Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2016, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Looks like my local CVS cashiers will get to see me very often again
Just make sure you have a way to liquidate them.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by ntjane66
Just make sure you have a way to liquidate them.
Of course There are a few reliable grocery stores still left that allow MOs, but I have to keep the volume down. Still worth the effort with a 5% card.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Of course There are a few reliable grocery stores still left that allow MOs, but I have to keep the volume down. Still worth the effort with a 5% card.
what are some CCc that earn 5% at drugstores nowadays?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
Amex Blue Cash
Old Jan 24, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by danhouston
Wells Fargo, cash or travel rewards, unlimited 5% for 6mo.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:54 pm

Just went by another grocery chain that has always had meta 500's and they have pulled all of them as well. Looks like Kroger is the only one left (in the DFW AREA). Haven't checked Albertson's but they were bought by Safeway right?

Last edited by knopfler; Jan 25, 2016 at 7:55 pm Reason: added info
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:07 pm

Looks like Kroger is in for a beating. For once I might not be jealous of the DFW MS crowd.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by CWAL
Salt Lake.

I had good luck doing volume at the North Shore a month or so ago. Hawaii is pretty much dead now, as for some strange reason, the fake CVS' (Long's Drugs) and Target don't carry anything higher than $50. I haven't bothered checking out WM, it wouldn't surprise me if $500 GCs simply don't exist on the islands anymore..

I was really banking on Safeway to keep my MS pace going out here.. :/ I lost out on roughly $1200 of profit ( which would be fine if being out here this week was by choice, and not work requirements. )
I was stuck here permanently I checked Times and some gas station, Times only sale gc upto $100 and can't find any in gas station. Will try USPS
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:28 am

kroger sells 500's, some allow billpay via checkfreepay to visa/mc, and some allow mo purchase with debit that doesn't have your name on it.

there is another store in dfw that has great gc coverage and codes as grocery but i'm not giving it out. the mgr already told me they have people coming in buying 10-20k at a time and it has them on edge. its too bad people can't stick to 1-2k at a time.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:16 pm
umc

Originally Posted by knopfler
Just went by another grocery chain that has always had meta 500's and they have pulled all of them as well. Looks like Kroger is the only one left (in the DFW AREA). Haven't checked Albertson's but they were bought by Safeway right?
Albertsons also pulled all variable Visa/Matsercard giftcards in my area (Inland Empire SoCal).
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by umc
Albertsons also pulled all variable Visa/Matsercard giftcards in my area (Inland Empire SoCal).
I can confirm that the albertsons yanked their variable VGC/MCGCs in my area. I also checked my local Vons and all the variable VGC/MCGCs were yanked.

I am in L.A/OC SoCal
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I can confirm that the albertsons yanked their variable VGC/MCGCs in my area. I also checked my local Vons and all the variable VGC/MCGCs were yanked.

I am in L.A/OC SoCal
Not only have the variables been yanked (aside for the up to $200 'restaurant debit' ones), but, when I was able to find a flower variable that had apparently been hidden, it would not even scan at the register!!

Same for carbon black package that I also found.

Exceptionally sad since the flowers and baseballs up till this point were still triggering the 'Spend $100 in groceries, get $XX back' Just4U's that I was getting once a week, and likewise for the Catalina coupons.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by knopfler
Haven't checked Albertson's but they were bought by Safeway right?
It's the other way around
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:51 pm

So I'm not a Safeway guy, but this is worse than the Serve shutdowns, right? It was pretty much THE source for GC on the west coast if I'm not mistaken. I think the middle of the country is somewhat spared because of Kroger. I feel for you guys, terrible blow.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:16 pm

Yes, worse than serve by far for volume buyers. Serve hurt the little guy more..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.