Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by mcRib
i couldn't replicate your kevlar $10 off with the 500 gas pts. bought 1 kevlar today and only got $10 off.
I couldn't replicate it myself either I did only one the first day as a test run, when I went big the next few days, I got the $10 off but no gas points. OTH, it's not like I would have a use for all those gas points anyway.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
I couldn't replicate it myself either I did only one the first day as a test run, when I went big the next few days, I got the $10 off but no gas points. OTH, it's not like I would have a use for all those gas points anyway.
i have use for them! be a hero to me! send them my way!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by mcRib
did you also get $10 off?
I didn't. Had to manually be entered by cashier.

But I can confirm as well that surfboard gave double the pts (1000 fuel reward pts / a full dollar off at the pump).
mcRib likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:20 pm

I sorta lost track of the bidding. If you are only interested in the discount (not the points), are we saying that a $500 Kevlar will automatically generate the J4U discount?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tuphat
I sorta lost track of the bidding. If you are only interested in the discount (not the points), are we saying that a $500 Kevlar will automatically generate the J4U discount?
Kevlar did work for me, but I think I had my best success with the cupcake one
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Tried a Kayak today. It did give me 1000 FR. but no discount.
Manager was called, gave manual -$10 on the purchase.
Fortunately almost done with this promotion, don't like
the attention of calling managers.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by ElPresidente
Tried a Kayak today. It did give me 1000 FR. but no discount.
Manager was called, gave manual -$10 on the purchase.
Fortunately almost done with this promotion, don't like
the attention of calling managers.
Tried Visa with Balloons, Visa with Sea Shells. No $10 discount with the club card. Showed app to head clerk. Was dealing with the graveyard stock crew. Very easy for them to void transactions since the manager override card is sitting at the register all night for anyone to use. Clerk agreed that it should have discounted $10 and tried to do a manual discount. Clerk said the system would not allow a manual discount. Clerk ended up voiding off the processing fee and a couple other items I bought to get a discount of approximately (but not exactly) $10.

No Fuel Points earned.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Kevlar did work for me, but I think I had my best success with the cupcake one
For me, cupcake generated the desired J4U discount, but no fuel points (I don't care). Thanks!!
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:22 pm

My experience -
Kevlar - always gets J4U, never points (4 x)
Flowers/Roses - always gets J4U, never points (1x)
Balloons - No J4U discount, gets points, but have had $10 manual override (2x)
Cupcake - always gets J4U, never points. (2x)

My take away is that the points are possible only if the J4U doesnt work and I am able to get a manager override. Im also able to keep the $10 off in my account too.
mcRib likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:50 am

Anyone knows if the current J4U "Participating Dining Gift Cards, When you buy $50 or more in Participating Dining gift cards." and "Participating Fashion Gift Cards, When you buy $100 or more in Participating Fashion gift cards." work for Dining everywhere and Style everywhere?. Conditions note "*Participating Cards include: Applebee's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Burger King, Chili's, Domino's and Starbucks." and "Participating Cards include: American Eagle, Bath & Body Works, Kohl's, JC Penney and Sephora.".

I get that the T&C exclused the visa everywhere, but the special is otherwise exactly the same as the previous round which did allow the visas, so I'm wondering if they actually updated the special or only changed the language? I'll test locally this weekend and be a DP, just wondering of anyone else tested too.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:54 pm

I've already seen a couple of negative DPs. 2x gas still counted though.
I guess they've caught on. The last promo said 'Any' dining or fashion gc. This time it's more specific even listing the participating merchants gc.
*might still be worth it if you like Dominos. 10x gas - $7 coupon exp. 1/02/18

I'm waiting for the $10 off visa for the freedom apple pay 1st qt.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Please continue this discussion here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manu...ad-2018-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.