Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
No, but your club card is linked to your club card, and they can require that.
I suspect that this is how they're going to limit it to one.
Originally Posted by aegt123
I didn't punch in my Vons clubcard phone# and it still printed it, so 1 per household is not being enforced.
Originally Posted by ricerony
didn't punch a ph# here either and it printed just fine
And despite not one but tow day old posts showing otherwise, 10 minutes ago sechs still found it necessary to add to the WIKI that Club Card is required.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
And despite not one but tow day old posts showing otherwise, 10 minutes ago sechs still found it necessary to add to the WIKI that Club Card is required.
Since you were too lazy to fix the mistake, I did it for you.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:14 pm

Are you guys saying you have to buy 2 variables in one transaction for the coupon to print?

That is bizarre. And a first.

(I'm following this thread peripherally and don't always read far enough back.)
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sybloc
Are you guys saying you have to buy 2 variables in one transaction for the coupon to print?

That is bizarre. And a first.

(I'm following this thread peripherally and don't always read far enough back.)

Yes you must buy 2 variable visa or MasterCard in 1 transaction.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:19 pm

Datapoint, I just brought 4gcs in one txn, 2 15$ off coupons printed.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by slack455
In my experience the coupons hardly ever work and you are subjected to the arbitrary rules of your cashier.
Originally Posted by sybloc
Can anyone corroborate?

Follow the spending rules to a T and still need manual intervention every time. Every time.
For the first time ever a Vons catalina coupon worked without a manual intervention and I have been doing Von's coupon for a long time now. I bought tums, yogurt and energy bars.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:05 pm

All of the Safeway stores near me are cash only for variable load GCs now. I drove a ways outside the city and went to one that allowed it. The coupon didn't print and the cashier didn't know what to do. The manager told him to give me cash. Walked out with $1k in VGCs and $15 cash
Old Sep 13, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by tech2011
Thanks for posting this. ^
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by tech2011
Unfortunately, just got back and my datapoint is that I did 4 (of the GoWallet Visa's @ $500 each) at one time and only got 1. I watched the cashier closely and she pulled off all the coupons, so it only printed the 1 in my case. This was at a TT in TX as info.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Unfortunately, just got back and my datapoint is that I did 4 (of the GoWallet Visa's @ $500 each) at one time and only got 1. I watched the cashier closely and she pulled off all the coupons, so it only printed the 1 in my case. This was at a TT in TX as info.
Yes you should only get 1 coupon per transaction. It is not the dollar amount that they are using to track this. I am not sure why you are surprised by this.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Yes you should only get 1 coupon per transaction. It is not the dollar amount that they are using to track this. I am not sure why you are surprised by this.
Because four posts up above his someone reported that they received two coupons with the purchase of four variables.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:46 pm

I got 2 coupons. It is in sf bay cal safway store. I purchased more than >4 GC in the txn. It prints 1 immediately after entering clubcard and another after payments. I will pm if want exact amount.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by slack455
Because four posts up above his someone reported that they received two coupons with the purchase of four variables.
LOL, it wasn't even just 4 posts above mine it was even EMBEDDED in my response! Is it too much for people to even read the post around here (I've given up on expecting them to read the wiki)?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:51 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
I did not use club card and bought 4 and got only one coupon in TX. Bought visa and mastercard variable load cards. Doesn't work on PayPower either (bought in separate transaction also without clubcard).
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:38 am

IMHO -- Getting the coupon is very easy, redeeming it is much more of a hassle, since it always requires manual override. It's YMMV on how quickly checker understands (even when I suggest) what needs to be done, how quickly the override card is located, etc.

It's also YMMV on whether restricted items, e.g., other gift cards, are allowed. But it's totally human dependent, there's no system lockout for those items.

Edit 9/15/2014: Yesterday, I purchased a basket of groceries only, and the coupon worked when scanned, with no override needed. This was in Northern Virginia.

Last edited by tuphat; Sep 15, 2014 at 5:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.