FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

sosamo Jul 13, 2014 1:17 pm

It looks like cc works. But any Datapoints for loading with agc recently?

somdave2005 Jul 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 23189652)

I loaded $1K AGC yesterday in California.

smoothmunkey Jul 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Worked on Friday in NY.

payeco Jul 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Loaded three AFTs each with a $1K AGC on Friday. Did one at a cashier and 2 at customer service. Had an odd experience at the cashier. She wanted to verify my ID. Not with the payment card but with the AFT. Not sure why..

babehwa Jul 13, 2014 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by payeco (Post 23184026)
Activated 2 new cards with $497 each from a $1k AGC. Went back later and loaded $997 to three permanent AFT cards with $1K AGCs. No issues what so ever.

These were at a store in a state that has never carried AFT. The register software still allows them to work.

Originally Posted by smoothmunkey (Post 23184669)
Loaded two around 3pm yesterday in NY with two AGC. No problems. Hopefully just a glitch.

Thanks for the data points.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to give another try these days. Wasn't so sure what was going on, so I just spent the AGCs on other GCs to liquidate on the same day. All AGCs were working all right at other merchants. It was really annoying to keep having the "Cards Not Approved" messages. I also came home, checked the available amount to load for the period, and was pretty sure I still had 1K left for the load. I guess I'm just gonna give AFT some time of rest, and go back maybe another week later.

ftomasze Jul 14, 2014 12:00 am

Originally Posted by babehwa (Post 23191733)
Thanks for the data points.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to give another try these days. Wasn't so sure what was going on, so I just spent the AGCs on other GCs to liquidate on the same day. All AGCs were working all right at other merchants. It was really annoying to keep having the "Cards Not Approved" messages. I also came home, checked the available amount to load for the period, and was pretty sure I still had 1K left for the load. I guess I'm just gonna give AFT some time of rest, and go back maybe another week later.

Last week it took me 2 stores to get someone who would load with AGC, despite being reeducated on the AFT T&Cs.

babehwa Jul 14, 2014 12:34 am

Originally Posted by ftomasze (Post 23191825)
Last week it took me 2 stores to get someone who would load with AGC, despite being reeducated on the AFT T&Cs.

You probably didn't see my previous post on Friday. My problem wasn't unwilling CSRs, but more a system rejection on AGCs. The CSRs know me by face already, and they have no problem loading for me at all with any type of GCs.

pspaster Jul 14, 2014 6:08 am

Loaded two cards yesterday using $2K AGC. Everything drained fine, paid the $6 balance on credit. Only hiccup was my initial misspeak asking to reload my 'target card' :)

Maryland.

unkinected Jul 14, 2014 7:38 am

Anyone in Central FL using these? I've been debating for awhile on trying these, but I read one South FL user's posts that said they couldn't get anything to work, and all my local Targets don't carry these and, when asked, tell me Target discontinued these a year ago. I'm wondering if FL has been left in the dust here.

smoothmunkey Jul 14, 2014 8:38 am

When you do a split load using GC plus balance on CC or another GC, does the CC pad request a signature after each payment swipe?

skibum3d Jul 14, 2014 9:29 am

Originally Posted by smoothmunkey (Post 23193183)
When you do a split load using GC plus balance on CC or another GC, does the CC pad request a signature after each payment swipe?

Nope. Just one signature regardless of number of swipes.

Tuppins Jul 14, 2014 11:06 am

Loaded 4 AFT using AGC over lunch today. No glitches, except that the cashier kept making eyes at me.

VizeL Jul 14, 2014 4:26 pm

I ended up getting only a partial dispense, and my transaction history is NOT showing a reversal.

Does anyone know if the reversal takes a while to show?

Edit: Called...told me to call back in 2-3 days to dispute...hassle

EightBall Jul 15, 2014 8:07 am

Looking for some advice on this situation:

I loaded my Amex for Target card in a Target store with an American Express Hilton Hhnonors card for a total amount of $1003 (1000 plus fee). Machine printed out a receipt saying "We're sorry. We're not quite finished processing your request. Your request should be complete within the next 24 hours." 24 hours later, my account shows a value load of 1000 and a void of 1000. So the money is not in my account. I call up AfT card and they ask me to fax in receipt, which I do. (By the way, this thread mentions other examples of this situation and says that after faxing in the receipt some have had the funds manually credited to their AfT account.) Call back the next day and they say the funds were returned. At this point I check my Amex Hhonors account and see that the charge has officially posted on my Hhonors card. Call AfT again, and they say it was voided, money was returned so dispute with my credit card. I open a dispute. Two months later, Amex closes the dispute (not in my favor) saying they contacted the merchant (Target) who said they forwarded the money to AfT and thus the problem was not with Target, but with AfT. I call AfT again and they say again it was "voided" money was returned to Target.

So here's my current situation. $1003 charge on Hhnonors card now due. AfT says they don't have the money, Target does. In the dispute, Target said they gave to money to AfT. I guess my next step is to go to the Target store, ask customer service to pull up the receipt/transaction and see if they can figure out what happnened, but honestly I expect this to go nowhere.

Any suggestions on how to get this fixed? Really, if I could get in touch with the right person, it should be easy to follow the electronic money trail and figure out where my $1003 is. But I have no way of finding the right person. I'm going to file a complaint today with http://www.dfs.ny.gov/consumer/fileacomplaint.htm, but I don't know if this will help as they say they don't try to resolve every individual complaint. Are there any other regulators that it would be worth filing a complaint with?

Barring any new developments in the next few days, I will also probably file a small claims lawsuit. This is undesirable because 1) this should have been easier to fix, 2) I don't want to miss work to get my money back but will if I have to - it's a lot of money, and 3) I'm not even entirely sure who to sue, Target or Amex for Target as both claim the other one has my money.

So any advice would be welcome. (And don't worry, I'm not concerned about floating the money - just about getting it back!)

smoothmunkey Jul 15, 2014 8:19 am

Originally Posted by EightBall (Post 23198854)
Looking for some advice on this situation:

I loaded my Amex for Target card in a Target store with an American Express Hilton Hhnonors card for a total amount of $1003 (1000 plus fee). Machine printed out a receipt saying "We're sorry. We're not quite finished processing your request. Your request should be complete within the next 24 hours." 24 hours later, my account shows a value load of 1000 and a void of 1000. So the money is not in my account. I call up AfT card and they ask me to fax in receipt, which I do. (By the way, this thread mentions other examples of this situation and says that after faxing in the receipt some have had the funds manually credited to their AfT account.) Call back the next day and they say the funds were returned. At this point I check my Amex Hhonors account and see that the charge has officially posted on my Hhonors card. Call AfT again, and they say it was voided, money was returned so dispute with my credit card. I open a dispute. Two months later, Amex closes the dispute (not in my favor) saying they contacted the merchant (Target) who said they forwarded the money to AfT and thus the problem was not with Target, but with AfT. I call AfT again and they say again it was "voided" money was returned to Target.

So here's my current situation. $1003 charge on Hhnonors card now due. AfT says they don't have the money, Target does. In the dispute, Target said they gave to money to AfT. I guess my next step is to go to the Target store, ask customer service to pull up the receipt/transaction and see if they can figure out what happnened, but honestly I expect this to go nowhere.

Any suggestions on how to get this fixed? Really, if I could get in touch with the right person, it should be easy to follow the electronic money trail and figure out where my $1003 is. But I have no way of finding the right person. I'm going to file a complaint today with http://www.dfs.ny.gov/consumer/fileacomplaint.htm, but I don't know if this will help as they say they don't try to resolve every individual complaint. Are there any other regulators that it would be worth filing a complaint with?

Barring any new developments in the next few days, I will also probably file a small claims lawsuit. This is undesirable because 1) this should have been easier to fix, 2) I don't want to miss work to get my money back but will if I have to - it's a lot of money, and 3) I'm not even entirely sure who to sue, Target or Amex for Target as both claim the other one has my money.

So any advice would be welcome. (And don't worry, I'm not concerned about floating the money - just about getting it back!)

Small claims sounds like a reasonable avenue for this. Are you located in NY? SCC has night sessions, so you might not need to miss work.

You can sue both parties, Target and Amex/AFT, in the same suit. It would then be on them to figure out who has the money.

(Disclaimer: This is neither intended nor should be interpreted as legal advice - it is just friendly advice from another FTer.)