Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
I checked out my local SW. They didn't have $200 MC's.

I just bought 2 $100 ones just to check it out. I noticed that as soon as the cashier scanned the $100 card, the coupon printed out. So it doesn't even need a SW club number to be entered. I didn't try 2 $100 card in the same transaction (may be it might print 2 coupons). The coupon expires in 2 weeks.

Yes, i agree w/o this working for VMC, it's not such a great deal. Next time I am in SW, I will try a VMC.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:43 pm

In Washington State, I am not seeing this offer in the weekly ad, nor am I seeing any signs in my local store. Anyone else?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
printed fine with $100 MCGC here in nor cal. Now to find a working Kate to load....
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
I had an ad print out of the Catalina machine. Confirms no variables, good 'till 4/22.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AS 75K
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
In Washington State, I am not seeing this offer in the weekly ad, nor am I seeing any signs in my local store. Anyone else?
I can confirm it's available in Spokane Safeway (i.e. the catalina printed).
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:31 pm

anyone try two cards? does it spit out two coupons?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:31 am

Worked at a few Safeways in Northern Virginia
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by ryejay98
Worked at a few Safeways in Northern Virginia
what worked? the question above your post is about 2 cards in a single transaction spitting out 2 coupons from that 1 transaction. this has never been the case and i'd be stunned if it changed- as it would be a big glitch.

can you confirm what you're talking about?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:28 am

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
No sign and no ad in Phoenix. Clerk never heard of it, but it worked fine. Clerk appreciated the info and said she would start buying $100 Mastercard gift cards.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:08 pm

I do not have any new card bonus spend need, and no 5x at grocery. I do have a 2x. But I kind of hate dealing with the $100 cards. I'm thinking I'll just roll them for the $10 coupon (use $100 card to buy another $100 card). I know I can't roll the catalina (get one if I use one), so I'll have to front the activation fee. I will forgo 200 MR points each time I roll a card but I will save myself the hassle of unloading them. I have two teens so I can use as many $10 off coupons as I can get.

Is there an activation lag time? I'd like to roll it several times a trip. Any other issues? Will paying with a MCGC prevent the catalina printing?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Haleyb
I do not have any new card bonus spend need, and no 5x at grocery. I do have a 2x. But I kind of hate dealing with the $100 cards. I'm thinking I'll just roll them for the $10 coupon (use $100 card to buy another $100 card). I know I can't roll the catalina (get one if I use one), so I'll have to front the activation fee. I will forgo 200 MR points each time I roll a card but I will save myself the hassle of unloading them. I have two teens so I can use as many $10 off coupons as I can get.

Is there an activation lag time? I'd like to roll it several times a trip. Any other issues? Will paying with a MCGC prevent the catalina printing?
The coupons expire about 2 weeks after the purchase so make sure you're ready to spend them.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:52 pm

Success today buying a $100 Mastercard and getting $10 off coupon. I tried to use the coupon to buy another Mastercard and it wouldn't work. Manager said Mastercard was cash equivalent so no go.

Has anyone tried buying Visas with this? Mastercards are harder to get a PIN
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA AA MR UR
I tried using the $10.00 coupon to buy milk. Wasn't able to scan and manager said it wasn't valid for dairy product or alcohol.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by kajukenbo
Success today buying a $100 Mastercard and getting $10 off coupon. I tried to use the coupon to buy another Mastercard and it wouldn't work. Manager said Mastercard was cash equivalent so no go.

Has anyone tried buying Visas with this? Mastercards are harder to get a PIN
I went to self checkout and was able to use the coupon to buy another card and some misc items after the attendant did an override. Interestingly, my purchase included a gallon of milk.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:49 pm

I didn't have any luck last time buying 2 at a time - only 1 coupon printed, so I would recommend 1 at a time. To the person trying to roll them - even if you pay with the card to buy the $100 you still have the $5.95 fee, and even if the $10 coupon works for the fee, which I doubt, they aren't going to give you $4 back. kajukenbo - the current promotion is for Mastercard only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.