Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowlamp
First-time poster, here.

I've been buying the variable-load VGCs from Safeway in Portland, OR. I haven't had any major issues so far.

However, yesterday, when I bought one $500 VGC, the cashier asked for my ID and called a manager over. He didn't seem like he wanted to engage with me at all, so I didn't get an explanation.

Anyone know what this could be about?
Typical, some cashiers get weirded out selling $500 GC with a credit card. It happens, just take note and avoid said cashier.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by slack455
Typical, some cashiers get weirded out selling $500 GC with a credit card. It happens, just take note and avoid said cashier.
Gotcha, thanks
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by Yellowlamp
First-time poster, here.

I've been buying the variable-load VGCs from Safeway in Portland, OR. I haven't had any major issues so far.

However, yesterday, when I bought one $500 VGC, the cashier asked for my ID and called a manager over. He didn't seem like he wanted to engage with me at all, so I didn't get an explanation.

Anyone know what this could be about?
I suspect that he was new.

Not only do new cashiers tend to be a bit more anal about the rules, but they sometimes have lower drawer limits, requiring purchases of more than a couple hundred dollars be approved by a supervisor.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: Diners Club
anecdote:

Went to buy variable VGC at Safeway. It didn't activate. Went to CS desk he said there has been issues with variables loading (black VISA 20-500 ones). He pulled them all off the shelf and found one that didn't look like the others. That one activated. He kept the rest of them since he didn't want it happening to anyone else.

He said it was a 3rd party distributor who puts those in the store, and wondered if they are being discontinued since they usually have tons of them and only have a few left.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by notalent
anecdote:

Went to buy variable VGC at Safeway. It didn't activate. Went to CS desk he said there has been issues with variables loading (black VISA 20-500 ones). He pulled them all off the shelf and found one that didn't look like the others. That one activated. He kept the rest of them since he didn't want it happening to anyone else.

He said it was a 3rd party distributor who puts those in the store, and wondered if they are being discontinued since they usually have tons of them and only have a few left.

Anyone else seeing this?
yep, last month one of my black variable wasn't activated although its system still took the pymt; showed 'unable to process' instead of 'approved'on the receipt; had to come back to the store to get another card; it was activated correctly alright, but turned out to be worse as all $500 was fraudulently drained at walmart 1 day after its activation; had to file a dispute with blackhawk network (bhn) and Cfpb hoping that i will soon receive a refund or another card that is not compromised. anyone had recent experience & know what step(s) to do to soon resolve the fraud issue? bought many GCs in the past, and this variable VGCs at Randall's was the 1st that was fraud

Last edited by danhouston; Jul 10, 2017 at 11:18 am
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
yep, last month one of my black variable wasn't activated although its system still took the pymt; showed 'unable to process' instead of 'approved'on the receipt; had to come back to the store to get another card; it was activated correctly alright, but turned out to be worse as all $500 was fraudulently drained at walmart 1 day after its activation; had to file a dispute with blackhawk network (bhn) and Cfpb hoping that i will soon receive a refund or another card that is not compromised. anyone had recent experience & know what step(s) to do to soon resolve the fraud issue? bought many GCs in the past, and this variable VGCs at Randall's was the 1st that was fraud
im still waiting for my $500 from Blackhawk after starting their dispute process, it's probably been about weeks. I guess I should start a CFPB complaint as well.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
yep, last month one of my black variable wasn't activated although its system still took the pymt; showed 'unable to process' instead of 'approved'on the receipt; had to come back to the store to get another card; it was activated correctly this time alright, but turned out to be worse as all $500 was fraudulently drained at walmart 1 day after its activation; had to file a dispute with blackhawk network (bhn) and Cfpb hoping that i will soon receive a refund or another card that is not compromised. anyone had recent experience & know what step(s) to do to soon resolve the fraud issue? bought many GCs in the past, and this variable VGCs at Randall's was the 1st that was fraud
received a replacement vgc; successfully activated & liquidated. positively surprised that it took only about 2 wks
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:48 pm

im still waiting for my $500 from Blackhawk after starting their dispute process, it's probably been about weeks. I guess I should start a CFPB complaint as well.
Well, I filed a CFPB complaint the day of that comment 7/11 and received a letter in the mail like 3 days later that my new VGC was loaded with $500 to replace the fraudulent charge. I'd like to think the CFPB complaint spurred them to action, but I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence. All in all it took me roughly 10 weeks to get my money back.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:54 am

Well, I filed a CFPB complaint the day of that comment 7/11 and received a letter in the mail like 3 days later that my new VGC was loaded with $500 to replace the fraudulent charge. I'd like to think the CFPB complaint spurred them to action, but I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence. All in all it took me roughly 10 weeks to get my money back.
previous DPs indicated that filing with Cfpb got a resolution quicker; that's why i submitted it to both at the same time
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:12 am

Deal back thru Sept 2

Deal is back. buy $150 of either VGC or MC and receive $10 off.

Limit 1. Must add to J4U.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical

Does anybody know if it works on $500 variables and also if there are any VGC / MGC (fixed or variable) that are giving fuel points as well.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by svasandani
Does anybody know if it works on $500 variables and also if there are any VGC / MGC (fixed or variable) that are giving fuel points as well.
variables are not explicitly excluded, they should work. No fuel points on variables, look back regarding fixed Mcgc.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by svasandani
It worked this afternoon when I purchased a $500 variable on each of my household's three J4U accounts. Each $500 card rang up at $495. No fuel points, however.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical

And much thanks for that tip!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:42 am

My J4U added coupon has disappeared. I thought I have until 9/2 to use it. Does anyone else having the same problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.