FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

Haleyb Apr 28, 2014 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22774451)
Question. I visited an ATM machine for the first time today. When it ask you which account to withdraw from:
Checking
Saving
Credit Card

What do you choose?

Originally Posted by raccah (Post 22774471)
checking works fine for me

I added that to the wiki. It is always 'checking' with any of the type of accounts like this, as far as I know.

I once wasted $1.25 doing a balance inquiry (on a Buxx card) because I was trying to figure out which to pick and figured it would give me an error or a $0 balance if I picked the wrong one.

msp2anywhere Apr 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22774451)
Question. I visited an ATM machine for the first time today. When it ask you which account to withdraw from:
Checking
Saving
Credit Card

What do you choose?

I've been picking credit card and that works fine.

And then I go by a box of Costco cookies and cookiemonster out until I'm covered in 20's and crumbs.

turnpike13 Apr 29, 2014 9:13 pm

anyone have any trouble loading amex gc to their amex for target card?

incendia Apr 29, 2014 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by turnpike13 (Post 22783313)
anyone have any trouble loading amex gc to their amex for target card?

Only that the clerks don't like loading cards without a name on them

turnpike13 Apr 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by incendia (Post 22783481)

I'll have to try again. perhaps add an item or two to mix it up and see if it loads. I got a tender not allowed message tonight.

raccah Apr 30, 2014 1:13 am

That is starting to be a bit hit or miss - get the personalized Amex Biz cards - you get a name that way

al456456 Apr 30, 2014 7:14 am

Originally Posted by kingrat (Post 22729926)
One store in Jacksonville does but they didnt know how to load it

Thank you.

Can you please tell me which store and when did you see it available?

I really would like to be able to buy one. Thank you for any help.

xiKiNGix Apr 30, 2014 10:35 am

Anyone happen to know the register load instructions for existing cards [a la WM BB]? Haven't found a cashier yet who knows how to load, so I'm always going to the CSR.

sosamo Apr 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by xiKiNGix (Post 22786164)
Anyone happen to know the register load instructions for existing cards [a la WM BB]? Haven't found a cashier yet who knows how to load, so I'm always going to the CSR.

Most if not all the cashiers I go to in Target does not know what the card is. I just tell them to swipe it, and the instructions will pop up.

dcpilgrim Apr 30, 2014 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by xiKiNGix (Post 22786164)

Just hand them the card and tell them to swipe it. The screen will walk them through it. I do this with every cashier I wind up with if there is a line at the CSR. The big bold no funding via a target GC will give them pause, but its no biggie.

sosamo Apr 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Has anyone tried to purchase a GC at CVS with the AFT?
Scenario:
Let say I have 250.00 in my AFT. I do not want to spend $3 + ATM fee to withdraw $240.
Can I buy a $500 GC, swipe the AFT, and the POS will drain the account, then ask for another card for the rest of the balance?

Haleyb Apr 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Personalized ones have always worked for me.

Register a non personalized if that was what was causing issues and it may help.

Yes have them swipe the card, I tend to flash the card. Since the Target Gift Card is red it lets them see that I'm not trying to use one. I ask for split tender. They will ask an amount but I've guessed wrong and never had an issue with it. It just drains it and gives a remaining due balance. I tend to do two or three small balance cards to drain them and then finish off with a bigger one. One thing I live is that the receipt tells you which cards you used any any remaining balance. Makes it easy.

Haleyb Apr 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22787398)
Has anyone tried to purchase a GC at CVS with the AFT?
Scenario:
Let say I have 250.00 in my AFT. I do not want to spend $3 + ATM fee to withdraw $240.
Can I buy a $500 GC, swipe the AFT, and the POS will drain the account, then ask for another card for the rest of the balance?

I wouldn't do that.
CVS has a no prepaid with prepaid rule. Draining a card is a dead giveaway that it is a prepaid. You might get away with it or you might ruin a relationship. My CVS gets very uncomfortable with split tenders. If you are going to try it ask upfront to pay with two cards, don't have it auto drain reamainig balance.

Why not load more funds or just wait until the 1st for the fee free ATM withdrawal?

I do use mine to buy Visa Gift cards, but mostly place I know are fine with me just telling them the last 4 digits.

italdesign Apr 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Finally found one! Back of card says "load at participating Target stores and at americanexpress.com/target".

Can we actually load online using a CC? Website doesn't let me register yet ("Error 404: Invalid path {0} was requested "), and I looked through the last ~50 posts and didn't see it discussed.

Also, I'm guessing you can load another person's AFT as long as cashier lets you (a la BB).

sosamo Apr 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign (Post 22788748)
Finally found one! Back of card says "load at participating Target stores and at americanexpress.com/target".

Can we actually load online using a CC? Website doesn't let me register yet ("Error 404: Invalid path {0} was requested "), and I looked through the last ~50 posts and didn't see it discussed.

Also, I'm guessing you can load another person's AFT as long as cashier lets you (a la BB).

You have to load at Target with CC. There is a $3 load fee. 1k load max a day.

Did you make the first $500 load at the register? ($3).

If you didn't then, you cannot register online.