Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by yyyccclll
Tried this afternoon but did not get $15 coupon. Mgr said that the promotion is over. Cannot find the promotion ad in the store anymore. The link of the ad in this thread is no longer available. Anyone has a copy here? Please upload. Thanks.
At Safeway in Northern Virginia, I recall the end date being Oct. 7. Coupon printed fine for me today.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CC, Hyatt & IHG
Originally Posted by yyyccclll
Tried this afternoon but did not get $15 coupon. Mgr said that the promotion is over. Cannot find the promotion ad in the store anymore. The link of the ad in this thread is no longer available. Anyone has a copy here? Please upload. Thanks.
Just go thru the Catalina marketing web support to get your coupon.

http://support.catalinamarketing.com...pected-coupon/
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:29 am

Coupon printed fine at SW in PHX.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Juss11
Got it thanks

One more question. Are the Visa GC by US bank better to get over the Metabank? Or does it really not matter?
Both are fine. Meta's code is the last 4 digits.
In case of Hemet, just spread out all the packages on the ground, do not pick the ones that are different than the majority. Open the package right away and spend them asap. If the back of GC is sticky, spend it FAST or call the 800 number.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:13 pm

hmmm... couple things...

there is a new memo from corporate that also included a quick meeting in this store. this has been a very MS friendly store. they now have a $1000 limit for credit card buys of any GC's per day (not per transaction). above 1000 is cash only. reason: a different store had $10k in GC's purchased with a stolen credit card. 2 transactions of $5k that some manager approved/did their override swipe. the memo says that any manager approving above $1k will be written up and potentially fired. i'm just glad they didn't go cash only on all V/MC GC's.

as i've said ad nauseam, the criminals were doing this long before us and, since pins on GC's, they've been liquidating them same as us. i'd be willing to bet this guy drove straight to walmart, etc to buy money orders to launder his take.

as for the coupon:

didn't print for me last night either. the catalina printer was not only on with a green light, it printed a powerbar coupon. correct signage still up in store showing thru 10.7. it was the night supervisor who rang me up and he doesn't have the authority to give me $15 gift card in its place. it's a friendly store for MS and he's nice, so i didn't push it; knowing i could get it from catalina online. still, i'll be gone soon, so not sure i want to buy any more this promo.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
hmmm... couple things...

there is a new memo from corporate that also included a quick meeting in this store. this has been a very MS friendly store. they now have a $1000 limit for credit card buys of any GC's per day (not per transaction). above 1000 is cash only. reason: a different store had $10k in GC's purchased with a stolen credit card. 2 transactions of $5k that some manager approved/did their override swipe. the memo says that any manager approving above $1k will be written up and potentially fired. i'm just glad they didn't go cash only on all V/MC GC's.

as i've said ad nauseam, the criminals were doing this long before us and, since pins on GC's, they've been liquidating them same as us. i'd be willing to bet this guy drove straight to walmart, etc to buy money orders to launder his take.

as for the coupon:

didn't print for me last night either. the catalina printer was not only on with a green light, it printed a powerbar coupon. correct signage still up in store showing thru 10.7. it was the night supervisor who rang me up and he doesn't have the authority to give me $15 gift card in its place. it's a friendly store for MS and he's nice, so i didn't push it; knowing i could get it from catalina online. still, i'll be gone soon, so not sure i want to buy any more this promo.
I gotta keep an eye out on this. We don't have many data points on this so far. Hopefully its just that store.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
No Catalina printed coupon in SEA (machine was on and working), but the friendly cashier manually entered a J4U code that took $10 off my $25 non-dairy, non-alcohol grocery purchase.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
No Catalina printed coupon in SEA (machine was on and working), but the friendly cashier manually entered a J4U code that took $10 off my $25 non-dairy, non-alcohol grocery purchase.
Not friendly enough. It was supposed to be $15 off.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by geclub1
Not friendly enough. It was supposed to be $15 off.
D'oh. Yet another reason why I'll never be inducted in the FT hall of Fame...
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:18 pm

Coupon still printing each time with same club card account.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:57 pm

What are folks buying with the coupons? I have about 10 of these floating around, and there is no way I can use them by the expiration date. I'm also just shopping for one.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by us1549
What are folks buying with the coupons? I have about 10 of these floating around, and there is no way I can use them by the expiration date. I'm also just shopping for one.
I don't think there's an easy way to get a cash equivalent from it, if that's what you're asking. I'm actually using these for groceries. Although my stores are hit or miss with allowing CC for VGCs. I was turned down today, and yesterday the coupon didn't print.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
hmmm... couple things...

follow up to this post:

the story of the criminal using a stolen card to buy $10k is true.

however, the $1k limit was an exaggeration. i saw the actual store manager- he knows i buy a lot of cards. anyway, he said anything over $5k will get flagged. even if you split it and do several transactions, it will flag for corporate loss prevention dept. (ie: not just at store level)- so kinda like velocity limits at the walmart kiosk. if that amount gets rung up over a period of time, it flags. when it flags, loss prevention calls the manager in a tizzy, and it rolls downhill from there.

the getting fired if a mgr overrides/approves a stolen credit card and they didn't check ID is real. so, as with the supervisor in my store, some will err on the side of caution. of course, stores can set limits below corp. guidelines, so, as always, ymmv.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by us1549
Diapers were on $5 Friday last week, I would have used all my coupons but the wife isn't sold on the Safeway Diapers. Just go have twins and you'll use them, no problem.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by dboston1
I don't think there's an easy way to get a cash equivalent from it, if that's what you're asking. I'm actually using these for groceries.
It appears that folks are getting approximately 50 percent of face value on ebay, if you really need to dump them. Act fast, they expire quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.