Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by jpgisbd
Balls gave 1x points at 6:30pm when I bought one at Safeway in Eugene. Wife just returned home from buying balls at 9:30pm and no gas rewards. Strange.
No points for baseball this morning in DFW.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:29 am

No more points on baseball and football too
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:20 am

Balls don't work anymore in AZ. It was fun while it lasted. Glad I got enough points to get me through November.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:46 pm

I've tried balloons, flowers, black carbon and balls. All not giving gas rewards at this point. Anything still working for anyone?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by jpgisbd
IAnything still working for anyone?
just the Motorhead Walking Dead tribute design with the picture of Daryl
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
3X gas reward points for gift cards until 11/3 on J4U in NorCal.

Anything working in CA?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:12 am

I see 4x gas reward points on gcs in Austin. There's also an offer to save 20 cents per gallon with a $30 purchase.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by diseased
I see 4x gas reward points on gcs in Austin. There's also an offer to save 20 cents per gallon with a $30 purchase.
I got a save 20 cents/gallon with $20 purchase via safeway app. Does anyone know if you get the Saver Stamps with the GCs? If so, it is free Cuisinart. I haven't needed to buy any GCs since my last run in Sept with the double points.

I'm in NOVA.

Last edited by Chelski; Oct 15, 2015 at 8:50 am Reason: Location
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:18 pm

I see an interesting offer online:

"Gap Brand Gift Cards
Save 20% instantly on all Gap Inc. gift cards purchased."

Great opportunity for GC resellers.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:12 pm

Tampered Amazon GC in Sacramento

I got what's almost certainly a tampered $100 Amazon GC at the 19th & R Safeway in Sacramento. It looked ok from the outside but once I opened the package I found the dreaded hard glue holding the package together and on the card. There's a little bit of the normal soft siliconish stuff left inside the package so it's pretty obvious someone opened it up and glued it back together. Very amateurish job once the package was opened. I redeemed it right away successfully, fortunately.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Wonko
I got what's almost certainly a tampered $100 Amazon GC at the 19th & R Safeway in Sacramento. It looked ok from the outside but once I opened the package I found the dreaded hard glue holding the package together and on the card. There's a little bit of the normal soft siliconish stuff left inside the package so it's pretty obvious someone opened it up and glued it back together. Very amateurish job once the package was opened. I redeemed it right away successfully, fortunately.
That's scary because this is the first time I've read about a fraudulent merchant gift card, and also one priced this low. What does the gray scratch-off area (or sticker) looks like?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
That's scary because this is the first time I've read about a fraudulent merchant gift card, and also one priced this low. What does the gray scratch-off area (or sticker) looks like?
It's a peel-off sticker that comes off intact and can be stuck back on - I did it as a test. I didn't take a picture and left it work, unfortunately. I'm glad the glue was such a sloppy job because it prompted me to redeem the card ASAP.

I think I linked this story last year. Makes sense to me; with Christmas coming up, there'll probably be a lot of these merchant and/or lower-value (to us ) GCs being bought and sitting around for a couple of months, so they're perfect targets for fraudsters. This is the first tampered GC I've personally encountered, and it's a good reminder to not get complacent.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
I got a save 20 cents/gallon with $20 purchase via safeway app. Does anyone know if you get the Saver Stamps with the GCs? If so, it is free Cuisinart. I haven't needed to buy any GCs since my last run in Sept with the double points.

I'm in NOVA.
You don't get saver stamps with gift cards. I've purchased a few VGCs, Safeway Gas, and Safeway grocery gift cards, and none earn saver stamps. (Also in Nova)
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, BA, HH
it seems that all VG stop giving points.
does anyone have a new updates?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by minamhere
You don't get saver stamps with gift cards. I've purchased a few VGCs, Safeway Gas, and Safeway grocery gift cards, and none earn saver stamps. (Also in Nova)
Thanks. I was in Safeway last night and asked the cashier if gift cards earned saver stamps. He wasn't sure and probably would've given me some if I bought gift cards. It definitely wouldn't make sense and maybe he receives a prompt with how many were earned. But I've switched to Giant for the next week for the $2.20 discount and a huge hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.