Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LiarsDice
Two questions.

Are you creating multiple accounts in your name with varying innacurate information (to differentiate the accounts) or are you using family members cards? I ask because it'll show on the screen who you are lol. So if you're buying in three straight transactions they'll know you're not Bob, Billy and Betty.

How did your transaction go down when using 3 different Safeway cards?

TIA.
1. I have 2 cards personally. Card #1 my first and last name. Card#2 my middle and last name. Plenty of people "go by" their middle name, my Dad does! Card #3 is spouses. I've never had a problem using her card. If it ever came up I'd say oh yeah it's the wife's look the address is the same as on my DL.

2. Just had to log into each card account and add the coupon. Can do this either from PC or from Safeway app.

Not doing 3 transactions at one register. I bought them across 3 visits to 2 Safeways. There's one near my house and another on the way to work. For sub-$500 go to registers it's easy. For $500 cards I go to Customer Service since it's going to need manager override which can slow down a lane, and I don't like the people around me in line knowing I'm about to walk out with that much "cash".

Last edited by ElPresidente; May 11, 2015 at 2:46 pm
Old May 21, 2015, 11:54 pm

Today at Vons, the register printed an ad for "Save $15 off your next shopping trip when you purchase (2) $100 MasterCard Gift Cards", 5/20/15 - 6/02/15 at participating Safeway, Inc. Company stores.

"$15 Coupon expires 2 weeks of date of issuance. Purchase must be made in a single transaction. No Rain Checks. Limit one per transaction. Excludes Variable gift card. ... Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards. ... MasterCard Gift Card is issued by U.S. Bank".

I haven't tried it yet. If it really requires 2 $100 fixed cards, it's not an amazing deal, but still gives a few bucks more than the fees.
Old May 22, 2015, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by sbft77
Today at Vons, the register printed an ad for "Save $15 off your next shopping trip when you purchase (2) $100 MasterCard Gift Cards", 5/20/15 - 6/02/15 at participating Safeway, Inc. Company stores.

"$15 Coupon expires 2 weeks of date of issuance. Purchase must be made in a single transaction. No Rain Checks. Limit one per transaction. Excludes Variable gift card. ... Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards. ... MasterCard Gift Card is issued by U.S. Bank".

I haven't tried it yet. If it really requires 2 $100 fixed cards, it's not an amazing deal, but still gives a few bucks more than the fees.
Did it state a minimum purchase requirement for the $15?
Old May 22, 2015, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
Did it state a minimum purchase requirement for the $15?
The ad didn't mention a minimum. But possibly the $15 coupon itself will say there's a minimum. (I think that's happened in the past, where the coupon had a stricter requirement than the ad said.)
Old May 22, 2015, 5:21 pm

so all you make is 3 bucks cuz the cards cost 6 each
how is this a deal?
Old May 22, 2015, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by kaiotes
how is this a deal?
I'm not going to participate in this deal, but I can see how it might be useful.

Purchase 2 $100 VGC for $4.95 fee each. That's $10. If you have a 5% cash back card, you get your money back. The $15 coupon is basically to cover your trouble, gas, and to compensate you for your liquidation techniques.
Old May 22, 2015, 6:51 pm

Safeway/VONS - coupons w/ purchase of Gift Cards [Recurring]

Saw this today at my safeway. I shop there anyway so it is useful to me. Variables are excluded, I think it has to be 2 $100 mastercard gift cards. The fee is $11.90 for the pair ($5.95 each). The coupon that printed is $15 off $15 or more and expires 6/5 (two weeks from purchase).
Old May 22, 2015, 6:54 pm

$5.95 for a $100 VGC? I thought the $100 ones were $4.95...?
Old May 22, 2015, 6:58 pm

Safeway/VONS - coupons w/ purchase of Gift Cards [Recurring]

The visa might be $4.95 but this deal is for the mastercard and it is $5.95, at least the ones at my store are.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by gregoryfo
Saw this today at my safeway. I shop there anyway so it is useful to me. Variables are excluded, I think it has to be 2 $100 mastercard gift cards. The fee is $11.90 for the pair ($5.95 each). The coupon that printed is $15 off $15 or more and expires 6/5 (two weeks from purchase).
Local safeway just put up signage on the GC rack about this today. Picked up 2x$100, and the Catalina coupon printed. $15 off on next purchase of $15 or more. Which is nice, I hate the other kind where I might have to pull up my calculator while shopping so I hit $50. I'm going to get a couple more of these, and see if they can be stacked on a purchase.

Last edited by ElPresidente; May 23, 2015 at 11:09 am
Old May 22, 2015, 10:29 pm

Really??

Originally Posted by kaiotes
how is this a deal?
Because you're getting free miles and free groceries....
Old May 24, 2015, 9:44 pm

The $15 coupon didn't apply automatically for me; it only subtracted $0.01 or $0. The cashier manually entered $15 off and got manager override.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:16 pm

Same happened to me, needed the manager to manually apply the $15. Has anyone tried to do this more than once on their card? It was worked multiple times during prior promotions.

Originally Posted by sbft77
The $15 coupon didn't apply automatically for me; it only subtracted $0.01 or $0. The cashier manually entered $15 off and got manager override.
Old May 25, 2015, 8:58 pm

Same happened to me, needed the manager to manually apply the $15. Has anyone tried to do this more than once on their card? It was worked multiple times during prior promotions.
It's supposed to be once per household, so of course they would check if this promotion has already been used on your card. Hence I have multiple Safeway cards. Why invoke manager overrides and attention?
Old May 25, 2015, 10:04 pm

I was able to use my Safeway card to get the same promotion twice. There is no restriction per household. It only states to restrict the coupon to once per transaction.

Safeway registers always have issues with these coupons (At least for me), taking off only one cent instead of $15.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.