Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 8:36 pm

Requiring debit

So new to churning, have had success at Kroger. Saw this great deal with Safeway and decided to give it a shot.

I have tried to purchase VGC at a Albertsons and Tom Thumb and first thing cashier asks me if I am paying with Debit. Of course from what I have read it's best to be honest and keep low profile. I tell them credit and they turn me away from being able to purchase. Is my best bet the self check out? I have never purchased VGC via self check out but I assume just scan the card and the promps will lead me the rest of the way
Old May 23, 2017, 9:20 pm

deleted

Last edited by pchong8; May 24, 2017 at 12:51 pm
Old May 23, 2017, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by pchong8
Was turned away from both Vons & Pavilions in SoCal
The cashiers will turn you away if they notice

Last edited by slack455; May 24, 2017 at 1:14 pm
Old May 24, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by slack455
The cashiers will turn you away if they notice, it is against their policy. You should also delete this post, I don't want you to ruin a good thing, loose lips sink ships.
Any idea if self checkout works?
Old May 24, 2017, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by pchong8
Any idea if self checkout works?
Yes it will, GC purchases at self check for me require a cashier override when scanning the GC.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:54 pm

I don't have this $10 off $100+ VGC under J4U (the one that expires in June).. Is that a targeted offer? Does it work without the J4U coupon loaded?
Old May 25, 2017, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by halluc1nati0n
I don't have this $10 off $100+ VGC under J4U (the one that expires in June).. Is that a targeted offer? Does it work without the J4U coupon loaded?
You must load the coupon to your J4U account. In my household, all three accounts had the promotion.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:09 am

Has anyone else had trouble using prepaidgiftbalance.com?
I need to register the cards I got from safeway, the $100 Mastercards from last week. But when I use the site, it says the following error:
"We are unable to process this request. Please call the phone number on the back of your card for additional assistance. "
Calling gives me the correct balance, so cards are fine, but it seems like the online site is messed up?
This is with the new ones, green card for $50 and red card for $100. The old ones register just fine online.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by AJDem
I need to register the cards I got from safeway, the $100 Mastercards from last week. But when I use the site, it says the following error:
"We are unable to process this request. Please call the phone number on the back of your card for additional assistance. "
Calling gives me the correct balance, so cards are fine, but it seems like the online site is messed up?
This is with the new ones, green card for $50 and red card for $100. The old ones register just fine online.
I started having that issue with some cards. It's possible that it was a site/cookie issue, try using an incognito window.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by AJDem
Unfortunately i believe they block by IP after certain number of cards and do not unblock for some time. I ad to use different IP to register my cards after that.
Old May 30, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by mf99
Unfortunately i believe they block by IP after certain number of cards and do not unblock for some time. I ad to use different IP to register my cards after that.
Is this deal over?
Old May 30, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by redarmy
Is this deal over?
By "this deal" I assume you mean the $10 off VGC via J4U.

I bought a VGC today, got $10 off.

It's typical with Safeway though, that the ability to add a particular coupon to your J4U account ends before the promotion does. So you have to add it ASAP.
Old May 30, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
By "this deal" I assume you mean the $10 off VGC via J4U.

I bought a VGC today, got $10 off.

It's typical with Safeway though, that the ability to add a particular coupon to your J4U account ends before the promotion does. So you have to add it ASAP.
Yes, that's what I meant. I tried to add VGC promotion coupon via J4U but couldn't find it anymore.
Old May 31, 2017, 7:00 am

New J4U offer through 6/20: $10 off $100 Amex GC.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:14 pm

Thanks...Got one $500 VGC w/ $10 off, and one $100 AGC w/ $10 off.

Unfortunately, the magstripe on the VGC didn't work when I tried it at the WM Money Center, at a WM self-checkout line, or at a soda vending machine, so I had to call to get a replacement. The package doesn't look tampered and the full load was still there, but who knows these days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.