FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

BrandonDuh Jul 19, 2014 6:28 pm

AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities

I just got my first AFT using my AA exec card, bought separately from other items and had a fraud alert. Tried to clear through text, swiped again and declined. Made the call, rep cleared the alert and had me try again while on the phone and everything went through fine.

ellingwood Jul 21, 2014 10:51 am

My second permanent AFT card just arrived in the mail. Its been about 3 weeks since I purchased the temp card in store. I had a few problems registering these cards online. Here is what I've learned:

First activate the card online, then create your AFT online account.

You will need a unique AFT online account for each card. I could not figure out how to link two cards to one account. The CSR I dealt with couldn't do it either.

I had a frustrating time creating an account for card #2. I kept going through the registration process, and when it was finally over, the account would be linked to card #1. I solved this issue by clearing my browser history and registering in incognito mode. I now have one account for card #1 and one for card #2.

You can change your pin to something easier to remember by calling the number on the back of your card (888-872-9105). Make sure you first log onto your account and note the default pin number provided by AMEX.

I'm not sure I'll use these things much, but they are a nice backup plan to have available for liquidating GCs or getting a bit of quick spend.

Tuppins Jul 21, 2014 10:59 am

Originally Posted by ellingwood (Post 23231834)
You will need a unique AFT online account for each card. I could not figure out how to link two cards to one account. The CSR I dealt with couldn't do it either.

This is not true. There should be a link (lefthand menu, I think) to "add a card" if you only have one. Max of two cards per person (SSN).
(Welcome to Flyertalk)

workaccounttoday Jul 21, 2014 11:06 am

That's good info now that my second card is on the way!

ellingwood Jul 21, 2014 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Tuppins (Post 23231885)
This is not true. There should be a link (lefthand menu, I think) to "add a card" if you only have one. Max of two cards per person (SSN).
(Welcome to Flyertalk)

I saw that button and figured it would allow me to link both cards to one account. It seems like a pretty obvious feature, but it always returns this message: "Sorry, but the information you entered does not match our records. Please try again. If the error persists, call Customer Service at 1-888-872-9105."

The error has persisted (shocking, isn't it?), and customer service told me to create a second account. I've found the online interface to pretty buggy, so maybe this problem is not widespread. Either way, now that I have both pins, I don't plan to log on very often and I'll settle for two accounts.

Thanks for the welcome!

lamscott Jul 21, 2014 11:20 am

Originally Posted by ellingwood (Post 23231977)
I saw that button and figured it would allow me to link both cards to one account. It seems like a pretty obvious feature, but it always returns this message: "Sorry, but the information you entered does not match our records. Please try again. If the error persists, call Customer Service at 1-888-872-9105."

The error has persisted (shocking, isn't it?), and customer service told me to create a second account. I've found the online interface to pretty buggy, so maybe this problem is not widespread. Either way, now that I have both pins, I don't plan to log on very often and I'll settle for two accounts.

Thanks for the welcome!

I am having the same problems right now and have been on the phone with them for a while. I only need the pin for my second card. The foreign customer service is excruciatingly poor.

jan_believes Jul 21, 2014 11:32 am

RE: Post 2252. Thank you for sharing your info; helpful. :)

jan_believes Jul 21, 2014 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Bidu (Post 23209517)
Tried to load $1k and pay with $100 AGC + cc. After i slide the first AGC, it asks for my signature right away n got declined. I didn't mention for split payment. Is anyone know why it got decline? I thought we dont need to mention for split payment with a GC.

While I am just starting on this and don't understand it well, I do understand when the inside instructions address specifically how to do a split payment.

That's really the first resource or a specific FT post detailing the instructions, also. Assumption doesn't always work.

lamscott Jul 21, 2014 11:41 am

If anyone has a problem setting up the second card. Just have american express mail you the pin.

skibum3d Jul 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by lamscott (Post 23232115)
If anyone has a problem setting up the second card. Just have american express mail you the pin.

Except you'll wait 7 days for it.

smoothmunkey Jul 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tuppins (Post 23231885)

Yes, this is correct. Although some people (e.g., ellingwood mentioned in #2522) may have issues, those issues are not universal.

rtwvagabond Jul 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Great, got the letter stating they couldn't verify my identity. Called in and CSR told me they would 'escalate' it (whatever that means). I'm not optimistic. Guess I'll just have to liquidate my initial load via AP. Was looking forward to using the card for MS.

payeco Jul 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by rtwvagabond (Post 23234072)
Great, got the letter stating they couldn't verify my identity. Called in and CSR told me they would 'escalate' it (whatever that means). I'm not optimistic. Guess I'll just have to liquidate my initial load via AP. Was looking forward to using the card for MS.

This happened to my GF recently. My guess is because she had just changed the address on her license less and a month before she tried to get a AFT. I meant to call them back and ask what the problem was but forgot. Will do it sometime this week. Already liquidated the temp card.

fulthrust7 Jul 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by rtwvagabond (Post 23234072)

make sure your address on your DL matches the address your provide them. This happened to me and I could not get approved. A year later still denied. I finally called them and they had to manually remove some block.

thejson Jul 21, 2014 8:22 pm

also had the address issue.

I tried to change the address online to match the DL address and will see if that works.