FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

sosamo Apr 9, 2014 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by mleyd (Post 22678091)
AFT is obviously not the best way to MS but it is A way to MS for miles and points. I use it to meet min spend and then I put $800 a month on 2 AFT cards. I shop at Target often and live directly across the street from a fee free ATM. It's not going to get me an Explorer Award with AA (but then again, nothing will anymore), but every little bit counts. It's slightly less than the current 100% trade bonus for US Air points at 1.5 cents a mile with my US card but I am starting to rack up my Club Carlson points and get 5/$1 with that card and I value those points very highly.

Hi, is the ATM machine a CU, etc?

I am trying to search for a no fee ATM in my area, but not sure what to look for other than visiting all the atm machines.

mleyd Apr 9, 2014 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22678354)
Hi, is the ATM machine a CU, etc?

I am trying to search for a no fee ATM in my area, but not sure what to look for other than visiting all the atm machines.

It's a Wawa gas station. I suggest doing a google maps search for banks in your area and searching their sites for info on ATM fees. I believe Navy Federal may be fee free, never tried using their ATM with another card.

vinhboy Apr 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Damnit. I should have tried finding a fee-free ATM before signing up for this card. Tried like 4 different CUs with no luck. Anyone in Sacramento, CA have a tip for me?

sosamo Apr 10, 2014 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by vinhboy (Post 22683588)
Damnit. I should have tried finding a fee-free ATM before signing up for this card. Tried like 4 different CUs with no luck. Anyone in Sacramento, CA have a tip for me?

I am in SoCal, anybody with tips let me know also :D

p.s. my costco don't have an ATM machine.

al456456 Apr 11, 2014 12:57 am

I have read and done research, but having a difficult time trying to purchase ATF....

Has anyone been able to buy this anywhere in Florida lately?

I have been to many (over 15) Target Stores in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Orlando in the last month and they did not have any.

At 2 Super Targets (in Miramar) I found the original display for them, but no Amex for target cards where available anywhere. I asked management and they said that they had not received any in a long time.

Please help me, if you know where I might be able to find them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

sosamo Apr 11, 2014 2:38 pm

I think the Store locator on AMEX.com is not accurate. Even though it says the store sells it, most of the time the store do not have the cards, just the card board display box.

I was lucky to find 2 out of 5 stores in SoCal that had them. The other 3 stores, the employees didn't even know what they are. Last night I went to one of those stores to load my card, the 2 cashiers just gave me a blank stare. I told them,"swipe it, and the there will be onscreen instructions".

side note. I have been complaining about my new Citi Hilton Reserve. I had to call the fraud dept twice. I was able to get 1 charge in for $500 at Target, but after that got denied a few more times. I am still able to use the card to buy lunch, but now I have to call citi for a 3rd time. I guess once I am done with the required spend, I am done with this card.

MDWCommuter Apr 11, 2014 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22690043)
side note. I have been complaining about my new Citi Hilton Reserve. I had to call the fraud dept twice. I was able to get 1 charge in for $500 at Target, but after that got denied a few more times. I am still able to use the card to buy lunch, but now I have to call citi for a 3rd time. I guess once I am done with the required spend, I am done with this card.

Call Citi and give them hell. I had this same problem -- every single bloody time I loaded my AFT at Target since the breach I've been getting fraud alerts. So I called Citi and told them to knock it off or I was canceling the card. Done. Smooth sailing since then.

sosamo Apr 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter (Post 22690851)
Call Citi and give them hell. I had this same problem -- every single bloody time I loaded my AFT at Target since the breach I've been getting fraud alerts. So I called Citi and told them to knock it off or I was canceling the card. Done. Smooth sailing since then.

Thanks. I called them twice. Have to do it a 3rd time. Maybe tonight. I tried online chat, they said sorry, but I still have to call in.

Call #2 I told them I want to make a complaint, and they sorry, and that they already noted it.

HiYoSilver Apr 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by mleyd (Post 22678091)
AFT is obviously not the best way to MS but it is A way to MS for miles and points. I use it to meet min spend and then I put $800 a month on 2 AFT cards. I shop at Target often and live directly across the street from a fee free ATM. It's not going to get me an Explorer Award with AA (but then again, nothing will anymore), but every little bit counts. It's slightly less than the current 100% trade bonus for US Air points at 1.5 cents a mile with my US card but I am starting to rack up my Club Carlson points and get 5/$1 with that card and I value those points very highly.

+1

xoxx Apr 18, 2014 5:03 pm

I purchased the card one week ago and still haven't received a hard copy and website still says "once your personal info is verified"
How long does it take?

MauiKauaiOahu Apr 18, 2014 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by xoxx (Post 22726566)
I purchased the card one week ago and still haven't received a hard copy and website still says "once your personal info is verified"
How long does it take?

I purchased my on 4/8/14. I only received my permanent card yesterday 4/17/14 so it took 9 days.

Did you use the temporary card to log in to the website?
I think it asked me questions when I logged in to "verify" my information.
I don't know if that was a required step.

sethjvm Apr 19, 2014 7:30 am

It took me about 9 days as well but it felt like much longer.

MDJennings Apr 19, 2014 3:11 pm

Instead of worrying about the ATM withdrawal fees, couldn't we just load the AFT to the Amex card issued in collaboration with another giant retailer *cough*?

These AFTs have a PIN, so why would there by any reason why it wouldn't work?

Domat Apr 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by MDJennings (Post 22729759)
Instead of worrying about the ATM withdrawal fees, couldn't we just load the AFT to the Amex card issued in collaboration with another giant retailer *cough*?

These AFTs have a PIN, so why would there by any reason why it wouldn't work?

it is an ATM pin. Does not work as a debit. You need the latter for WM to BB.

kingrat Apr 19, 2014 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by al456456 (Post 22686617)
I have read and done research, but having a difficult time trying to purchase ATF....

Has anyone been able to buy this anywhere in Florida lately?

I have been to many (over 15) Target Stores in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Orlando in the last month and they did not have any.

At 2 Super Targets (in Miramar) I found the original display for them, but no Amex for target cards where available anywhere. I asked management and they said that they had not received any in a long time.

Please help me, if you know where I might be able to find them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

One store in Jacksonville does but they didnt know how to load it