Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:45 pm

if i have expiring gas reward this month and i buy a gc that adds gas reward this month will it COMBINE with my current expiring gas reward? ie. i have 4 gas reward expiring and if i get another 4 gas reward this month, will it be 8 gas reward when i go to the pump this month or will it still be 4 gas reward? the other 4 gas reward showing next month. sorry im newb to safeway gas reward pts.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by mcRib
if i have expiring gas reward this month and i buy a gc that adds gas reward this month will it COMBINE with my current expiring gas reward? ie. i have 4 gas reward expiring and if i get another 4 gas reward this month, will it be 8 gas reward when i go to the pump this month or will it still be 4 gas reward? the other 4 gas reward showing next month. sorry im newb to safeway gas reward pts.
Unlike other gas reward programs (such as Kroger/Fred Meyer), with Safeway all of your gas rewards are available to you, including the rewards that expire this month as well as the rewards that expire next month.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Unlike other gas reward programs (such as Kroger/Fred Meyer), with Safeway all of your gas rewards are available to you, including the rewards that expire this month as well as the rewards that expire next month.
i see. what happens when i go over 10 gas rewards (1000 gas pts)? read that i can only do $1 off per gallon at safeway pump.

sorry for the newb questions. just trying to understand it right. tia. i appreciate it.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:16 pm

i see. what happens when i go over 10 gas rewards (1000 gas pts)? read that i can only do $1 off per gallon at safeway pump.

sorry for the newb questions. just trying to understand it right. tia. i appreciate it.
Yes, $1.00 is the maximum that you can redeem in any one transaction. If you have 13 gas rewards, you can redeem $1 in one transaction, and then redeem 30 cents in the next transaction.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I just wish that Safeway didn't expire Fuel Rewards! There are periods like now, where I could really pile up FR and use later, if only....

Since the discount goes up to 25 gallons, a few times I've brought along a gas can and filled that too.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
OK, 8 more VGCs bought today under the promo across a variety of Pavilions, Vons, and Albertsons in SoCal. No fuel points at all today.

Card 1 - Pavilions 1(yesterday) - Balloons - 03/2026 - promo didn't come off automatically, applied manually by cashier
Card 2 - Albertsons 1 - Cupcake - 03/2026 - promo came off automatically
Card 3 - Albertsons 2 - Flowers - 02/2024 - promo came off automatically
Card 4 - Pavilions 1 (same as above) - Balloons - 03/2026 - promo came off automatically
Card 5 - Vons 1 - ?? - 03/2026 - Promo came off automatically
Card 6 - Vons 2 - Balloons - 03/2026 - promo didn't come off automatically, applied manually by cashier
Card 7 - Vons 3 - ?? - 03/2026 - promo didn't come off automatically, applied manually by cashier
Card 8 - Albertsons 3 - Kevlar - 03/2026 - Promo came off automatically on the second try (cashier voided the first transaction)
Card 9 - Albertsons 4 - Cupcake - 03/2026 - Promo came off automatically

The ?? above show only BHN VISA GC VARI on the receipt. Based on the ripped open packages I had in the car I think one was Sports and one was a Cupcake.

Edit:
Slight update. Card 6 actually DID earn 1000 fuel rewards. So, in my experience, balloons where the promo doesn't come off automatically seems to give fuel rewards.
geclub1 and mcRib like this.

Last edited by jasonvr; Dec 8, 2017 at 7:14 pm
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:11 am

wow that's a lot of store! good for you! i only have 2. both safeway 24hrs. and i got to time my purchase or else i'll encounter the cash-only nazi.

i'll probably go for at least 1 balloon 1000 gas pts vgc when it's business hrs. i mostly buy and have better success during the wee hrs of the night as it's mostly stockers ringing me up but i don't think they'll be too keen to give me a $10 off manual adjustment though.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:19 am

Got 1000 gas rewards on a surfboard VGC at Albertson's today. Got shot down by a replacement clerk (not the lady who usually works at this hour) at Vons. "You can't buy credit with credit." I gave her a little bit of pushback ("are you sure? I've bought em with credit before...") just to inflict a price on making stuff up, but not enough to cause a problem.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
wow that's a lot of store! good for you! i only have 2. both safeway 24hrs. and i got to time my purchase or else i'll encounter the cash-only nazi.

i'll probably go for at least 1 balloon 1000 gas pts vgc when it's business hrs. i mostly buy and have better success during the wee hrs of the night as it's mostly stockers ringing me up but i don't think they'll be too keen to give me a $10 off manual adjustment though.
I suppose that is one advantage of Safeway and Albertsons merging. Both were prominent in the SoCal market so now I have a ton of options when deals like this come up. Now I just need another to come up in the March'ish timeframe to pay the second installment of my property taxes in the same way

Last edited by jasonvr; Dec 9, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:15 pm

Got 2x fuel points on the Lake/kayaks VGC at Vons today.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by discojo
Got 2x fuel points on the Lake/kayaks VGC at Vons today.
did the $10 J4U apply as well?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:12 pm

I cannot add the 10/150 special anymore today on my remaining J4U accounts, but added to several accounts last night. Is it typical that the special runs for 2 weeks, but you cannot load it for the last week? Similar thing happened second half of November, wondering if this is the pattern?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by slack455
did the $10 J4U apply as well?
We already used all of ours up last week so I couldn't test that.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
I cannot add the 10/150 special anymore today on my remaining J4U accounts, but added to several accounts last night. Is it typical that the special runs for 2 weeks, but you cannot load it for the last week? Similar thing happened second half of November, wondering if this is the pattern?
i couldn't replicate your kevlar $10 off with the 500 gas pts. bought 1 kevlar today and only got $10 off. no sticker on the gc either. 12/24 expiration. back of the packaging says 01/16. was yours later than that (assuming that's a date - january 2016)? i know your expiration was 03/26. perhaps i need to find a 'fresh batch' of these kevlars to get the gas pts too.

i've noticed that too. you can't add after like a week. i was also hoping to see that $10 off on fashion/dining cards to stack but quick search at DoC's yielded no result other than that november deal. so i guess it was a rarity.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411
Got 1000 gas rewards on a surfboard VGC at Albertson's today.
did you also get $10 off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.