Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:21 pm

FYI, I think the limit of # of coupons per transaction is 4. I purchased a $500 Amex card (was at the head cashier's line who always has the override) and four coupons printed out. These coupons are only valid for one week though.

I debated getting the eBAY gift cards (which will give gas points and can be turned into AMEX cards via purchase of Walmart gift cards), but in the end decided it wasn't worth the hassle of potentially sketchy eBAY sellers, and just went with the Amex card.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
BEWARE of SHORT EXPIRATION DATES for the $10 off $25 coupon!!!

Just bought another gift card today and the printed coupon expires in 1 week on Dec 16
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Any clues on how often this Safeway/Vons things comes around?

Variable card deal, while Chase Freedom 5x is in effect this quarter would be great.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
might have just been a computer issue today but I got a limit exceeded when trying to purchase 2 gift cards this morning, tried two different credit cards. the person in from of me was also buying a variable but they only put 20 on it and paid in cash. thank goodness for people paying 25.95 for a 20 gift card
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:34 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by particlemn
buying a variable but they only put 20 on it and paid in cash. thank goodness for people paying 25.95 for a 20 gift card
We all laugh at this, but I've done this before from time to time (buying low denomination VGC with cash). I usually do this when I'm buying something online that I would prefer to be anonymous with fake name/address/etc.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jmw
We all laugh at this, but I've done this before from time to time (buying low denomination VGC with cash). I usually do this when I'm buying something online that I would prefer to be anonymous with fake name/address/etc.
like that subscription to Ashley Madison?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jmw
I can't imagine why a MS'er would deliberately buy low-denomination, if higher were available at reasonable fee. Take your typical $500 or even $200 VGC, then unload all but the amount you need for your secondary purpose.

This Christmas is the first time I've ever bought small cards, but only because OM had that sale and was convenient to buy some multipacks, to hand out $25 VGC and $30 MGC to preschool teachers and other service personnel we wanted to reward.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by particlemn
like that subscription to Ashley Madison?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From February 11-17, purchase $50 gift card at Safeway, receive $10 off coupon ($25 minimum purchase). Effectively a 20% rebate plus your normal CC points or cashback.

The cash register coupon is hard to read so I am not sure if any decent GCs are included though I see images for Sephora, BWW, Fandango and Applebees cards. I will try to visit Safeway tonight for a more complete list.

Last edited by Boraxo; Feb 12, 2015 at 5:43 pm
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
From February 11-17, purchase $50 gift card at Safeway, receive $10 off coupon ($25 minimum purchase). Effectively a 20% rebate plus your normal CC points or cashback.

The cash register coupon is hard to read so I am not sure if any decent GCs are included though I see images for Sephora, BWW, Fandango and Applebees cards.
Has anyone gotten the coupon when buying gift cards other than the few pictured in the ad?
I tried Shell and eBay; no coupon printed.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:06 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Boraxo
The cash register coupon is hard to read so I am not sure if any decent GCs are included though I see images for Sephora, BWW, Fandango and Applebees cards. I will try to visit Safeway tonight for a more complete list.
I just returned from Vons and was so underwhelmed by the cards on offer that I passed. Add Buffalo Wings to the list.

I bought two $25 ebay cards. I had first logged onto Vons and then "just for U" and loaded the offer to my Vons account of $5 off on 2 cards. The smallest you can put on a card is $25, so it is effectively $5 off on $50. I used my Freedom card to purchase them, so a double dip of 5x points.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just returned from Vons and was so underwhelmed by the cards on offer that I passed. Add Buffalo Wings to the list.
Agree - I am sorry I even posted it because these are mostly cards that nobody wants. The only other cards I saw were Lane Bryant and JC Penney.

Did not see ebay but if that is on the list I would definitely buy $50. But this certainly isn't the big sale that we saw during the holiday season.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
Safeway: $5 When you Purchase Two eBay Gift Cards
Limit 2 cards per transaction. expires 2/24/2015

You have to add via Just 4 U.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
In the ad: Sephora, BWW, Fandango, Applebees, UNO, Dinner and a Movie (the only one on display was for AMC),Bass Pro Shops, Lane Bryant, Spa Finder (best guess of the image), and JC Penney cards.

$10 off* your next shopping trip
when you spend $50 or more on these participating gift cards for your valentine** *Offer valid on in-store gift card purchases. $10 coupon will be provided at checkout valid on your next Offer valid 2/11/15 - 2/17/15 qualified purchase of $25 or more.

None of that for me. I just saw that if you go into your account online, you can sign up to earn Alaska Air miles when you shop in Alaska. I signed up on the eventuality that I will be in Alaska and get the odd mile or two.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by bobunf
Safeway: $5 When you Purchase Two eBay Gift Cards
Limit 2 cards per transaction. expires 2/24/2015

You have to add via Just 4 U.
This can only be done once, it looks like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.