Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Went to pavilions and saw 2 vanilla hanging. So odd....
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:24 am

my local Vons store are now cash only for gift cards. I wonder if its just an individual store or applying to all?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gpen1827
Any design earning fuel points?
Nope, went through all of them last week just to recheck.

Last time in, didn't even bother with my Safeway card.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79
my local Vons store are now cash only for gift cards. I wonder if its just an individual store or applying to all?
I hope its just that store.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
Hi! Newbie here.

I'm going to different Safeways to get the $15 off purchase of $25, when you buy a Visa/Amex gift card. The coupon isn't printing at any of the stores, which is not a problem, because the manager will just give me a gift card...has anyone gotten the coupon to print? Any advice?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by TeamCarryOn
Hi! Newbie here.

I'm going to different Safeways to get the $15 off purchase of $25, when you buy a Visa/Amex gift card. The coupon isn't printing at any of the stores, which is not a problem, because the manager will just give me a gift card...has anyone gotten the coupon to print? Any advice?
The promotion is not valid on variable gift cards. I bought a variable $500 and got a coupon from the manager the first time. Once I realized that they were excluded, I bought $200 fixed cards and the coupons started printing out automatically.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:26 am

has anyone gotten the coupon to print ?
prints every time
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
Originally Posted by minamhere
The promotion is not valid on variable gift cards. I bought a variable $500 and got a coupon from the manager the first time. Once I realized that they were excluded, I bought $200 fixed cards and the coupons started printing out automatically.
Okay, thank you! I'll try the fixed card, and see what happens.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:28 pm

I bought a variable card the first time around and didn't receive the coupon so the manager gave me a $15 gc. The second time I forgot about the promo and was just doing my usual Wells card spend. Purchased four variable cards plus some groceries and the 15 off 25 coupon printed.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:23 pm

Newbie here again.

I'm not sure how folks do this, as my experience at different stores was mixed, and I was flagged at one store as a potential credit card scammer. That store, refused to let me pay with a credit card, so I paid with my debit card and the machine printed a coupon that expires on 11-27. I spoke to a person at another store, and they said it is in the store's discretion to accept credit cards for gift card purchases. IDK ... If I had on mom jeans and kids in tow, maybe I would've flown under the radar.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:45 pm

Newbie here again.

I'm not sure how folks do this, as my experience at different stores was mixed, and I was flagged at one store as a potential credit card scammer. That store, refused to let me pay with a credit card, so I paid with my debit card and the machine printed a coupon that expires on 11-27. I spoke to a person at another store, and they said it is in the store's discretion to accept credit cards for gift card purchases. IDK ... If I had on mom jeans and kids in tow, maybe I would've flown under the radar.
How'd you get flagged? Did they say only you can't purchase gcs with ccs or is it a storewide policy?
I haven't had any problems yet. No kids or mom jeans here. Female fond of t-shirts, jeans and flip flops.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by diseased
How'd you get flagged? Did they say only you can't purchase gcs with ccs or is it a storewide policy?
I haven't had any problems yet. No kids or mom jeans here. Female fond of t-shirts, jeans and flip flops.
Again, I'm a newbie, and I think the problem was going to different stores. I went to 4 stores in the morning, and the 5th one in the evening, which is where I had the problem. I worked retail when I was younger, so it was clear to me that word had gotten out that I should be watched. Even after that experience, I went to another store to use the coupon, and I had problems with the machine wanting to accept my CC. If I had known which GC to get in order to make the machine print the coupon, then I would've stayed at one store, and it all would've been easier. But I blame the circular for not making any of that clear. In the end, I'm happy. For very little effort, I racked up free groceries, and rewards points on my CC.

But I'm curious, do all of the coupons expire on the 27th of November? That seems awfully short, for such a coupon.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
But I'm curious, do all of the coupons expire on the 27th of November? That seems awfully short, for such a coupon.
No they expire 7 days from date of issue.

I've been cycling. Visit Safeway, buy >$25 of groceries using coupon from previous visit. Buy a $200 VGC, get a new coupon good for next visit. Repeat. I'm doing this about once a day at the Safeway on the way to work.

My pantry is well stocked with staple items now.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by anchor79
This is generally a local decision.

I've had one nearby store go cash-only for prepaids, and two others for all gift cards. My go-to store recently limited credit card purchases on prepaids to $200 due to fraud problems there.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:05 pm

If I had known which GC to get in order to make the machine print the coupon, then I would've stayed at one store, and it all would've been easier. But I blame the circular for not making any of that clear.
Doesnt the circular clearly state that Variable VISA and AMEX are excluded from the promotion ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.