can find a good price, I may go more in the summertime to be able to experience the city in warmer weather. I'll still stay at the Marriott though (have to keep up my stays!).
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:14 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Was there this weekend.
Took the train (3rd stop is Central Station), got off, and went out to the Tivoli Gardens side. As you exit, turn right and walk about 10 minutes until the road ends in a "T" intersection. The Marriott is just on the left.
DKK36 per person for the train. There were 2 of us, not sure of taxi rates.
In addition, we noticed Bus 5A goes just a block from the Marriott, and finishes at the airport! Even saw it at the airport bus stop as we walked through Terminal 1 (or whatever the Delta Airlines terminal is).
To me, that seems to be the easiest way to get to the Marriott unless you have a lot of bags. Also likely cheaper than the train. We didn't try it because we didn't have time to figure it out--but I'm sure someone on here knows.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:25 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
To further update:
Spent 2 nights there this weekend as a Gold. Thoroughly impressed! I actually used a Gold Challenge to get status, since I've rarely stayed at Marriotts, while I'm Platinum or Gold at HH, SPG, and IC. So everything was new to me as a Virgin Marriott Gold!
Highlights:
As a Gold, got upgrade from city-view to canal view. I actually don't know if there is much difference, neither view is remarkable--but the city side does have a busy street and a few reviews on Trip Advisor mention street noise. So was OK with that. We got our requested 2 double beds.
Huge pluses were Club Lounge access for Golds--as well as free internet for Golds (with 2 computers, even better since some SPG properties I've been at only allow one per room for Platinums).
Lounge was excellent in terms of friendly service, and surprisingly enough self-service alcohol in Scandinavia (!) which saw a packed house every night going through bottle after bottle of decent wines--2 reds, 2 whites. Plus spirits, including Johnny Walker Red (my friend liked that). Lounge food options were quite limited: only on Sunday, they brought out one (1) tray of nice hors d'ouevres (chicken skewers and veggie egg rolls) at 5:30pm sharp, the start of happy hour, and once those were gone they brought out what had been there on Saturday night: really bad "chicken" nuggets and "onion" rings. Couldnt' taste actual chicken or onions in either! Other snacks were there all day--peanuts, chips, candy, fruits--plus soft drinks and a coffee machine.
Breakfast was taken in the full-service restaurant downstairs, since we had it included in the rate. It was very high quality with plenty of options, especially good were a few herrings, and of course the pastries! Otherwise the hot food options were quite standard (though well presented), and not a huge choice but plenty for us. Really liked the waterside view from the restaurant, and the bright sunshine pouring in.
Our rate was DKK 879 including breakfast, which we thought was a great price, though you can get this hotel for around US$100 including taxes on Hotwire/priceline, though you don't get any Marriott Rewards privileges, and also no breakfast--which is a big deal since food is so expensive in CPH.
There is a huge shopping mall about a 10-minute walk from the hotel along the water. City center and the long pedestrian shopping street is also about 10-15 minutes away. Nyhavn, the picturesque canal with pastel-colored row houses, is about 15 minutes walk, as is nightlife. We enjoyed a couple of gay bars that were friendly--one classy and smoke-free (called Oscar Bar and Cafe), one too smoky for our tastes (called Jailhouse, complete with replica jail cells(!).
Anyway, an excellent hotel with very good Gold treatment.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update!

BTW - were there free i-net terminals or wifi in the exec lounge? And I'm reading the above that the lounge is open on the weekend (even if you get Sat leftovers on Sun ).

Cheers.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:35 pm

I didn't notice any computer terminals in the lounge; but I did see some on the 10th floor in kind of an atrium connected to the 11th floor.
Yes, lounge open and VERY crowded Saturday night, pretty full Sunday too (but crowd was less of a party atmosphere on Sunday, more single business people etc).
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: EBG, Hhonours Silver, Starwood Plat, Hertz#1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum, Marriott Gold
There are only the 2 free i terminals on the 10 floor, non in the lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards, British Airways Executive Club
Marriott Copenhagen Exec Lounge - free minibar?

Hello all,

Just wondered if anyone could advise on this please.

I've been staying in the Marriott Copenhagen and was offered access to the exec lounge for my stays. I'm not however staying on one of the "executive level" floors. When I checked out the other week they removed my minibar charges and explained that this was because I had exec lounge access which includes complimentary minibar in my room, and when I checked in again they again confirmed that exec lounge access means complimentary minibar.

However, during my stay this time I was discussing something else at the front desk and was informed that this is not the case and the free minibar only applies to people on "executive level" floors, not just those with lounge access.

Does anyone know if this is correct please? Seems strange to me as I've been told by two members of staff it's definitely included, and by one that it isn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
kyushuman,

We found the exec lounge exactly as you described it when staying here in January this year. The choice of food was quite strange. My daughter thought that the onion rings were calamari, however, as you said, it was not possible to identify the item by taste.
The wine, however, was excellent with good Italian and Californian reds and even some Australian whites. We really used the lounge as a pre-dinner drinks venue and it served the purpose very well.

I did notice some people using the i terminals but we found the free wi fi to be very fast and so used our own smart phones/Macs/PCs in the rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.