FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

booyaa Dec 18, 12 12:22 am

Originally Posted by mnscout (Post 19877262)
True, and yet it still took the cashier good 15 minutes form start to finish. Oh, well.

Wow, says something about that cashier then. My cashier was also first time doing it too, and did not take that long.

forextrader Dec 18, 12 5:29 am

Originally Posted by windcloud5 (Post 19875518)
Is this happening to me or someone else has experienced this? I purchased a Target Amex prepaid and got a letter from Amex saying they can't identify me. BTW, I have 3 CC with Amex. So I called Amex and gave them my info on the phone. They said they will try to re-verify it. Mean while I went to Target and bought another Amex prepaid. And I received another letter from amex saying they can't verify my ID for the second Amex card I purchased. I have to call them again to give them my info. Now it has been 2.5 weeks sinced I purchase the first card and 1.5 weeks since I purchased the second card. I still haven't receive my Pin nor my permanent Amex card. How long do people have to wait for the permanent card after they called and gave Amex their personal info?

This happened to my mother. After 4 weeks, she still did not get her permanent cards. I then asked her to look at her ID and tell me EXACTLY how the address appeared - I then looked at the profile details on Amex Target website - and there was a slight difference.

ID: (not real address - for example)

32 Lyons Ter2f (so Terrace abbreviated with 1 r, no space for apartment and lower case f)

Amex Target

32 Lyons Terr Apt 2F

Once I corrected the Amex Target to be EXACTLY like the scanned ID, she received both cards a few days later .

umc Dec 18, 12 11:24 pm

Has anyone tried to load the Target Amex with a US Bank credit card? I want to load $1000 on my Target Amex using the Club Carlson US Bank card, but I am not sure if the transaction will be processed as cash advance. Any input is appreciated.

booyaa Dec 18, 12 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by umc (Post 19884010)
Has anyone tried to load the Target Amex with a US Bank credit card? I want to load $1000 on my Target Amex using the Club Carlson US Bank card, but I am not sure if the transaction will be processed as cash advance. Any input is appreciated.

well, someone moved in quick on the CC card hmm? :)

apolloms Dec 19, 12 8:11 am

any way to sign up for this card online? no Targets in my state sell the sign up card

umc Dec 19, 12 10:28 am

Originally Posted by booyaa (Post 19884032)
well, someone moved in quick on the CC card hmm? :)

I just want to get the minimum spending requirement done as soon as possible.

amolkold Dec 20, 12 2:27 am

Originally Posted by umc (Post 19884010)

And why would it be charged as a cash advance?

sam007 Dec 22, 12 4:42 pm

guys - this may be a stupid question but I'm handling all this for my mom. do you think i can simply present her credit card and driving license without her being present and pull this off?

the_jaguar Dec 22, 12 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by sam007 (Post 19907048)
guys - this may be a stupid question but I'm handling all this for my mom. do you think i can simply present her credit card and driving license without her being present and pull this off?

lol no! that's called identity theft. The person who is applying for the card has to be there.

saltytheseagull Dec 23, 12 11:21 am

Originally Posted by sam007 (Post 19907048)

They ask for her social too.

How long has it been taking to get the permanent card? I applied yesterday and had the address shipped to a different address than I will be at for the next week and a half. Wonder if I made a mistake and can change it.

the_jaguar Dec 23, 12 11:48 am

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull (Post 19910251)
They ask for her social too.

How long has it been taking to get the permanent card? I applied yesterday and had the address shipped to a different address than I will be at for the next week and a half. Wonder if I made a mistake and can change it.

it takes anywhere between 7 to 10 days.

MDWCommuter Dec 23, 12 5:16 pm

Yikes. I'm 0 for 2 at Target. Yesterday's Target (New! In the West Loop) doesn't carry them.

Today went to the Mother of All Targets on Logan Blvd and found them! Picked one up and the cashier seemed to know exactly what to do. In fact she was so fast that there was some incorrect information entered so we had to cancel that start over. Sadly that action used up my one a day app. The second time thru the register denied me, so now must go back tomorrow to try again :( i walked out empty handed.

Moral of the story: you get one shot and one shot only per day to buy one, so go slowly and make sure everything is entered correctly as you go thru the process. Don't let the cashier tell you that you can cancel it at then end, you can't.

the_jaguar Dec 23, 12 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter (Post 19911589)
Yikes. I'm 0 for 2 at Target. Yesterday's Target (New! In the West Loop) doesn't carry them.

Today went to the Mother of All Targets on Logan Blvd and found them! Picked one up and the cashier seemed to know exactly what to do. In fact she was so fast that there was some incorrect information entered so we had to cancel that start over. Sadly that action used up my one a day app. The second time thru the register denied me, so now must go back tomorrow to try again :( i walked out empty handed.

Moral of the story: you get one shot and one shot only per day to buy one, so go slowly and make sure everything is entered correctly as you go thru the process. Don't let the cashier tell you that you can cancel it at then end, you can't.

that's such a bummer.. I would have asked the cashier to let me walk out with an unactivated card, just to ensure that I don't go back tomorrow to realize that all the cards are gone!

windcloud5 Dec 24, 12 12:57 am

Originally Posted by the_jaguar (Post 19911984)
that's such a bummer.. I would have asked the cashier to let me walk out with an unactivated card, just to ensure that I don't go back tomorrow to realize that all the cards are gone!

LoL, these are the Amex prepaid for target (APT) we are talking about, not VR. There are boxes of these in the target I go to. Here is a little story of me dealing with Amex on these cards. After I bought the APT, I got a letter from Amex telling me they can't identify who I am. I called them to give them my information on 12/02, as of today I still haven't receive my permanent card. So I called Amex again today and they said they will "expedite" my request and told me to call back on Christmas day.

the_jaguar Dec 24, 12 2:19 am

Originally Posted by windcloud5 (Post 19912924)
LoL, these are the Amex prepaid for target (APT) we are talking about, not VR. There are boxes of these in the target I go to. Here is a little story of me dealing with Amex on these cards. After I bought the APT, I got a letter from Amex telling me they can't identify who I am. I called them to give them my information on 12/02, as of today I still haven't receive my permanent card. So I called Amex again today and they said they will "expedite" my request and told me to call back on Christmas day.

well, good that your target has a lot of them available. The target I went to, I got the last one. I looked around for another one for my wife, and couldn't find any...

I got my permanent card somewhere between 7 and 10 days. I guess I was a bit lucky because the address on my account was missing a letter in the city.