Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo
Can I use the $15 off $25 on my next purchase of GCs? Since the gcs are $5.95 each. Can I buy 2 gcs, and $3 worth of stuff?
per the T&C: yes. gift cards are not listed as excluded.

in reality: yes and no. if you want to make a stink, you can show the mgr the T&C and you're right. further, the T&C and marketing only say $15 off next purchase- them adding 15 off 25 is blatant false advertising. but here's the problem...

yeah, you could fight all this and, me personally, i know i'd 'win'. but, in doing so, i'd lose by drawing more attention to myself and by making it a 1 time thing. i can't buy more cards and claim the same issues- once i know the terms they're applying, right or wrong, i can no longer say i didn't know prior to purchase.

i still may press it at the one store that is the worst MS black hole near me (no credit card for any gift cards as per store director), as the false advertising bothers me. attention there can't hurt me. anyplace where i can actually buy the cards though, it's counter productive, so i don't rock the boat at those stores- ever.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
i still may press it at the one store that is the worst MS black hole near me (no credit card for any gift cards as per store director), as the false advertising bothers me. attention there can't hurt me.
Oh yes it can. Staff at different stores can and do communicate with each other.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
the T&C and marketing only say $15 off next purchase- them adding 15 off 25 is blatant false advertising.
Don't understand. All of the coupons and ads that I've seen say in the fine print that a minimum purchase of $25 is required.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Can I use the $15 off $25 on my next purchase of GCs? Since the gcs are $5.95 each. Can I buy 2 gcs, and $3 worth of stuff?
Anyone buying the 2 GCs, spending the additional 13.10 and using the 15/25on the same transaction?

I'm guessing that'll work just fine. But will the next catalina coupon print? Seems as though I remember the catalina not printing when one of the promo coupons was used in the transaction.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:42 am

I did this yesterday at my local Randall's at customer service desk. Coupon didn't print so they gave me a $15 store card. The good news is this store used to be cash only but just changed. The better news unlike their competitor, they didn't record my DL. The best news would be if they relaxed the RL's being cash only. For me 2 out of 3 is fine. Looks like they will be getting more of my discretionary spending.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by BigDawgFT
Don't understand. All of the coupons and ads that I've seen say in the fine print that a minimum purchase of $25 is required.
In Phoenix, the minimum isn't disclosed in the ad, nor in the advertisement on the gift card display. I do agree it's misleading if the ad doesn't state a minimum and then the coupon imposes one.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Tried to use coupon when buying 2 GCs. Wouldn't work. Also, tried when adding 13.10+ to the purchase (making more than 25.00 incl. the GC fees of 11.90). This also failed. Looks like one has to spend 25.00 in groceries to get the discount.

The catalina did print another coupon even though I was also using one on that transaction. Been some question in the past so that's why I include that data point here.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:16 pm

Yeap groceries only .... scans automatically as long as you have more than $25 worth in your cart.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
Originally Posted by us1549
In Phoenix, the minimum isn't disclosed in the ad, nor in the advertisement on the gift card display. I do agree it's misleading if the ad doesn't state a minimum and then the coupon imposes one.
In Dallas last weekend, went to Tom Thumb store manager as the T & C clearly did NOT mention a $25 minimum spend. He was very gracious and apologetic as the Catalina clearly stipulated the $25 min. He agreed to waive the minimum and let me use the three earned coupons as individual $15 off coupons, no minimum spend. So it is obviously YMMV.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:08 pm

I bought 2 vgc again yesterday, but the coupon didn't print out. It printed out the day before.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:53 pm

I bought 2 vgc again yesterday, but the coupon didn't print out. It printed out the day before.
It says one per household. Get another reward card.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by givingitatry
It says one per household. Get another reward card.
Umm.. I have been using the same account for past few days... Scored close to 10 coupons.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by coolblues
Umm.. I have been using the same account for past few days... Scored close to 10 coupons.
Good for you.
He didn't get a coupon so I suggested he get another reward card.

It still doesn't hurt to have more than one reward card especially since there is no real verification involved. Especially at their main competitor that randomly asks for them when purchasing money orders.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 4:25 pm

Hello, Im new too the forum. I have been lurking for awile. Anyways I have a noob question. I went to my local Vons today and bought a $50 visa GC with my Amex PRG. I then tried to use it to by a Postal Money order for $150, $50 from the card and $100 CASH. Needed t get one anyways, so wanted to test it out. So it was declined. I called and they said you cant use it to buy money orders. This card is by Metabank, but its not the vanilla visa gift card. So can I load a BB with this? What about like a 7-11?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:02 pm

First of all, welcome to Flyertalk!

Yes, you can load your Bluebird with the Metabank Visa gift card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.