FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

sosamo May 2, 14 3:46 pm


Originally Posted by spenny (Post 22799997)
I thought OV wasn't viable anymore because of all the changes with CVS? I was just looking around again.....I have to spend $2500 for a Hilton card.

OneVanilla is Gift Card. Not Vanilla Reload. You can still get them with CC.

But if you have AFT, you can skip the middle man. Just load the Hilton CC to the AFT at target.

spenny May 2, 14 4:05 pm


Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22800027)
OneVanilla is Gift Card. Not Vanilla Reload. You can still get them with CC.

But if you have AFT, you can skip the middle man. Just load the Hilton CC to the AFT at target.


Gotcha. I might opt for AFT or maybe a combination. Thanks

psone May 3, 14 2:13 pm

If someone needs a card, PM me and for a few bucks I'll grab you one or two and mail them. Our stores have loads of them.

bevoinva May 3, 14 4:53 pm


Originally Posted by psone (Post 22804243)
If someone needs a card, PM me and for a few bucks I'll grab you one or two and mail them. Our stores have loads of them.

That's going to be pretty difficult to do since you have to show driver's license and enter social security numbers when applying.

healthnut May 3, 14 5:02 pm


Originally Posted by bevoinva (Post 22804877)
That's going to be pretty difficult to do since you have to show driver's license and enter social security numbers when applying.

I think he's talking about taking them out of the store and shipping them. Not registering them. Then the recipient can take them to their target and do that by scanning them as all registers are prepared for the process.

jorge18 May 3, 14 5:19 pm

I read somewhere on this thread that nobody has been able to find some in the Miami area. Any update on that?

ntr91 May 3, 14 6:35 pm


Originally Posted by healthnut (Post 22804910)
I think he's talking about taking them out of the store and shipping them. Not registering them. Then the recipient can take them to their target and do that by scanning them as all registers are prepared for the process.


...which is theft.

I wonder what Amex/Target would do if an activation pops up from a store that doesn't sell AFT not long after AFTs are stolen from another store. It would be really easy to prosecute since they have your name, DOB, address, and SSN all in one place.

THE LSE May 4, 14 7:59 pm


Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22799780)
Agreed. AFT is an extra 10k of MS for me a month. I'll estimate it at 9k (I didn't put 9500 because if I load, I am going to load 1k because of the $3 fee) a month because of the leftover money in the card because you can't really Zero them out.

How many AFT do you use to make "an extra 10k of MS?" How does that work?

THE LSE May 4, 14 8:17 pm

The lowest I can get MS cost is 1.05%. Assumes one $1,000 load for each of two months, taking out as free $400 ATM withdraws over five months at $3.00 per withdraw to my local ATM operator.

uncommonsensical May 5, 14 12:00 am

Account compromised... anyone every get to a US CSR?!
 
Does anyone have a back door # to get to US customer service or fraud dept?

I googled to no avail- would rather not use an Office of the President 'bullet' on this, but unless I can escape Indian CS, i'll have to (complaints/interventions from that office are very useful once in a blue moon. more than that, and you're flagged and the office is no longer your friend).

"Customer Service" in India for this card is proving really horrible in this situation. I've gone 3 levels up and been told there is no higher. No option to talk to a US based rep even in a fraud situation (btw, AMEX- that's pathetic). There are issues and, frankly, every mgr i've spoken with has been, to be kind, dumb as a stick.

btw, my card was not stolen. i have it. not sure whether this is part of the Target breach or not. Target's directing me back to Amex/India- which is a black hole of incompetence.

I hadn't messed with this card for a while, as there have been better options. signed in to find $1,200 in fraudulent charges done 1,000 miles away from me. they kept hitting $100 8x at a service station (note: this card has horrible fraud detection!). but then they backed off and then smaller transactions (including $1.50 at coke machines!) spread over 10 days- was still $50 on the card when i noticed. very odd.

littlemookie May 5, 14 7:25 am

AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities
 
Target breach. The transactions were labeled "oil completion" or chevron Madison. They took $1600 off my two cards.

India can dispute the transactions and they send you a form that you fill out and fax/mail to the main Salt Lake City center. You can PM me if you need more details. There is a post on fatwallet on this as well.

uncommonsensical May 5, 14 7:48 am


Originally Posted by littlemookie (Post 22812089)
Target breach. The transactions were labeled "oil completion" or chevron Madison. They took $1600 off my two cards.

India can dispute the transactions and they send you a form that you fill out and fax/mail to the main Salt Lake City center. You can PM me if you need more details. There is a post on fatwallet on this as well.

exactly! wow. thanks for the reply.

yeah, India is incompetent getting me the form.

did you have coke vending purchases thrown in too?! odd.

digital330 May 5, 14 7:57 am

I also have a Amex for TGT fraud on 1 of the 4 cards in house. Had them reissue all 4 of them. And was asked to fax in the "dispute" form for each of fraud transactions. Card was never lost or used at any store except ATM.

They have absolutely no fraud detection! And no fraud team!!

jptravels4fun May 5, 14 9:22 am

Amex 4 Target Cards
 
Anyone who is in NYC The Target at the Atlantic Terminal/Barclay Center had about 2 dozen as of yesterday....near cash registers 14-15 and 20 I believe but plenty in stock. Feel free to pm me with any questions....
Just sharing the wealth......:D

incendia May 5, 14 9:26 am


Originally Posted by jptravels4fun (Post 22812651)
Anyone who is in NYC The Target at the Atlantic Terminal/Barclay Center had about 2 dozen as of yesterday....near cash registers 14-15 and 20 I believe but plenty in stock. Feel free to pm me with any questions....
Just sharing the wealth......:D

I was there last week and their didn't have, I had to go to the target on 116th st


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:05 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.