FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:15 pm
CDF

Location: Michigan, DL Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Gold
This has been an interesting thread - some people appear to have had a bad experience here and some a good experience. I just got back from a two night stay here and had a very enjoyable time. Maybe I just got lucky or maybe the folks who had a bad experience were unlucky.

Front Desk/Check-In

No problems with the check-in and even though the website says 4PM as the check-in time I was able to get right in when I arrived at noon. The person I dealt with at the front desk was very pleasant and offered some suggestions for things to do in the short time I was going to be there.

Rooms

I was upgraded to a room on the executive floor and given a city view facing Tivoli Gardens. It wasn't the most spectacular view from a Marriott that I've stayed in but I'm not usually in the room that much anyways so the view is low on my priority list. The room I was in was fairly large and everything was very modern and new. I'm not sure if they've done renovations or not but I was very satisfied with the quality, size and cleanliness of the room itself.

Executive Lounge

The lounge on the 11th floor was clean and well maintained each time I visited. I'm not sure if the breakfast has changed or not but each time I was there it consisted of eggs, bacon, sausage, cold cuts, bread/rolls, cereal, yogurt, fruit and a choice of juices and coffee. The breakfast offerings weren't as extensive as some European hotels I've stayed at but they were more than some others I've been in. The evening appetizers consisted of two hot selections, two cold selections and some cheese/crackers. Drinks were complimentary but limited to beer and wine. There was soda, water and coffee available at all times and the only request/disappointment I had was that there didn't appear to be any diet sodas available - just the full leaded versions of Coke and Pepsi. Doesn't anyone in CP drink diet soda? A big positive for me is that the lounge was open all weekend.

Local Area

I noticed someone mentioned that the hotel is located more in a business area and I'd have to agree with them. There's nothing really just outside the hotel but I found that there a lot of places within a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. Tivoli Gardens (across from the main train station) is about a 10 minute walk and I was able to walk to the shopping districts in about the same 10-15 minutes time.

Concierge

I only used the concierge once to help me locate a local brew pub. They weren't familiar with it and I was hoping that they'd be able to look it up and give me specific directions. The concierge didn't even offer to look it up for me and it was only when I mentioned the street that they showed me where it was on a map. Once I knew where the street was I was able to find the place on my own. I'm not sure if I caught someone at a bad time but this is the one area where I think the hotel could improve on.

Overall I had a positive experience at this hotel and would stay there again.