Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:51 pm

I'm in Socal and checked my local Vons. I didn't see this promo in the store gift card rack, in the circular, nor in my Vons app.

Originally Posted by vinhboy
FYI,

There is a new promotion: $25 VGC for purchasing $125 in Store GC: Amazon, Lowes, etc...

When you make the GC purchase, a little coupon will print out with a code to redeem for the $25 VGC online.

One coupon per transaction, Two per household.

Check your Weekly Ad. I am in NorCal.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:00 pm

Got the $25 GC for $125 in GC purchases. Did it twice. Valid in Hawaii.

Thanks for the tip about the little coupon. The cashiers were rushing both times and didn't grab it to hand it to me if I didn't mention it to them.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by tech2011
Carbon black cards are not giving any gas points starting this month. I will try flowers today.
Bought Carbon Black for $494 at Vons this morning and got 1X gas points.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:07 pm

Got my two $25 gift cards from the last promotion. They are Meta Bank gift cards and have your name printed on the front. The instructions that come with the card seem to indicate that you can't set a pin on them. Haven't gotten a chance to unload them yet, will see if I can load my Bluebird with them.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
Got my two $25 gift cards from the last promotion.
Yeah I noticed the same thing. Called the 866 number, no option for PIN setting there. Don't need the complications at WM or TGT, so I just used them for spend.

Well actually I used them on split-tender purchases of OV VGC at my favorite 3-letter drugstore. I like mixing up my purchases either use small random GC's in addition to main card, or buying pharmacy items. At least it doesn't paint MS in big letter across my statements like a series of $504.95 purchases.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
Well actually I used them on split-tender purchases of OV VGC at my favorite 3-letter drugstore.
Why would you do that? It doesn't earn any points, and the OV itself cost money. Are you just doing that for the purpose of obfuscation?

Btw, I also got my GC from the promotion. That is the FASTEST rebate ever. Kinda makes me want get a couple more.

So far I know that the Flower, Ball, and Carbon Fiber gives gas points. Any other ones? I am going to keep rotating between all of them until in case one of them does 2x gas points again.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Why would you do that? It doesn't earn any points, and the OV itself cost money. Are you just doing that for the purpose of obfuscation?
It's an easy way to dispose of these small GC if I don't have an immediate real-life spend need for them. Right now a lot of my daily spend is tied up in categories where I get say 5x on gas and I wouldn't want to use a GC. It's easy, and yes it perhaps obfuscates the MS picture which may or may not matter.

Feeding small cards to either Kate, or the staff at a TGT GS desk is undesirably tedious to me. And I can't think of many other uses for setting a PIN on these. If you want to buy groceries with them, run them as CC. When I go to dump into RB/BB, I'd rather do it with large-denomination VGC and limit my time spent and thus visibility.

Last edited by ElPresidente; Sep 29, 2015 at 3:05 pm
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:20 pm

Just came back from Safeway here in Sacramento, CA area. Carbon fiber GC no longer gives gas points.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:07 am

Just came back from Safeway here in Sacramento, CA area. Carbon fiber GC no longer gives gas points.
Same in DFW.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:49 pm

Baseball/football card still giving points as of yesterday in Austin.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:41 pm

The pink flower one is still giving gas points as of today.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:06 pm

Hi,

are the registers hardcoded to prevent the use of prepaid debit cards in purchasing money orders? Specifically, I need to liquidate a few of the vanilla variety
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by medellinfein
Hi,

are the registers hardcoded to prevent the use of prepaid debit cards in purchasing money orders? Specifically, I need to liquidate a few of the vanilla variety
I've never had luck getting a MO at Safeway.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:32 pm

No gas points in Phoenix either on the carbon fiber.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:35 pm

Can you buy the Pink flower/Baseball-Football card ones in $500 increments? Anyone have a picture of either one of these??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.