FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

zgrzfg Nov 14, 2014 8:31 am

Loaded $1k at Target yesterday but the fund did not show up in my AFT account today and the charge already posted in my CC account. called Amex right now and the indian reps says he can not do anything but ask me to go back to the Target store to get refunded. ...! there is nothing to do with Target!

jackiesyu Nov 14, 2014 9:42 am

Originally Posted by zgrzfg (Post 23841154)
Loaded $1k at Target yesterday but the fund did not show up in my AFT account today and the charge already posted in my CC account. called Amex right now and the indian reps says he can not do anything but ask me to go back to the Target store to get refunded. ...! there is nothing to do with Target!

Had similar experience as you and the indian representative asked me to fax in receipts. Asked for a supervisor and the supervisor told me that I will hear back in 24 hours...Based on previous posts, this probably means nothing will happen but I will give them this and see what happens tomorrow...

tracerit Nov 14, 2014 9:36 pm

I had to call two times and both never asked for receipts and they acknowledged it was a computer error. I was told they'd email them supervisor and I would get the money put back within a day the first time. Didn't get it so I called again and was told within 48 hours. Oddly enough I got the money back exactly on the 48th hour lol. Just make sure when you call, have them put notes on your account.

jackiesyu Nov 15, 2014 10:24 am

Just to update, my account actually got the money credited back, so it works out fine for me. They did make it work in 24 hours, will give them credit for that, but having to call in to fix the situation, it is very very annoying.

esw30 Nov 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Anyone know if AFT cards are eligible for Amex Sync offers and/or Small Business Saturday?
Thanks!

ericdabbs Nov 19, 2014 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by esw30 (Post 23869445)
Anyone know if AFT cards are eligible for Amex Sync offers and/or Small Business Saturday?
Thanks!

Nope...according to FM.

The following cards are not eligible for Amex Offers:
American Express gift cards
American Express Prepaid card
American Express Campus Edition card
American Express for Target card
REDbird: Target Prepaid REDcard
Authorized user accounts for cards issued by banks other than Amex

Tuppins Nov 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by esw30 (Post 23869445)
Thanks!

I doubt it.

jan_believes Nov 21, 2014 12:16 pm

This recently happened to me this past week with word "void" shown on the AFT card transaction history. Happened same day as the load transaction.

I checked Barclays and it was posted within 48 hours. I thought perhaps the process would work itself out with Target or AFT pulling back the charge without consumer action. I will wait 7 days, then, push it up a notch, starting with a phone call. Sounds like it will require more than one call....

TheDapperDon Nov 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by jan_believes (Post 23877671)
This recently happened to me this past week with word "void" shown on the AFT card transaction history. Happened same day as the load transaction.

I checked Barclays and it was posted within 48 hours. I thought perhaps the process would work itself out with Target or AFT pulling back the charge without consumer action. I will wait 7 days, then, push it up a notch, starting with a phone call. Sounds like it will require more than one call....

I thought the coast was clear on this. I was about to do some loads this weekend.

dpd82 Nov 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by jan_believes (Post 23877671)

Sorry this happened to you all. Just as a datapoint, on 11/19, I loaded two AFTs with an AGC and both showed up on my AFT accounts.

FindAWay Nov 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon (Post 23877871)
I thought the coast was clear on this. I was about to do some loads this weekend.

I think the load issues are unpredictable and random. I've loaded AFTs several times since my voided load issue without a problem; but, I also had 1 of 6 Redbird purchases fail (different store than my AFT load issue) with the same mini "We're Sorry!" receipt. YMMV

liw5215 Nov 22, 2014 11:30 am

info needed

can I buy it at the store using my DL/SSN for a family member? he will later register under his own SSN. Thanks in advance!

seahawksunite Nov 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215 (Post 23881659)
can I buy it at the store using my DL/SSN for a family member? he will later register under his own SSN. Thanks in advance!

Nope, AFT is registered to you with your SSN.

mplst Nov 22, 2014 9:52 pm

I loaded 4 cards today, one failure. Reported balance was N/A. Indian call center told me to fax in receipt and it would be resolved in a matter of hours. going on 10 hours, 2nd call no funds on the card. Currently on hold...

TatorTodd Nov 25, 2014 1:59 pm

I live in the SF Bay Area, and work in the east bay...

I've been having problems with two specific Targets where they say they are no longer allowed to load them due to fraud concerns. Luckily, I have a ton of Targets around me....