FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

reaper99999 Dec 24, 12 3:40 am

Yea, I believe only the stores that carry the reloads do the reloads. So it's prolly no good if your local targets dont carry them and you try to get one from an store not in your area.

reaper99999 Dec 24, 12 3:43 am

Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891 (Post 19875758)

Originally Posted by the_jaguar (Post 19837732)
all target stores can - btw, this question has been asked before on this very thread and been answered.

Not true. Tried reloading my card at a Target in NC and it was a no go. Went to customer service and same thing happened, so unless i'm doing something wrong, I don't think all stores can reload the cards.

Yea, I believe only the Targets that sell the reload cards can do reloads. So basically there is no use in getting a card from a Target outside your area if none of the Targets in your area sells the reload cards.

michael160 Dec 24, 12 5:35 am

Originally Posted by reaper99999 (Post 19913201)
Yea, I believe only the Targets that sell the reload cards can do reloads. So basically there is no use in getting a card from a Target outside your area if none of the Targets in your area sells the reload cards.

many people have posted that any target can reload the card, whether or or not they actually sell it. Now getting a cashier that knows what they are doing...that's a different story

Marathon Man Dec 24, 12 6:05 am

Originally Posted by michael160 (Post 19913371)
many people have posted that any target can reload the card, whether or or not they actually sell it. Now getting a cashier that knows what they are doing...that's a different story

Yes and then you have ones who THINK something is or is not policy, and ones who get offended if you seem to know more than they do, and ones who need to get the manager and the manager feels this same way, or ones who WONT do anything for you even if they can just because for the moment, they have the power and you do not, and so on. It is all luck. And once you do get a good one who knows things, you find yourself hoping he or she is there when you go, and then others think you must be running some sort of scheme so they move that clerk to some other area or store to break up whatever may be going on in their minds. Even if there is not, and all you are trying to do is do what the thing is supposed to allow you to do. And of course if you take this higher, then that is a risk that someone may shut you down because they think you have done too much of something, etc etc...

I could go on... but you get the picture.

Nottafatslob Dec 24, 12 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 19913428)
Yes and then you have ones who THINK something is or is not policy, and ones who get offended if you seem to know more than they do, and ones who need to get the manager and the manager feels this same way, or ones who WONT do anything for you even if they can just because for the moment, they have the power and you do not, and so on. It is all luck. And once you do get a good one who knows things, you find yourself hoping he or she is there when you go, and then others think you must be running some sort of scheme so they move that clerk to some other area or store to break up whatever may be going on in their minds. Even if there is not, and all you are trying to do is do what the thing is supposed to allow you to do. And of course if you take this higher, then that is a risk that someone may shut you down because they think you have done too much of something, etc etc...

I could go on... but you get the picture.

Yes and when you approach the CSM on duty watches you on the cameras and if you go into CS the rep gets a call and says ask for his ID regardless what he is doing. Had a nasty woman do this to me at Walmart for 1 stupid MO and when I told her no she got mad. Just think at Target how mad they could get being the SEE RED ALL DAY in there LOL

webazoid Dec 27, 12 11:48 am

Anyone recently charge a $500 Amex Gc to target prepaid?

distantarray Dec 27, 12 10:59 pm

are you able to send money to others with this card?

Like Target to Serve or Bluebird accounts?

mnscout Dec 28, 12 2:17 am

Can't verify. Completely forgot that my drivers license has an old address on it. I've been advised by 3 different reps that it didn't matter and they would verify but today I demanded to speak to a supervisor and he said it's not going to happen. He told me to get another card. Asked him if another form of ID was acceptable, like a passport, was told no. Asked what if I didn't drive a car. He put me on hold and said to bring some bills to the store. I have a feeling it's a bunch of BS.

ddallas Dec 28, 12 3:33 am

Originally Posted by distantarray (Post 19931189)
are you able to send money to others with this card?

Like Target to Serve or Bluebird accounts?

No.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...card/faqs.html

ddallas Dec 28, 12 3:37 am

Originally Posted by webazoid (Post 19927991)
Anyone recently charge a $500 Amex Gc to target prepaid?

I've never done that but I don't see why that would be a problem. You can buy AMEX gift cards with other AMEX credit cards.

ddallas Dec 28, 12 3:44 am

Originally Posted by mnscout (Post 19931754)
Can't verify. ... He told me to get another card. Asked him if another form of ID was acceptable, like a passport, was told no. Asked what if I didn't drive a car. He put me on hold and said to bring some bills to the store. I have a feeling it's a bunch of BS.

Can't wait to hear how that goes. They have a hard enough time following the prompts on the register without something not following the script. I guess it is worth a try but I think it might be faster to get an updated driver's license.

forextrader Dec 28, 12 5:57 am

My mom had an old New York State "non driver" license ID - she used this to buy her original Amex Target temporary card. Everything worked just fine at the purchase stage.

However, she had huge issues to get her card verified by Amex Target - I did some online research and found out that in 2010 (give or take a year) New York State changed something in the way they produced licenses.

I suggested to my mom that she go to Motor Vehicles and apply for a new ID, which she did.

Once she had new ID, she called Amex Target and asked them to try and verify her address details again - within 24 hours I could see online that her account had been verified.

So I would suggest getting your drivers license updated.

mbodio Dec 28, 12 6:16 am

yes, I have been able to use an Amex Prepaid card to fund my Target card.

nross222 Dec 28, 12 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by reaper99999 (Post 19913201)

This has not been my experience. I bought a card in Colorado (a state where cards are sold at local Target stores) and have refilled that card in Washington (a state where such cards are not sold in my area). No problem. In and out in two minutes.

cardinalkid1891 Dec 28, 12 6:01 pm

Reloading the cards at stores/states that DON'T sell them is definitely a YMMV experience.