Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:44 am

Do people go to cashier or to CS to purchase variables? I usually go to CS but noticed that the CS register does not have a coupon printing machine. So went to a regular cashier which caused a bit of a holdup when the manager had to be called over to override.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
My Safeway I *always* go to Customer Service desk. I've had too many problems with coupons not printing at registers. I did exactly that for latest promotion, picking up 2 $500 VGC for the $15 coupon. The guy at CS knew about it, but mentioned there'd been some problems with printing them. So he ran the transaction and sure enough, no coupon. He ran and fetched a Safeway GC and loaded $15 on it. That's the way to do it IMO rather than holding up a register.

I immediately spent the $15 Safeway GC on a grocery shop.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
My Safeway I *always* go to Customer Service desk. I've had too many problems with coupons not printing at registers. I did exactly that for latest promotion, picking up 2 $500 VGC for the $15 coupon. The guy at CS knew about it, but mentioned there'd been some problems with printing them. So he ran the transaction and sure enough, no coupon. He ran and fetched a Safeway GC and loaded $15 on it. That's the way to do it IMO rather than holding up a register.

I immediately spent the $15 Safeway GC on a grocery shop.
Damn I wish my Vons/Safeway did this. I would much rather have a Safeway/Vons GC that isn't subject to the $25 min than the coupon.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Damn I wish my Vons/Safeway did this. I would much rather have a Safeway/Vons GC that isn't subject to the $25 min than the coupon.
It's even better when they give cash.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:09 pm

It appears that the true $10 off $10 is never coming back? Well, still better than $10/$25 though.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:28 pm

aside from the coupons, I've been getting more and more cashiers at Vons telling me they only take cash for gift cards now. It depends on the store. I have no problem with most cashiers, however a couple nights ago, I went to Vons to buy a $500 VGC, some wine, chocolate. Cashier literally told me with a very irritated look "don't you know it is ILLEGAL to buy a credit card with a credit card". I said sorry but you are wrong and secondly it's a gift card. I said fine though, forget it if you don't want to do it. Thought to myself, no need to cause a fuss when another cashier later will do it happily. However, she called the manager over to approve it, shockingly, and he didn't even bat an eye. No problem for him, just checked my ID. The cashier looked really unhappy.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Buy two variable Visa or MC, get $15 Safeway/Vons coupon

Not very familiar with this forum, but this might be helpful to some. Buy two variable Visas or MC's at Safeway/Vons, get a $15 coupon. Use club card, good till 7 Oct.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 9:09 am

Repost, and there is a $25 minimum.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by ChurnChop
aside from the coupons, I've been getting more and more cashiers at Vons telling me they only take cash for gift cards now. It depends on the store. I have no problem with most cashiers, however a couple nights ago, I went to Vons to buy a $500 VGC, some wine, chocolate. Cashier literally told me with a very irritated look "don't you know it is ILLEGAL to buy a credit card with a credit card". I said sorry but you are wrong and secondly it's a gift card. I said fine though, forget it if you don't want to do it. Thought to myself, no need to cause a fuss when another cashier later will do it happily. However, she called the manager over to approve it, shockingly, and he didn't even bat an eye. No problem for him, just checked my ID. The cashier looked really unhappy.
I hate it when cashiers refer to the VGCs as credit cards. VGCs are DEBIT cards.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:43 pm

Can I use the $15 off $25 on my next purchase of GCs? Since the gcs are $5.95 each. Can I buy 2 gcs, and $3 worth of stuff?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo
Can I use the $15 off $25 on my next purchase of GCs? Since the gcs are $5.95 each. Can I buy 2 gcs, and $3 worth of stuff?
Your statement makes no sense. The answer is no. But if you can get a manager to override the coupon and type it in manually then yes.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:05 pm

My local Safeway has taken down the promotional sign on the gift card display, so I didn't want to risk a purchase today ..... since gift card purchases are difficult to undo. Did I read somewhere that some stores were ending this promotion on Sept. 19?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
My local Safeway has taken down the promotional sign on the gift card display, so I didn't want to risk a purchase today ..... since gift card purchases are difficult to undo. Did I read somewhere that some stores were ending this promotion on Sept. 19?
Did 2 transactions yesterday... still works. Would try later tonight and report back.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Your statement makes no sense. The answer is no. But if you can get a manager to override the coupon and type it in manually then yes.
Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Originally Posted by coolblues
Did 2 transactions yesterday... still works. Would try later tonight and report back.
On the printout I got, it says the promotion runs from 9/10 to 10/7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.