Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:04 pm

I wouldn't try to use the coupon on the second card, just the $100 gift card. It should print, but it has been awhile since I've paid attention.

You know they used to give you cash back on coupon overage, years ago. And you can still get overage towards other items on coupons (so if they have x as a buy 10 and save deal that brings the cost of x to .88 and you have a .50 off when you buy 1 that doubles, or rather ten of them, you will get the extra $1.20 off your total) this is what couponers call better than free and why I have a lifetime supply of Ivory Bar soap. Yep, I'm old.

Originally Posted by exmike
I went to self checkout and was able to use the coupon to buy another card and some misc items after the attendant did an override. Interestingly, my purchase included a gallon of milk.
Catalina coupons have pretty standard rules and pretty standard work arounds, or used to.

The $ off next purchase has always excluded dairy, sometimes meat or produce, and anything you need an ID to buy. However you can often get a mixed order to work even if you don't have a full $10 in other stuff.

Did another coupon print when you bought a card and used the coupon? Even with an override that would be unusual for a Catalina deal.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by Haleyb
I wouldn't try to use the coupon on the second card, just the $100 gift card. It should print, but it has been awhile since I've paid attention.

You know they used to give you cash back on coupon overage, years ago. And you can still get overage towards other items on coupons (so if they have x as a buy 10 and save deal that brings the cost of x to .88 and you have a .50 off when you buy 1 that doubles, or rather ten of them, you will get the extra $1.20 off your total) this is what couponers call better than free and why I have a lifetime supply of Ivory Bar soap. Yep, I'm old.

Catalina coupons have pretty standard rules and pretty standard work arounds, or used to.

The $ off next purchase has always excluded dairy, sometimes meat or produce, and anything you need an ID to buy. However you can often get a mixed order to work even if you don't have a full $10 in other stuff.

Did another coupon print when you bought a card and used the coupon? Even with an override that would be unusual for a Catalina deal.
Perhaps it was the sequence? The coupon prints the moment I scan the $100 card. Then I scanned the rest of my items. Then i scanned the coupon, which required the attendant to authorize. That was it!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA AA MR UR
Anyone know if you can use multiple $10 coupons in one transaction?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by Dimmysummer
Anyone know if you can use multiple $10 coupons in one transaction?
not here in texas
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:10 pm

End date?

When is the deal good through?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:43 pm

Updated wiki with end date. 4/22.

You can only use one $10 off per purchase. Cashiers are very used to people splitting up transactions, just go when it is not too busy and put a divider up where you want them to split it into the second transaction. Ask if it is ok to do two transactions and try to swipe and complete the transactions quickly. If you have self checkout it is even easier.

This also works for buying more than one $100 gift card. I did three in a row on my way into the store and three in a row on my way out. If I'd have know just how friendly my last cashier was going to be I'd of done more.

You can not use a coupon on a purchase of a gift card, even if you have $10 of other stuff, it will prevent the coupon from printing.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I saw paypal cards being hawked @ $4 off, but that still means $2 to buy a $100 card, not to mention $5/mo maintenance fee.

Honestly don't see the value here but I guess most people don't value their time or just don't spend enough to meet their card requirements. Hopefully all tis manufactured spend won't kill credit card purchase of gift cards for those of us who occasionally buy them for intended purpose as gifts.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
In case any of you guys were doing this, shift supervisor at my local Vons said today that the store manager told her "no more gift cards with gift cards," including prepaids.

I don't know if this is local or not, but it's not coded into the registers. The supervisor said that she was waiting to see the written policy before enforcing.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sechs
In case any of you guys were doing this, shift supervisor at my local Vons said today that the store manager told her "no more gift cards with gift cards," including prepaids.

I don't know if this is local or not, but it's not coded into the registers. The supervisor said that she was waiting to see the written policy before enforcing.
Probably local. I always buy giftcards with a safeway giftcard without a problem (excluding MC/Visa/AMEX)
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Anybody having issues getting these coupons to print? Seems like it doesn't work at stores without the flyers and works "better" at self-checkout too.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by kxc262
Anybody having issues getting these coupons to print? Seems like it doesn't work at stores without the flyers and works "better" at self-checkout too.
Agreed. Self check-out worked fine, but the cashier counter did not work. Luckily the cashier handed over $10 in kind for the coupon not printed. (I will take that )
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:48 pm

after reading all posts, still have some questions:

1. I saw fine print says: limit 1 per household, need card. So do you guys need scan your Tom Thumb card, then get the 10$ off coupon?
* if no need scan card, we can buy a lot
* if need card, they will know how many we buy, and limit the 2nd transactions or do not print out cpn

2. what difference check out at machine? no hassle?
vs. check out by person?

3. I can use tom thumb gift card to buy master card? right?

I see some stock in north dallas area, so what is your experience in dallas area?
thanks for any info
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:47 pm

Card not needed, but ONLY 1 coupon will print per transaction

ONLY 1 coupon can be used per transaction. No (flowing) liquid dairy items, alcohol, etc

Last edited by Alcibiades; Apr 9, 2014 at 9:58 am
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by Alcibiades

ONLY 1 coupon can be used per transaction. No liquid dairy items, alcohol, etc
i bought cheese and yogurt...
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by murtuza
Agreed. Self check-out worked fine, but the cashier counter did not work. Luckily the cashier handed over $10 in kind for the coupon not printed. (I will take that )
They will send you one if you file a claim, they are pretty good about it.

http://support.catalinamarketing.com...ment-policies/

Last edited by Haleyb; Apr 8, 2014 at 9:00 pm Reason: Who wants to bet Boraxo didn't read the last few pages?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.