Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Elmatador
out here in Cali, I went to 2 safeways on monday and they did not allow me to pay with CC. cash only. I have bought GCs before with CC at these location...

oh boy I hope there is Not some new policy to all stores...

keep the reports coming.

P.S. I'll try some suburban stores...
See my post a couple above, but just now I did successfully buy a $100 MC GC with a CC and I got the $10 Off Coupon.

Edit: She did ask how I was going to pay, I said credit and she let it fly.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
i was able to buy a $100 MC GC with a credit card today.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:22 pm

Bought $500 visa GC with CC today at Safeway (San Francisco bay area), but no $10 coupon printed. Maybe I should try to get it online.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by tonyflyer
Bought $500 visa GC with CC today at Safeway (San Francisco bay area), but no $10 coupon printed. Maybe I should try to get it online.
Current promo is $10 coupon with $100 in MASTERCARD gift cards.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Anyone find any actual material (printed or online) about the offer?

When you can only get the $10 coupon for buying $100 cards, sure, it's a nice way to get some 40% off groceries at an expensive supermarket, but, it's not a practical means of MS. When you get it on the $500 cards, it then becomes a 'bonus' on your regularly scheduled MS.

If the printed material has no exclusions on variable loads, or, doesn't say anything about 'must get exactly $100', then one has good great recourse when the coupon doesn't print if they have printed material about the promotion in hand.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by TravelsLite
Current promo is $10 coupon with $100 in MASTERCARD gift cards.
Is it the straight $100 gift card or a minimum of $100 on the variable gift card? If it is the latter I suspect it is regional because my $500 mc purchase today came up empty. Happy to be wrong (even moreso if someone has the offer in writing so my local manager can give me $10) and less happy but still ok if someone can confirm it is not the variable one.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Rookie3
Is it the straight $100 gift card or a minimum of $100 on the variable gift card? If it is the latter I suspect it is regional because my $500 mc purchase today came up empty. Happy to be wrong (even moreso if someone has the offer in writing so my local manager can give me $10) and less happy but still ok if someone can confirm it is not the variable one.
Mine was a variable load card, coupon printed fine.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by slack455
Mine was a variable load card, coupon printed fine.
Thanks for posting that.

It does seem there are mixed results however on the variable load MC's.

At any rate, I can tolerate the tedium of manually setting the PIN, one-at-a-time-on-a-one-minute-and-9-second-phone-call for the $10 bonus groceries.

Like Rookie3 did earlier, I will test a $500 MC tonight. Whether I buy another one after depends on the results of the former
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:57 pm

Hello guys,

was willing to test for you all, as I got a new bc card anyway, just bought a 500 MasterCard, and my coupon printed out. as usual no restrictions on the coupon
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:13 pm

I got my 500 MC, coupon printed out fine. I used the coupon in the next trip, I picked up some groceries and another MC, like one of previous promotion, cashier had to manually apply the coupon. I got the second coupon as well.

Last edited by Johnnycomeslater; Nov 6, 2013 at 5:23 pm
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75
At any rate, I can tolerate the tedium of manually setting the PIN, one-at-a-time-on-a-one-minute-and-9-second-phone-call for the $10 bonus groceries.
51 seconds, true story.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
I went in and got 2 $500 MC with the same safeway club phone number and it spit out 2 coupons. Been a while since I liquidated these MC's, went in to 2 WM's (old and new swipe machines) and couldn't unload. Need to find a working kiosk for this MC to work.

Originally Posted by Johnnycomeslater
I got my 500 MC, coupon printed out fine. I used the coupon in the next trip, I picked up some groceries and another MC, like one of previous promotion, cashier had to manually apply the coupon. I got the second coupon as well.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by rambo
I went in and got 2 $500 MC with the same safeway club phone number and it spit out 2 coupons. Been a while since I liquidated these MC's, went in to 2 WM's (old and new swipe machines) and couldn't unload. Need to find a working kiosk for this MC to work.
Black/white machine: press "Cancel" once it appears on the screen
Color machine: press "change payment type" as soon as it shows up
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
I tried those and still it didn't work. Did about 20K during the visa promotion last month. I will not do much with MC unless I find a consistent way to liquidate this.

Originally Posted by Johnnycomeslater
Black/white machine: press "Cancel" once it appears on the screen
Color machine: press "change payment type" as soon as it shows up
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:37 pm

$500 Variable M worked in the Phoenix area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.