Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 11:59 am

There were $200 MGC, but now I only see max $100 MGC. Based on wording, all fixed should work. These cards do not work at my local USPS today. This is new to me.
Originally Posted by kajukenbo
I believe Safeway sells $200 MGC, but sounds like only the $50 MGC works.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
How do you set the pin on these cards? Is it the last 4 digits? Whatever you use first?
Old May 5, 2017, 4:35 pm

Denied at Safeway Annapolis

Just tried to pick up some VGCs at Safeway in Annapolis, cashier made a mistake ringing up and needed a supervisor to clear the transaction and supervisor said no CC to purchase GCs. Have bought there before. On to the next one for today.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by bobunf
How do you set the pin on these cards? Is it the last 4 digits? Whatever you use first?
It its the same MGC I'm used to, there should be a slip of paper inside the packaging with a 4-digit code.
Old May 5, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
Originally Posted by Flyby01
It its the same MGC I'm used to, there should be a slip of paper inside the packaging with a 4-digit code.
Thanks so much. Got it out of the wastebasket.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:48 pm

My first go on the deal was a compromised card...US Bank MCGC, was planning to hit it hard..

Edit: Was not compromised, it's just the automated pin change # will keep routing me to a CSR, and the website also tells me to contact CSR

Last edited by westsai; May 5, 2017 at 10:41 pm
Old May 6, 2017, 9:18 am

Anyone try in the SoCal area? It's not in the ad, and there was no signage in the store, so I decided not to risk it.
Old May 6, 2017, 4:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gettr14
Just tried to pick up some VGCs at Safeway in Annapolis, cashier made a mistake ringing up and needed a supervisor to clear the transaction and supervisor said no CC to purchase GCs. Have bought there before. On to the next one for today.
me too. Guy said only cash payments for variable load gift cards. I've been buying them there for the past week, so I'll try again with another rep next week. Hopefully it doesn't stick because I'm in a small area with not a whole lot of options for buying GC with my CC.
Old May 6, 2017, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
me too. Guy said only cash payments for variable load gift cards. I've been buying them there for the past week, so I'll try again with another rep next week. Hopefully it doesn't stick because I'm in a small area with not a whole lot of options for buying GC with my CC.
- sorry, no CC for GC
- why?
- because of money laundering
- facepalm
Old May 6, 2017, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
If you have a Giant near you, try there. The one by me takes CC and has even go so far as to post little notices in the checkout lanes to inform shoppers that they now accept CC for VGC, AGC, and MCGCs. Anything 500 and up needs supervisor override but you can go up to 2000 per purchase and 5000 per day. Very welcoming to see a common store so blatantly okay with people purchasing GCs on CC.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
@Safeway this evening bought $100 MCGC , got the $10 discount at register same as usual.
Receipt however indicates not getting Gas Rewards.
C'est la vie.

Last edited by ElPresidente; May 6, 2017 at 11:03 pm
Old May 6, 2017, 10:34 pm

Check your Safeway J4U coupons. Mine show 8X gas points for all Kindle gift card purchases through May 16, with no limits on quantity. Since Kindle cards can be used for anything on Amazon.com, this is an easy path to cheap gas all month long.
Old May 6, 2017, 10:58 pm

This is the first time I have noticed that a fixed value Visa or MC GC has not given fuel points. Are other noticing the same?
Old May 6, 2017, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by svasandani
This is the first time I have noticed that a fixed value Visa or MC GC has not given fuel points. Are other noticing the same?
See the post that appears two posts above your post. See also post 1958 and the posts following that.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:01 pm

Signage went up in my local vons today...works in SoCal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.