FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

QL_714 Nov 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by karenfly (Post 19742843)
Have anyone get money from ATM successfully? I tried in Costco today, i was asked to select checking, saving or credit card, i do not know what to do. Any help?

Credit card.

karenfly Nov 25, 2012 2:11 pm

I tried both checking and credit card, and got receipts with 'unable to complete'.
Not sure why. Have you indeed withdraw the money or just raeasonable guess?

Originally Posted by QL_714 (Post 19742857)
Credit card.

QL_714 Nov 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by karenfly (Post 19743027)
I tried both checking and credit card, and got receipts with 'unable to complete'.

You could say I did a few withdraws! :)

forextrader Nov 26, 2012 3:29 am

Originally Posted by karenfly (Post 19743027)

This seems to be dependant on the bank atm network - Last week tried using Target Amex in Ponce de Leon Bank ATM, and got the "unable to complete".

Went 3 doors down to Chase ATM - no problems withdrawing.

Suggest you try a different bank ATM.

drdrew450 Nov 30, 2012 1:22 pm

Anyone know if you can use the target amex card with the pin to get cash back like a normal debit card?

Or use it to fund bluebird with the pin at walmart?

chinookie Nov 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Does anyone know if you can load funds onto a TargetAmEx card at a Target that does not sell the cards?

The places where the cards are sold are quite limited (around me - nearest one is hours away). I could pick one up the next time I'm in that area (I go rarely) but only if I could load it at one of the many Target stores that are nearby. If I have to drive a long ways to even load it, it's obviously not worth it.

Thanks.

abuelo Nov 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by chinookie (Post 19773366)
Does anyone know if you can load funds onto a TargetAmEx card at a Target that does not sell the cards?

The places where the cards are sold are quite limited (around me - nearest one is hours away). I could pick one up the next time I'm in that area (I go rarely) but only if I could load it at one of the many Target stores that are nearby. If I have to drive a long ways to even load it, it's obviously not worth it.

Thanks.

I've loaded at other Target stores many times, so the answer is yes.

oozze Dec 2, 2012 10:08 am

when loading amex target with gift cards, do you have to register those gift cards first or i dont need to?

Non-NonRev Dec 2, 2012 10:30 am

Originally Posted by chinookie (Post 19773366)
Does anyone know if you can load funds onto a TargetAmEx card at a Target that does not sell the cards? The places where the cards are sold are quite limited (around me - nearest one is hours away). I could pick one up the next time I'm in that area (I go rarely) but only if I could load it at one of the many Target stores that are nearby. If I have to drive a long ways to even load it, it's obviously not worth it.

When you go to the Customer Service desk, the Target worker will swipe the card through the register - his/her screen will them prompt them through the reload process. Since Target uses the same POS system nationwide, location should not matter.

tonyflyer Dec 8, 2012 11:11 am

Q1: read the posts before you :p

Q2: no.

Originally Posted by drdrew450 (Post 19773242)
Anyone know if you can use the target amex card with the pin to get cash back like a normal debit card?

Or use it to fund bluebird with the pin at walmart?

FederalFlyer Dec 8, 2012 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by oozze (Post 19782093)
when loading amex target with gift cards, do you have to register those gift cards first or i dont need to?

Does anyone know the answer to this? PM's are welcome.

Michael Belisle Dec 8, 2012 2:27 pm

don't think so. I've done visa gift cards from grocery stores and didn't register those

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer (Post 19819446)

farwest101 Dec 8, 2012 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer (Post 19819446)

Sadly, looks like they have stopped allowing Target Amex prepaids to be loaded with Amex GCs. My usual gc load was denied today on the screen after swiping and giving last 4 digits of my gc. Worked like a charm before. Anyone having similar issues?

Bums me out as this was a prime method of gc churn for me...

AlohaDaveKennedy Dec 8, 2012 4:02 pm

Maybe because they were too little to wail?:p Personally I like banks that are too big to fail because they are just the right size to flail!:p

Originally Posted by balima (Post 16829530)
Look for locally owned banks. They are also friendlier and they didn't get money in the bailout...

AlohaDaveKennedy Dec 8, 2012 4:04 pm

Since AMEX can tell they are gift cards being used it would not surprize me that they would play the mint card.

Originally Posted by farwest101 (Post 19820397)
Sadly, looks like they have stopped allowing Target Amex prepaids to be loaded with Amex GCs. My usual gc load was denied today on the screen after swiping and giving last 4 digits of my gc. Worked like a charm before. Anyone having similar issues?

Bums me out as this was a prime method of gc churn for me...