FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

brc01 Apr 8, 14 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by FredFnord (Post 22666658)
Hah. Thanks. Those things are a bit silly. Just because some of us are a bit quiet.

Ah well. I guess it keeps the vandalism to a minimum.

So true. Some of us actually learn by researching/searching for answers w/o posting instead of making redundant posts that inflate post count like "How do I find a Target that sells AFT?!?!". :)

Haleyb Apr 8, 14 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by brc01 (Post 22673650)
So true. Some of us actually learn by researching/searching for answers w/o posting instead of making redundant posts that inflate post count like "How do I find a Target that sells AFT?!?!". :)

Kind of an ironic post, no ;)
It prevents vandalism.

The admin controls make it really easy to set a minimum post number as a permission and really hard to use join dates.

(I am an admin somewhere else, which is how I know this.)

sethjvm Apr 9, 14 7:47 am

Originally Posted by kingrat (Post 22673560)
NOT WORTH IT

5K = $75 so 60k points on delta would = $900 spend... :td:

agreed, aft is a horrible way to liquidate agc. Terrible, don't use it.

FlyingCOS Apr 9, 14 8:04 am

Originally Posted by vinhboy (Post 22673353)
Umm... So what happened? Was the fee waived?

Yes he waived the $3 reload fee.

kingrat Apr 9, 14 9:30 am

Originally Posted by brc01 (Post 22673650)

I have 4 targets here and only one sells it even though it is listed on all of AMEX Target locations..

Is there I a way I can just block people on FT?

kingrat Apr 9, 14 9:33 am

Originally Posted by sethjvm (Post 22675568)

Even if you did 3 cards at $400 each load pulled for free each month work? $2 for the ATM but $1200 a month pull for $6 ATM and $9 load fee's is still high..

sethjvm Apr 9, 14 11:28 am

Originally Posted by kingrat (Post 22676195)
I have 4 targets here and only one sells it even though it is listed on all of AMEX Target locations..

Is there I a way I can just block people on FT?

yes, just click on my username and a little menu will pop-up that will allow you to ignore me.

dukerau Apr 9, 14 11:46 am

Originally Posted by kingrat (Post 22676218)
Even if you did 3 cards at $400 each load pulled for free each month work? $2 for the ATM but $1200 a month pull for $6 ATM and $9 load fee's is still high..

Yep, I agree. With your numbers, horrible approach.

ccohen322 Apr 9, 14 12:00 pm

Maybe this has to spelled out for some people... AFT is most worthwhile when you've already got a ton of CB and are looking to liquidate easily. Obviously, straight up CC loads at 1.3-1.5% isn't that hot.

kingrat Apr 9, 14 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by sethjvm (Post 22676902)
yes, just click on my username and a little menu will pop-up that will allow you to ignore me.

Done... ^^

sosamo Apr 9, 14 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by sethjvm (Post 22675568)

Not sure if the number is right or not, or how you came up with this number.

If you are using the 3x portal for Delta, isn't it $5k = 20k points?

So $75 x 3 = $225 gets you 60k of Delta points.

You can get an extra point/mile if you use an Arrival card.

sethjvm Apr 9, 14 1:44 pm

I was being facetious. The AFT is an easy way to accelerate spending to meet 90 day minimum spend requirements. If one reviews the AGC thread, there are some pretty obvious clues regarding how to avoid losing money (albeit at the cost of time and effort.) And if you can find a surcharge free ATM, you can reduce your cost further.

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22677687)

sosamo Apr 9, 14 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by sethjvm (Post 22677906)
I was being facetious. The AFT is an easy way to accelerate spending to meet 90 day minimum spend requirements. If one reviews the AGC thread, there are some pretty obvious clues regarding how to avoid losing money (albeit at the cost of time and effort.) And if you can find a surcharge free ATM, you can reduce your cost further.

Ohhh. I see. :eek:

sethjvm Apr 9, 14 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22677687)

I am not sure about the delta points (maybe I should be) but even if you only got 3 individuals x $5k x 2Delta Points / $ and you valued the Delta Points at $0.01 per point, you are still coming out ahead. You get $5000 x 2 Points/dollar X $0.01 = $300 USD of Delta point value for $75 spend. You may also have meet some level of minimum spending which is what MS is about.

mleyd Apr 9, 14 2:16 pm

AFT is obviously not the best way to MS but it is A way to MS for miles and points. I use it to meet min spend and then I put $800 a month on 2 AFT cards. I shop at Target often and live directly across the street from a fee free ATM. It's not going to get me an Explorer Award with AA (but then again, nothing will anymore), but every little bit counts. It's slightly less than the current 100% trade bonus for US Air points at 1.5 cents a mile with my US card but I am starting to rack up my Club Carlson points and get 5/$1 with that card and I value those points very highly.