FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

smoothmunkey Jul 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Ditto. Doesn't seem like you're bumping up against the rolling load limit.

zceuxbhjutf Jul 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 23250134)
$2,500/card
$5,000/2cards

The 7K proposal notwithstanding, I think the above is inaccurate in implying that whatever a person's monthly limit is, it must be split equally. But I'm inexperienced beyond doing 1000/mo on each of two AFTs.

Suppose I wanted to go 5000/mo but like so...
AFT1: 4000
AFT2: 1000

I thought I could do that as long as I (mostly) drained AFT1 between 1000 loads. Bueller?

skibum3d Jul 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf (Post 23251714)
The 7K proposal notwithstanding, I think the above is inaccurate in implying that whatever a person's monthly limit is, it must be split equally. But I'm inexperienced beyond doing 1000/mo on each of two AFTs.

Suppose I wanted to go 5000/mo but like so...
AFT1: 4000
AFT2: 1000

I thought I could do that as long as I (mostly) drained AFT1 between 1000 loads. Bueller?

Yes, you can do that.

The key to the slightly under $7k claim, by the way, is the phrase "slightly under." Leave room for each $3 load fee and a little slop, and...

Lnelson4 Jul 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Does anyone know of a Target in the Jacksonville area that still has these in stock? I will be traveling through this weekend and my local Targets are quite unhelpful. Please feel free to PM if that's something about which you are concerned.

Yeshu JP Jul 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi guys,

I just got a card at my local target and loaded $500. Looks like this card cannot be used for billpay. I have access to some free ATMs.

Is the best way to liquidate this by withdrawing money and doing a billpay at walmart? I don't want to take out money orders as I have been in trouble before for being overzealous with money orders.

Thanks and apologies if I missed something in the wiki.

Also, is it possible to use my Amex credit account and merge that account with this? The reason I ask is because it is allowing me to logon using the same ID. However, it is not allowing me to register the temp card.

michael160 Jul 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Yeshu JP (Post 23252795)
Hi guys,

I just got a card at my local target and loaded $500. Looks like this card cannot be used for billpay. I have access to some free ATMs.

Is the best way to liquidate this by withdrawing money and doing a billpay at walmart? I don't want to take out money orders as I have been in trouble before for being overzealous with money orders.

Thanks and apologies if I missed something in the wiki.

Also, is it possible to use my Amex credit account and merge that account with this? The reason I ask is because it is allowing me to logon using the same ID. However, it is not allowing me to register the temp card.

um, how about taking that cash and depositing it into your checking account and paying your bills for free from there? Why introduce WM or MOs into this if you have cash in hand?

AFT and Amex CCs are different products - you need to have a new login for the AFT card

Yeshu JP Jul 24, 2014 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by michael160 (Post 23252968)
um, how about taking that cash and depositing it into your checking account and paying your bills for free from there? Why introduce WM or MOs into this if you have cash in hand?

AFT and Amex CCs are different products - you need to have a new login for the AFT card

Well, unfortunately, I bank with Chase and the last thing I want is for them to shut me down (and all my Chase credit cards) for making too many cash deposits. I should bank with someone else, but I guess after a while, every bank will become suspicious if you keep depositing cash.

smoothmunkey Jul 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Yeshu JP (Post 23253042)
Well, unfortunately, I bank with Chase and the last thing I want is for them to shut me down (and all my Chase credit cards) for making too many cash deposits. I should bank with someone else, but I guess after a while, every bank will become suspicious if you keep depositing cash.

So open a checking account with a different bank. There are plenty of checking account opening bonuses out there... some even allow funding first deposit with a CC :D

Yeshu JP Jul 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by smoothmunkey (Post 23253127)
So open a checking account with a different bank. There are plenty of checking account opening bonuses out there... some even allow funding first deposit with a CC :D

Yes, I am seriously planning on doing so. I got a $250 opening account bonus offer from Key bank. I know there are others as well, so I will open one.

workaccounttoday Jul 25, 2014 10:31 am

Does anyone else get a ridiculous amount of questions when using the money withdrawn from the AFT?

EVERY time I've gone to WM to get a MO they freak out and say "why is this ONLY in 20s?" I state because that's the only way ATMs dispense money. Then one time they acted really concerned that all the 20s weren't lined up properly. I didn't know ATMS had to have each and every bill lined up in the exact same manner either!

I guess in the future I'm just going to organize them all.

If only I had more places to get MOs... the grocery stores around me have a max of $350 per MO and they didn't even believe me when I said WM had a much higher limit.

zceuxbhjutf Jul 25, 2014 11:49 am

Nobody else does that.

smoothmunkey Jul 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Cash --> MO --> :confused:

Tuppins Jul 25, 2014 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by smoothmunkey (Post 23256394)
Cash --> MO --> :confused:

Wait, everyone else isn't using their 20's at the local strip club??

workaccounttoday Jul 25, 2014 12:15 pm

I deposit my MOs via cell phone to my bank. I'm using an online one since I don't really want to put all of my MS stuff in my primary bank.

ninim2200 Jul 25, 2014 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by workaccounttoday (Post 23255815)
Does anyone else get a ridiculous amount of questions when using the money withdrawn from the AFT?

EVERY time I've gone to WM to get a MO they freak out and say "why is this ONLY in 20s?" I state because that's the only way ATMs dispense money. Then one time they acted really concerned that all the 20s weren't lined up properly. I didn't know ATMS had to have each and every bill lined up in the exact same manner either!

I guess in the future I'm just going to organize them all.

If only I had more places to get MOs... the grocery stores around me have a max of $350 per MO and they didn't even believe me when I said WM had a much higher limit.

what about buying your MO at the post office, since its cash they will take it.