Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 5:34 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by HikerT
Even if they said cash only for the univision you could pay cash and end up with the same result as buying the AMEX (you are giving up $500 of CC spend if you pay cash for a univision but you effectively do the same thing when you buy the AMEX since the only way to cash out the AMEX is to forego $500 of CC spend).
I actually buy the Univision with cash if I get unlucky with a cashier (this only happened three times out of 30+ attempts, but I bring enough cash just in case). No sense in wasting a trip. I'll unload it with Evolve if my BB limit has been maxed on all of my birds.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:17 am
Suspended

for some reason univision does not give me gas rewards, maybe need to purchase some groceries with it...
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:45 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Please note that the posts concerning Albertsons have been moved to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...recurring.html
Old May 22, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
According for Frequent Miler blog:
Save $15 instantly when you buy two or more variable load MasterCard gift cards at certain Safeway stores. Must be purchased with Safeway Club Card. This deal was found at a Safeway store in Littleton, CO, but the deal may be available at other stores as well. The ad can be found here (see bottom of page 7).

So, the question is, does this extend to other Safeway/Vons/etc. locations? Has anyone tried in SoCal?
Old May 22, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
Box exists at the bottom of pg 7 in the PHX ads, but no mention of $15 savings. Weird.

Originally Posted by ToneDaBass
So, the question is, does this extend to other Safeway/Vons/etc. locations? Has anyone tried in SoCal?
Old May 22, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CC, Hyatt & IHG
Care to try and report back?
Old May 22, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ChuckHH
Care to try and report back?
I'm happy to, but I won't have time until this weekend. I was just putting it out there in case anyone else wanted to report back earlier.
Old May 22, 2014, 5:38 pm

In Washington State, the offer excludes variable cards. Here is the offer:

Your next shopping visit
get $15 off Club Price
When You Buy $200 in MasterCard® Gift Cards * Offer valid 5/21-6/3/14. Limit 1 offer per household. Excludes variable gift card. Must be purchased with Safeway Club Card. Subject to availability. See gift cards for details, terms, conditions and (if applicable) fees. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Product may not be available in all states. The MasterCard® Gift Card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from MasterCard® International Incorporated. MasterCard® and the MasterCard® Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard® International Incorporated. Internet, mail and phone order purchases may require you to register your card with U.S. Bank via www.mygiftcardsite.com.
Old May 22, 2014, 6:38 pm

well, this is odd. the ads are always the same everywhere.

the link above is for ONLY variable, phoenixl excludes variables, and IAH has no promo at all in the flyer.

that said, i have a hard time believing they're suddenly tasking IT to code registers by region. so i suspect it works everywhere. may need to venture out tonight or tmr for a look see. the good news, if it's everywhere, is that these cards are actually on the approved list for CC purchase from that memo a couple months back,
Old May 22, 2014, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
This isn't in my local flyer. There is, however, a thing on page 9 saying GCs earn 4x gas points. Likely to complete with the bonus gas points Giant is frequently offering for GC purchases. Text is too blurry to see if they're excluding VGCs.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:07 pm

$15 off the next purchase if you buy 2 or more MasterCard Gift Cards? That's $7.50 for each if you buy 2. How much are the fees? $5.95? So your profit is $1.55 in groceries times 2? I'll pass.
Old May 22, 2014, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Zgirl
$15 off the next purchase if you buy 2 or more MasterCard Gift Cards? That's $7.50 for each if you buy 2. How much are the fees? $5.95? So your profit is $1.55 in groceries times 2? I'll pass.
oh, you're soooo right. doing MS, getting award points from your credit card and ONLY making a $3.10 profit while doing it. what a terrible deal. and it gets worse the more you do...

say i was stupid and fell for this and did it 20x on my united card. i'd be stuck with a stupid RT award ticket from bkk-syd and it would cost me, scratch that, i'd ONLY make $62, then factor in liquidating with MO or BP and i'd probably only make ~$40 along with that stupid award ticket. what a waste of time that would be!

it's not in my area, but if it were, i'm no fool- i'd pass too...
Old May 22, 2014, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
oh, you're soooo right. doing MS, getting award points from your credit card and ONLY making a $3.10 profit while doing it. what a terrible deal. and it gets worse the more you do...

say i was stupid and fell for this and did it 20x on my united card. i'd be stuck with a stupid RT award ticket from bkk-syd and it would cost me, scratch that, i'd ONLY make $62, then factor in liquidating with MO or BP and i'd probably only make ~$40 along with that stupid award ticket. what a waste of time that would be!

it's not in my area, but if it were, i'm no fool- i'd pass too...
You'll be also stuck with MCs that are hard to liquidate. At Vons, I prefer buying Univision where I earn $1 off gas/gallon, saving $15-20 each time I get gas, no problem to liquidate, or ReloadIts where my fees are refunded. Buying 2 or more MCs for a $3.10 profit is not a good deal for me.

And I still earn the "stupid award ticket"

Last edited by Zgirl; May 22, 2014 at 8:52 pm
Old May 22, 2014, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Zgirl
You'll be also stuck with MCs that are hard to liquidate. At Vons, I prefer buying Univision where I earn $1 off gas/gallon, saving $15-20 each time I get gas, no problem to liquidate, or ReloadIts where my fees are refunded. Buying 2 or more MCs for a $3.10 profit is not a good deal for me.

And I still earn the "stupid award ticket"
univision for gas is not scaleable. the scaleability of tmobile is not the same as a debit card even if you have a vons that is still letting u buy with a cc (my available stores is down to 1- and only a certain head cashier when she's on a register). you'd be quite hard pressed to cycle 20k on a tmobile given the shut downs. i've got 3 tmobile still alive because anyone aggressive is shut down. becoming mute given reloadit drying up. i have no problem liquidating MC's

finally, these deals are not mutually exclusive. i do univision for my fuel needs, reloadit if i can, and this if it flies here despite not being in the ad.
Old May 22, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
univision for gas is not scaleable. the scaleability of tmobile is not the same as a debit card even if you have a vons that is still letting u buy with a cc (my available stores is down to 1- and only a certain head cashier when she's on a register). you'd be quite hard pressed to cycle 20k on a tmobile given the shut downs. i've got 3 tmobile still alive because anyone aggressive is shut down. becoming mute given reloadit drying up. i have no problem liquidating MC's

finally, these deals are not mutually exclusive. i do univision for my fuel needs, reloadit if i can, and this if it flies here despite not being in the ad.
I'm confused about your statement with tmobile. Your saying it's easy to get shut down when tmobile is a debit card? People get shut down using bill pay so if you liquidate using other methods, you will be okay. Tmobile wants you to use the debit card as spending and there are easy ways to do this without online bill pay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.