Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 8:58 pm

Instant $15 off $150+ AGC

Current Just 4 U coupon:
American Express Gift Card, Save $15 Instantly when you purchase $150 or more in American Express Gift Cards. Expires 5/19/2015
Old May 7, 2015, 9:09 pm

must be regional, i dont see it in the orange county ad.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
See it in the Safeway app, have to look under Just for You, not weekly ads.

Save $15 instantly when purchasing $150 or more AGC. Offer type one-time only, expires 5/19/2015.

If you already shop at Safeway, it's a decent deal. Since it has to be associated with your Safeway card, if you want to do it more than once you'll need a new Safeway Loyalty cards and you'll have to go to the trouble of associating the coupon with each. I have a couple extra for these occasions.

Thanks!
Old May 9, 2015, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Safeway/VONS - coupons w/ purchase of Gift Cards [Recurring]

What is the activation fee for Amex? Is it per card, ie $100 + $50 cards or can you put $150 on a single card?
Old May 9, 2015, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
What is the activation fee for Amex? Is it per card, ie $100 + $50 cards or can you put $150 on a single card?
My Safeway had the Amex variable cards, so I bought one of those with $150 on it. Worked fine. Cheaper than $100 + $50 cards.
Old May 10, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
I bought a variable today, and while the transaction went through, the card did not activate. It took about 20 minutes to eventually sort it out and get refunded. They said that they were supposed to have pulled all Amex cards yesterday since Amex would no longer activate with them, but they hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Mind you, this may be because my Vons is turning into a Haggins in one week. Perhaps this is not the case for Vons/Safeways that are not converting.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
I loaded $150 onto a variable AMEX gift card Saturday night at Safeway in Phoenix. It worked perfectly; register rang up $140.95 paid with a Barclay Sallie May 5% card. Profit >$16.

Unfortunately it's one to a customer.

Last edited by bobunf; May 11, 2015 at 12:18 am
Old May 10, 2015, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by ToneDaBass
I bought a variable today, and while the transaction went through, the card did not activate. It took about 20 minutes to eventually sort it out and get refunded. They said that they were supposed to have pulled all Amex cards yesterday since Amex would no longer activate with them, but they hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Mind you, this may be because my Vons is turning into a Haggins in one week. Perhaps this is not the case for Vons/Safeways that are not converting.
I bought one at Randalls and when I went to use it, the transaction was declined. CS was closed so the cashier said to come back the next day for a refund but it worked later that night at WM.
Old May 10, 2015, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by bobunf
...Safeway ... paid with a Chase Freedom 5% card"
Freedom isn't 5% for groceries this quarter.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
Originally Posted by sbft77
Freedom isn't 5% for groceries this quarter.
Sorry. Barclay's Sallie Mae, which is 5% up to $250 on groceries every month.
Old May 10, 2015, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Safeway/VONS - coupons w/ purchase of Gift Cards [Recurring]

Just checked today, the activation fee is $5.95 on the variable card, so your profit is a whopping $9 plus any miles or cashback. That will buy lunch, but it's a one shot deal...
Old May 11, 2015, 1:35 am

Just checked today, the activation fee is $5.95 on the variable card, so your profit is a whopping $9 plus any miles or cashback. That will buy lunch, but it's a one shot deal...
One shot? I have 3 Safeway cards immediately to hand. Plus there's the points themselves, say 3x500x5=7,500 points depending on program and needs can be a handy boost. Since I already shop at Safeway it's like asking would I stick my hand in the FREE MONEY basket near the door, hells yes!
Old May 11, 2015, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
One shot? I have 3 Safeway cards immediately to hand. Plus there's the points themselves, say 3x500x5=7,500 points depending on program and needs can be a handy boost. Since I already shop at Safeway it's like asking would I stick my hand in the FREE MONEY basket near the door, hells yes!
Two questions.

Are you creating multiple accounts in your name with varying innacurate information (to differentiate the accounts) or are you using family members cards? I ask because it'll show on the screen who you are lol. So if you're buying in three straight transactions they'll know you're not Bob, Billy and Betty.

How did your transaction go down when using 3 different Safeway cards?

TIA.
Old May 11, 2015, 8:19 am

I rarely turn down a free lunch.
Old May 11, 2015, 12:18 pm

there is no such thing as a free lunch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.