Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by lobo411
The 5back promo has reappeared in my j4u. I wonder if I can double dip...
I was wondering the the same thing....it magically reappeared, as if I had never used it.

But it is getting much more difficult to find a clerk who will accept a credit card. It isn't a system problem, it is a clerk issue. Even in the same store, clerks vary.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:59 am

Which category are you seeing the 5back card in? All I have under GCs is D&B and Spafinder.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: UA gold
Originally Posted by Superorb
Which category are you seeing the 5back card in? All I have under GCs is D&B and Spafinder.
It's expired.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by ezakipocky
It's expired.
That explains it. Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:14 pm

The 5 back discount appears on my card, but nothing showed up at the register. The clerk was skeptical, but eventually gave me a $10 adjustment. Big hassle, not worth it. Obviously a computer glitch that made the discount reappear even though I had already used it.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:38 pm

I had this on my Just 4U account for a while. On there it listed 9/30 as the expiration date. But, yesterday at the Safeway, they still had the signs posted but with an expiration date of 9/23. So, I didn't attempt to buy it.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by daedge
I had this on my Just 4U account for a while. On there it listed 9/30 as the expiration date. But, yesterday at the Safeway, they still had the signs posted but with an expiration date of 9/23. So, I didn't attempt to buy it.
as my acct has 9/30 exp date, $10 discount still worked for me earlier today
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:15 pm

No double dip, but I got 400 more gas rewards points for a 5b vgc
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:01 pm

bought over 50 of these. Liquidating them is annoying as hell 4 swipes only $800.. I'm done with this for now and future.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Bought a $25 gift card via Safeway Self Checkout and had to sign for the transaction (paid by Credit).

Typically you would not have to sign unless over $50. After I signed the receipt simply printed up (no signature check or anything took place). I am not sure I see the point.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
crappy? without promo offer, what grocery stores will award 2x?
feel sorry? isn't something better than nothing? if u don't care for it, remember don't use the acct when pumping gas
Kroger banner stores always award 2x fuel points for gift cards and have 4x fuel points with digital coupon a lot more frequently than Safeway does... also Kroger gas stations do not charge you a 10 cent surcharge to pay for gas with a credit card like Safeway does. Though, all you have to do to get around the 10 cent credit card surcharge at Safeway gas stations, is buy a Safeway gift card (with a credit card) then use that for the gas purchase... not too hard?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by misenlai
bought over 50 of these. Liquidating them is annoying as hell 4 swipes only $800.. I'm done with this for now and future.
50...lol, no wonder folks who do what u did cleared out all the 5b in my area since last week; guess i snooze & lose
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Safeway gas

Safeway changed their pricing away from the two tiered prices to just one price no matter what you pay with. The one nearest me has competitive prices and good quality gas.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
Safeway changed their pricing away from the two tiered prices to just one price no matter what you pay with. The one nearest me has competitive prices and good quality gas.
Not in Northern California, Oregon, or Washington. They are still cash price/credit price (+.10/gallon). But it isn't a big deal to go buy a Safeway gift card from the fuel cashier with a credit card first then use that to fill up. Seems like a hassle, and I assume that gift card costs them a few cents to produce, plus the labor of the cashier to sell the gift card to me (whereas if I could just use the credit card for the lowest price at the pump I wouldn't waste any of their employee's time). But that is how it goes at Safeway; they are just a hassle to deal with in general.

Also in Denver they did that a while ago where they went to "same price cash or credit" then they went back on it quietly and sneakily to having the .10 credit surcharge again... not sure how that panned out over time.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:00 am

Just wonder if Safeway GC could be used to buy 3rd party GC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.