Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Blue Monday thanks to Cerberus

=======================
xx/xx/15 - xx/xx/15 Promotion

Participating items must be purchased in a single transaction. Limit one(1) offer per transaction

These coupons often do not scan properly(coming up -0.01 along with a 0.01) and require override. Override is always required at SCO.

If the coupon off your next order does not print out, you can request it online here.

When redeeming the coupon, the following items are excluded in the calculation of the minimum spend requirement:
-Fluid dairy such as Milk, Half & Half, etc
-Blunts, alcohol, and smokes
-Gift cards, Lottery tickets, MoneyGram, etc
Print Wikipost

Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime PE, Hilton Dia, WN CP, Hyatt Plat
new at this so not sure if this is relevant or redundant. Went to my SoCal Vons. Tried to buy a variable MC GC. Cashier said how will you be paying for this? I said Credit card. She said I can only use a debit card, cash or check on the variable cards. I said I'll go get the fixed amount card. She said they don't have $500 fixed amounts. She then said If I wanted to put just $100 on the card, I could use my credit card. I did $100. $10 coupon printed out with expiration date of 11/21.

On my way later to WM to load my BB. If that goes well, I'm all over this deal for the next ten days or so.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:56 pm

Has anyone had any experience using this particular brand of MC to buy MOs at Kroeger/QFC/Fred Meyer?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:48 pm

At Vons, I did a 100 fixed and a 500 variable. Both generated the coupon, and (oops, I can't remember which) one also generated an additional Catalina for a fee-free MP (greendot, hmmm, will Vons take CC for that too?). If they start doing that more often somebody here's gonna have to recommend which "debit" card I need to get to use with the MPs, Bueller?

Also, depending on your history some of the just4U personalized deals have a low unlimited personal price on my favorite frozen pizza. Well, the regular shelf price is very high BUT we're currently in a BOGO week on them, so if you have the just4U this stacks nicely. Good thing I'm not fat (yet)...
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:24 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by Daniel on the way
Do not ever never buy CELEBRATE master gift card.
^

If anyone is unfortunate enough to buy this GC, the best thing to do is to spend the $3 to pay your federal taxes. Don't waste time trying to unload this card with Kate.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA, AA EXP
Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
At Vons, I did a 100 fixed and a 500 variable. Both generated the coupon, and (oops, I can't remember which) one also generated an additional Catalina for a fee-free MP (greendot, hmmm, will Vons take CC for that too?). If they start doing that more often somebody here's gonna have to recommend which "debit" card I need to get to use with the MPs, Bueller?

Also, depending on your history some of the just4U personalized deals have a low unlimited personal price on my favorite frozen pizza. Well, the regular shelf price is very high BUT we're currently in a BOGO week on them, so if you have the just4U this stacks nicely. Good thing I'm not fat (yet)...
^^^
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:38 pm

after setting pin do these work like normal debit for buying MO at the WM customer service desk (not the machine, thats broken at the WM I visit)
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Daniel on the way
Do not ever never buy CELEBRATE master gift card.
Is this the brother of "The Perfect Gift" MC? Set up pin for it but it still rings up as credit in wally world registers. I guess I'll pay my electric bill with it.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:31 pm

Can confirm variable $500 Visa will NOT generate coupon. Bought one by mistake (creature of habit). The variable $500 MC did result in coupon as others have reported.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Already quite a few posts on this topic within this thread that I should just reply with 'RTFT' and just hit submit. Alas, I'll be more gentle today and say that the registers are programmed to REJECT the coupon on GC's (and alcohol, tobacco, stamps, milk, and a number of other items for that matter). However, there have been reports in this thread of people getting an override so that the coupon is applied to their next GC purchase (jasonvr with an exceptional one comes to mind). So, if you can be persuasive, and, you've got a manager that wants to be nice to you, you might be able get to use a few coupons on GC purchases. However, given that someone higher up will very likely ask said manager what they were doing 'with all these manual overrides', I would not expect to be able to have such a wonderful event repeated to any great extent.

At my local Pavillions, since I'm very well known there, and they allow me to buy these things to my hearts content, I'm not going to risk this relationship by trying to get them take a coupon on something that they're not supposed to apply the coupon on. Get someone in trouble, and suddenly they're not going to be so friendly and helpful any more. And believe me, when you have a stack of gift cards and you want to load each of them with $500, and then pay for them one-at-a-time, you really want the cashier (and management) to be on friendly and helpful terms with you. Lest you end up with the blunt-overreaction of 'these are cash only now'.
It is less a matter of being persuasive as it is being polite, but firm. There are NO restrictions printed on the coupon other than items prohibited by law. The law does not prohibit discounting gift cards, otherwise Safeway/Vons/... would be continually violating the law. They have many times offered discounts off of cards like the Amex cards just a few weeks ago and in May, $15 off promo in May, no fee PP card in May as well, and Lowes GCs last month.

If they wanted to impose restrictions, they should print them. We know they have the ability to do so as previous coupons have had such restrictions.

Now that being said, you will not always be successful, but I've had managers at more than one store explicitly allow it and some now know me. I've had others that flat out refused to even read the lack of terms on the coupon. Find what works for you, but know that you will not always be successful, and most importantly, don't burn bridges for yourself or others!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:41 pm

Anyone having issues with the coupon scanning correctly? Ive tried two and it only takes off one penny required an override to apply coupon. This is gonna get annoying, but it's cheap miles
Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
There is something wrong with the coupon. I have used 2-3 so far and every time it didn't knock of $10. Maybe the coupon is programmed for $10 off of $25 or something like that.

They cashier had to override it.

Originally Posted by frogdog51
Anyone having issues with the coupon scanning correctly? Ive tried two and it only takes off one penny required an override to apply coupon. This is gonna get annoying, but it's cheap miles
Old Nov 8, 2013, 2:16 pm

No:
liquid dairy
alcohol
cigarettes
gift cards
lottery tickets
stamps
bus passes
smoking cessation
electronic cigarettes
etc
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by frogdog51
I don't think I had anything out of the ordinary when I used mine and it didn't work, only thing I could think of was maybe the cheese sticks, overrode w/ issues.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA, AA, United
Last night I had just fruits and veggies and it didn't work.

Today I had fruits, chocolate syrup, ziploc bag (total $15) and it didn't work. Both times the cashier had to override it. I think they have programmed this coupon incorrectly.

Originally Posted by slack455
I don't think I had anything out of the ordinary when I used mine and it didn't work, only thing I could think of was maybe the cheese sticks, overrode w/ issues.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by rambo
Last night I had just fruits and veggies and it didn't work.

Today I had fruits, chocolate syrup, ziploc bag (total $15) and it didn't work. Both times the cashier had to override it. I think they have programmed this coupon incorrectly.
Yeah, All I got was some frozen food..$11.00 even and coupon didn't work. The same thing happened last time with the MC promotion (no issue with coupon working for Visa promotion). Coupon specifically states $10 minimum purchase required. They also wouldn't let me use a different coupon for a separate order because, "One per day." Don't think I'm gonna go quite so heavy on this promo since it's gonna require an override every time and they may be more prone to only allow one per day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.