Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by rambo
I tried those and still it didn't work. Did about 20K during the visa promotion last month. I will not do much with MC unless I find a consistent way to liquidate this.
Interesting, I had no issue liquidating, set the PIN by phone and bought MO (pressing Cancel quickly), no issues as before.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by Johnnycomeslater
I used the coupon in the next trip.
Why next? You can use the coupon during the same trip No need to worry about expiration date whatsoever anymore
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:54 pm

Black/white machine: press "Cancel" once it appears on the screen
Color machine: press "change payment type" as soon as it shows up
As rambo said, doesn't work in our area - WM won't accept MC gcs no matter what you do. The only way I know to cash out MC gcs is via the kiosk to GoBank/BB. It's such a PITA that I won't bother with the MC Catalina promos any more.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:18 pm

I've had trouble liquidating one of my MC cards at WM while attempting to do a split payment. Even when I hit "cancel" I could not get to the screen that says Debit/ATM.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Worked just fine at my local So Cal Vons. No literature in the weekly ad nor on the GC stand. Popped out automatically and like the last Visa promo, there are NO restrictions on the coupon other than "prohibited by law". Sounds Like I'll have fun churning for additional MCs for the next few weeks just like last time. Liquidated immediately at MC in local WM onto BB. No issues there either.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Worked just fine at my local So Cal Vons. No literature in the weekly ad nor on the GC stand. Popped out automatically and like the last Visa promo, there are NO restrictions on the coupon other than "prohibited by law". Sounds Like I'll have fun churning for additional MCs for the next few weeks just like last time. Liquidated immediately at MC in local WM onto BB. No issues there either.
People are reporting problem liquidating MC, did you load BB using kiosk or cashier?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
People are reporting problem liquidating MC, did you load BB using kiosk or cashier?
MC Cashier. Just hit "Change Payment". I've generally avoided MC because they are harder without a kiosk (and my kiosk was completely turned off today), but this one went smooth as silk
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tonyflyer
Bought $500 visa GC with CC today at Safeway (San Francisco bay area), but no $10 coupon printed. Maybe I should try to get it online.
This promo is for Master GC, not visa. Please check did you buy Master or Visa?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Safeway/VONS - $10 off coupon w/ $100 Mastercard or VISA Gift Cards [Recurring]

Do not ever never buy CELEBRATE master gift card.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Daniel on the way
Do not ever never buy CELEBRATE master gift card.
^^^^
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:25 am

Are you guys able to use the $10 coupon to buy another MC gift card? Or just groceries?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Don't clean out the rack. I'm heading over there today ;-)
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Are you guys able to use the $10 coupon to buy another MC gift card? Or just groceries?
Already quite a few posts on this topic within this thread that I should just reply with 'RTFT' and just hit submit. Alas, I'll be more gentle today and say that the registers are programmed to REJECT the coupon on GC's (and alcohol, tobacco, stamps, milk, and a number of other items for that matter). However, there have been reports in this thread of people getting an override so that the coupon is applied to their next GC purchase (jasonvr with an exceptional one comes to mind). So, if you can be persuasive, and, you've got a manager that wants to be nice to you, you might be able get to use a few coupons on GC purchases. However, given that someone higher up will very likely ask said manager what they were doing 'with all these manual overrides', I would not expect to be able to have such a wonderful event repeated to any great extent.

At my local Pavillions, since I'm very well known there, and they allow me to buy these things to my hearts content, I'm not going to risk this relationship by trying to get them take a coupon on something that they're not supposed to apply the coupon on. Get someone in trouble, and suddenly they're not going to be so friendly and helpful any more. And believe me, when you have a stack of gift cards and you want to load each of them with $500, and then pay for them one-at-a-time, you really want the cashier (and management) to be on friendly and helpful terms with you. Lest you end up with the blunt-overreaction of 'these are cash only now'.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
+1. I couldn't agree with you more thehawk.

I am glad that safeway is offering such deals through out the year. So please, let us play by their rules and keep this going for a while

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Already quite a few posts on this topic within this thread that I should just reply with 'RTFT' and just hit submit. Alas, I'll be more gentle today and say that the registers are programmed to REJECT the coupon on GC's (and alcohol, tobacco, stamps, milk, and a number of other items for that matter). However, there have been reports in this thread of people getting an override so that the coupon is applied to their next GC purchase (jasonvr with an exceptional one comes to mind). So, if you can be persuasive, and, you've got a manager that wants to be nice to you, you might be able get to use a few coupons on GC purchases. However, given that someone higher up will very likely ask said manager what they were doing 'with all these manual overrides', I would not expect to be able to have such a wonderful event repeated to any great extent.

At my local Pavillions, since I'm very well known there, and they allow me to buy these things to my hearts content, I'm not going to risk this relationship by trying to get them take a coupon on something that they're not supposed to apply the coupon on. Get someone in trouble, and suddenly they're not going to be so friendly and helpful any more. And believe me, when you have a stack of gift cards and you want to load each of them with $500, and then pay for them one-at-a-time, you really want the cashier (and management) to be on friendly and helpful terms with you. Lest you end up with the blunt-overreaction of 'these are cash only now'.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Already quite a few posts on this topic within this thread that I should just reply with 'RTFT' and just hit submit. Alas, I'll be more gentle today and say that the registers are programmed to REJECT the coupon on GC's ......
+2. I tried to use a coupon on a GC last time. Hard coded to rejected it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.