FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

y2chen Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 19689763)
I didn't realize that you can't "pull" funds out of BB. It's currently set up as a funding account for my AMEX credit card accounts. I haven't tried paying my CC bills via the main AMEX website, but if you're right, it won't let me. I'm not about to try it now, but what will it say?

I think in the BB thread, someone tried it, their bank applied the funds, and then two days later deducted it again, citing that BB disallowed the transaction or something similar to that. So you won't notice a problem with the initial transaction, but it'll get reversed later on, and you could be out a late fee or something.

DaveInLA Nov 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Has anybody established DD with Target AMEX using ACH push from a bank account of Paypal? When i transferred a few bucks (or even trial deposits) with BB, they're listed as DD on BB's website. But trial deposits show up as "value load" on Target AMEX's website, same as deposits from within the Target store. DD will increase max balance to $10K, which is huge!

booyaa Nov 20, 2012 12:40 am

Those of you who have set up for online access for Target Amex, were you able to use existing Amex ID and password to link Target Amex (like the blue Prepaid Amex)? Or had to create new one?

I tried using existing ID, but after I enter in Target Amex info, it spat out Error 404 page. First call technical support said would work and to wait till ID verified. Second call rep said ID verified but technical support said cannot use same ID....???

I don't have permanent card yet, maybe I should wait for that? Is 4-digit code on temp card same as on permanent card?

DaveInLA Nov 20, 2012 1:30 am

Originally Posted by booyaa (Post 19715573)
Those of you who have set up for online access for Target Amex, were you able to use existing Amex ID and password to link Target Amex (like the blue Prepaid Amex)? Or had to create new one?

I have the permanent Target AMEX as well as the BB AMEX, and both have separate log in names. Not sure why. So I have 3 AMEX log ins-- the main one (including AMEX prepaid), BB, Target.

booyaa Nov 20, 2012 1:32 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 19715675)
I have the permanent Target AMEX as well as the BB AMEX, and both have separate log in names. Not sure why. So I have 3 AMEX log ins-- the main one (including AMEX prepaid), BB, Target.

I know BB requires its own since it has its own domain.

Did you try putting Target Amex in your main Amex login ID before creating a new one for it?

Amex Prepaid works with main, I don't see why Target shouldn't.

DaveInLA Nov 20, 2012 1:49 am

Originally Posted by booyaa (Post 19715681)
I know BB requires its own since it has its own domain.

Did you try putting Target Amex in your main Amex login ID before creating a new one for it?

Amex Prepaid works with main, I don't see why Target shouldn't.

I did; it didn't work. Maybe if I tried harder, it would've worked, I don't know. But I have my new log-in and I've had no issues with it.

booyaa Nov 20, 2012 1:51 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 19715710)
I did; it didn't work. Maybe if I tried harder, it would've worked, I don't know. But I have my new log-in and I've had no issues with it.

Hmm hmm ok thanks! I just wasn't sure which technical support guy was right. Not the end of the world but I would rather not have to create a new one.

DaveInLA Nov 20, 2012 1:53 am

anybody establish DD with Target AMEX?

cliff1371 Nov 20, 2012 1:16 pm

has anyone tried loading BB with permanent amex for target card?

caGALINDO Nov 20, 2012 1:34 pm

target has to be its own separate account. same with bb.

koolr Nov 24, 2012 8:59 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 19715731)
anybody establish DD with Target AMEX?

Any experience on this?

DaveInLA Nov 24, 2012 9:04 am

Originally Posted by koolr (Post 19737487)
Any experience on this?

Yeah, I tried a Paypal transfer and it's just listed as a 'value load' which is the same as if I load it via Target store.

webazoid Nov 24, 2012 9:40 am

i tried to load $1000 first time and it wouldn't let me. is $500 the limit?

AsanteSana Nov 24, 2012 10:29 am

Originally Posted by webazoid (Post 19737657)
i tried to load $1000 first time and it wouldn't let me. is $500 the limit?

$500 is the limit when you load it for the first time on the temp card

karenfly Nov 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Have anyone get money from ATM successfully? I tried in Costco today, i was asked to select checking, saving or credit card, i do not know what to do. Any help?