Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by elvistcb
So far of my new ones, 4 of 6 worked. Last two haven't used yet.
Did you have an actual Safeway card number tied with your phone number OR just the phone number? I have four that won't take and was wondering if I need to add a real Safeway rewards card number. Mine has worked on 2 of 6. I did find a Safeway that only allows $200 cards (fixed cards) to be purchased with credit so it's definitely YMMV.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:14 pm

So far of my new ones, 4 of 6 worked. Last two haven't used yet.
Are the phone numbers in a pattern or somewhat random? Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
Did you have an actual Safeway card number tied with your phone number OR just the phone number? I have four that won't take and was wondering if I need to add a real Safeway rewards card number. Mine has worked on 2 of 6. I did find a Safeway that only allows $200 cards (fixed cards) to be purchased with credit so it's definitely YMMV.
Originally Posted by usalibido
Are the phone numbers in a pattern or somewhat random? Thanks!
No actual card number tied to phone number. Phone numbers aren't random...a pattern... just changed the last digit one higher.

Did you fill in your profile? None of mine have names tied to them. The only requirement on that set up screen is a store otherwise I left the profile blank. If you used the same names maybe they are tying them together and giving you one offer? That really doesn't make sense since it is phone number based but just a wild guess?

Last edited by elvistcb; Jan 2, 2016 at 7:38 pm
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:54 pm

I just created a new Vons account and logged in on the Vons app, but this most recent Visa GC offer was not there. Is it because new accounts don't get certain offers, or is that maxed out like the AMEX offers?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just created a new Vons account and logged in on the Vons app, but this most recent Visa GC offer was not there. Is it because new accounts don't get certain offers, or is that maxed out like the AMEX offers?
It's still there. Try adding from website.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
It's a mastercard promo... so don't search for "visa"
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:44 am

Anyone notice a large number of the purple MC variable with missing pull tabs]
they are just old stock
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by usalibido
I created 5 new accounts online and added the coupon yesterday. but when I actually used them (by entering associated phones numbers at checkout) today, only one took off the $15.

Did anyone run into similar issues? Is there a trick? Thanks!
Did you wait at least 24 hours after creating the accounts before using them at the store?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by mousead1
Did you wait at least 24 hours after creating the accounts before using them at the store?
Is the 24 hour wait something you've found to be key?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:11 pm

Is the 24 hour wait something you've found to be key?
Yes you must wait at least 24 hours for your phone number to be activated in their system properly.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:28 pm

YMMV.

Last edited by Chelski; Jan 30, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:05 pm

It appears the promo is gone for new accounts.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:15 pm

YMMV.

Last edited by Chelski; Jan 30, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:28 pm

bought one yesterday but the small activation slip says "already been activated" and receipt says " not approved". Cashier has to do a turn and buy another gift card. She didn't notice the 15 off coupon and only loaded with $485 instead of $500.
Anyone has ever bought a gift card that has already been activated?

Last edited by savingwizard; Jan 3, 2016 at 5:55 pm
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by mousead1
Yes. But it was still within three days between creating and using. Also with the holidays, it is possible the system is not completely updated and the new accounts are not truly activated yet.

Also just to confirm the coupon is gone for new accounts. I created a couple of new ones to "experiment", trying to find the necessary waiting time but could not find the coupon anymore in both accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.