Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Question

Is the "$10 off your next shopping order of $25 or more" offer in the wiki still valid?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:10 am

Last night, the signs were still on display at my local Safeway. I did not look for an expiration date.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Since their weekly ads are making it more and more clear (as time passes) that Safeway and Albertsons are the same company, anybody think to try to redeem the Catalina at Albertsons?
Answering myself...

Due to Thanksgiving, Friday in-store they had a 5-day ad (flyer near store entrance) instead of the typical 7-day ad. It was 98% the same, Albertsons compared to Safeway. It included the 10 (or 15*) off 25 Catalina deal WYB $125 in store-specific GCs, since expired.

So for me, I'ma tend to do some of the Albertsons versions any time I see something new in this thread. Their butcher counter tends to be way better, and less problems redeeming the Catalinas, etc.

* I can't remember
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver
Safeway $10 off $150+ VGC instant savings

Saw this on the Safeway app this morning. $10 instant savings on $150+ metabank Visa Gift card. Must add to your Just4U account in the app. Limit one per Club Card account.

Bought $500 metabank gift card for $495.95 with my Amex. Loaded Serve account at Walmart.

Offer Details:
Limit one (1) offer per HouseHold. *Club Card customer required. Offer valid 12/06 - 12/12; final redemption 12/19. Visa® Gift Cards purchases must be made in a single transaction. One offer per transaction. No rain checks. See gift cards for details, terms and conditions and (if applicable) fees. Subject to availability, while supplies last. Products may not be available in all states. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. The Visa® Gift Card is issued by MetaBank®, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. MetaBank; Member FDIC. The Visa Gift Card is issued by Sunrise Banks, N.A., St. Paul, MN 55103, pursuant to a license from Visa, U.A.A. Inc. Sunrise Banks, N.A.; Member FDIC. Card may be used only at merchants in the U.S. and District of Columbia wherever Visa debit cards are accepted. See Cardholder Agreement for details.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 5:40 pm

Sweet. Thanks for reporting.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 6:13 pm

nice first post. welcome to FT!

good to hear you already tried it with a variable card. shame about the limit of 1 per card. worth testing.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 6:42 pm

Thank you for this.....I just added it to my household's accounts....I am on my way right now...
Old Dec 6, 2015, 8:16 pm

Two Safeway clerks tonight gladly accepted my Amex card for $500'Visa cards..... while two clerks turned me down. Not a bad average.... Thanks again.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by umich07
Saw this on the Safeway app this morning. $10 instant savings on $150+ metabank Visa Gift card. Must add to your Just4U account in the app. Limit one per Club Card account.
Great first post! Prompted me to break out all my old club cards for the "family". A gentle way to get back into MS (had to get out of the game for a while since I bought a new house).
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Southwest CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
New Accounts

Tried to create an additional accounts for this tonight. The app loaded up all the coupons for me but none of the gift card offers. Anyone have experience if they eventually load those to the new account?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Intertraffic
The app loaded up all the coupons for me but none of the gift card offers.
Same thing happened to me, last go-around of this sort of offer.
My newly created cards, didn't get the Special Offers.

Currently I have 4, and all 4 of the existing ones got an offer. Cards 2-4 have all been used in-store at least once. I really need to add a few more for opportunities like this.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:40 am

you can add it from the website also.

http://www.vons.com/ShopStores/Justf...#/category/all
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
Same thing happened to me, last go-around of this sort of offer.
My newly created cards, didn't get the Special Offers.
FYI... See isriam's post :-)

Originally Posted by isriam
you can add it from the website also.

http://www.vons.com/ShopStores/Justf...#/category/all
Thanks for sharing that too. I was able to add it to 2 accounts it wasn't showing up on the app. I just had to scroll down a little bit, but sure enough they were there.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I thought perhaps I could exploit "lag" in Safeway registering usage of the offer.

So I used card#1 for a purchase, got the $10 off. No need for manager override of a $500 transaction yay!

And the app still showed the offer on that card. So I thought this reflected batch processing of the offer. So I attempted to use card#1 again at another Safeway 10 minutes away. No dice. Had to cancel the purchase and switch to card#2. SO it seems while the offer may still show on your card for a while, corporate and registers at different stores, know you've used it very quickly.

FYI.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
I thought perhaps I could exploit "lag" in Safeway registering usage of the offer.

So I used card#1 for a purchase, got the $10 off. No need for manager override of a $500 transaction yay!

And the app still showed the offer on that card. So I thought this reflected batch processing of the offer. So I attempted to use card#1 again at another Safeway 10 minutes away. No dice. Had to cancel the purchase and switch to card#2. SO it seems while the offer may still show on your card for a while, corporate and registers at different stores, know you've used it very quickly.

FYI.
I created 4 new accounts: one account had the offer in the app, and the other 3 added via website.

I was able to buy with my old account and the 1 new app based offer account, the 3 website added JFU deals did not work. I'll try again in a day or two. If it doesn't show up in the app that might be a good indication it won't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.