FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

Haleyb Apr 2, 14 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1 (Post 22637499)
It is loading $1k. The number in parenthesis is the balance.

Exactly. I wrote it out at first, 28 day load on card #1 is... That was way too hard to follow. Pulled it out without notes on 28 day and the logic is too hard to follow and or too hard to figure out how a change in load date effects future loads.

It is complex until it clicks, then it is simple.

Haleyb Apr 2, 14 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Haleyb (Post 22637527)
I'm rethinking the CPM. It wasn't my math, just my format.

5k load, $15
5k unload, no fee ATM at $400 each w/d (odd number because in reality you do 12 w/d in one month 13 the next, to take out $400 every time)

12.5 ATM w/d, 2 free, $3x10.5= $31.50

$5,000/$46.50 or $4.65 per $1000

Costco ATM add 12.5 x1.25 or $6.15 per $1000

1 mile = .0047 or .0062

Check my math, it isn't my strong suit.

I checked my account, it is $400 per ATM transaction. So I'm not sure where the CPM numbers came from. I guess the terms changed since original thread was started.

Costs are less than 1%, time to sign my cat* up for this one!

trossi Apr 2, 14 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Haleyb (Post 22637527)

$5,000/$46.50 or $4.65 per $1000

Check my math, it isn't my strong suit.

There is a problem in this line

Haleyb Apr 2, 14 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by trossi (Post 22637753)
There is a problem in this line

Thanks!

Ack, I did say check my math, lol.
$9.30/$1000 still under 1%
And $12.30/$1000 so 1.23% if you have to pay a Costco fee.

innerspace Apr 2, 14 5:55 pm

Am I missing something obvious or isn't it just easier to buy both cards, load them to the max ($2500), then wait 30 days from that date and then do 3x1000 on three subsequent days on one card and 2x1000 on two subsequent days for card 2? Repeat in 30 days.

sosamo Apr 2, 14 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by innerspace (Post 22638243)
Am I missing something obvious or isn't it just easier to buy both cards, load them to the max ($2500), then wait 30 days from that date and then do 3x1000 on three subsequent days on one card and 2x1000 on two subsequent days for card 2? Repeat in 30 days.

I was thinking the same thing. But I'll follow the Wiki for now. (oh i don't even have the cards yet). Went to a local Target that was on the list of stores that sells them...and none to be found

Also, I have 1k agc. So I should load 997.00 since there is the $3 load fee?

Lastly. There is an Allpoint ATM machine in my Target. From their website, it is supposed to be fee free. Anybody has any inputs on this?

Thanks.

jackiesyu Apr 2, 14 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22638485)
I was thinking the same thing. But I'll follow the Wiki for now. (oh i don't even have the cards yet). Went to a local Target that was on the list of stores that sells them...and none to be found

Also, I have 1k agc. So I should load 997.00 since there is the $3 load fee?

Lastly. There is an Allpoint ATM machine in my Target. From their website, it is supposed to be fee free. Anybody has any inputs on this?

Thanks.

It's up to you on how much you load. You can use another card to pay for the $3 fee. In my experience, you don't have to tell the cashier on paying $1000, it will automatically take its max, and then ask for another tender.

As for allpoint ATM, they will tell you how much they charge if there is a fee before confirm the cash withdraw. There are plenty of "allpoint" ATM around me, but none of them is fee free with Target AMEX...

sosamo Apr 2, 14 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by jackiesyu (Post 22638543)
It's up to you on how much you load. You can use another card to pay for the $3 fee. In my experience, you don't have to tell the cashier on paying $1000, it will automatically take its max, and then ask for another tender.

As for allpoint ATM, they will tell you how much they charge if there is a fee before confirm the cash withdraw. There are plenty of "allpoint" ATM around me, but none of them is fee free with Target AMEX...

Thanks for the info.

bevoinva Apr 3, 14 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Haleyb (Post 22637325)
I redid the wiki with more info on the 3k/2k load pattern. That was really good info that should not be left behind.

I used dates based on being able to load after two days. I was able to load after about 48 hours, but if there are lots of people finding they can't it is easy to move the reloads back 10-14 days and follow the pattern.

I don't understand the change to the wiki regarding:

May load any card *until* balance is $2500 for 28 day period (not *up to*)
What does the 28 day period have to do with the max balance you can carry? You could theoretically load $2500 in a few days; liquidate and then go back and load another $2500 days later. There isn't anything that says you can only load $2500 on a card within a 28 day time frame - just that you can't carry a balance of greater than $2500 on a single card (not taking account the dual loading loophole you added). FAQ from the web site says:

There is no ongoing minimum balance requirement, but the maximum balance you can have on your Card at any given time is $2,500. You can have up to two Cards issued to you. The maximum balance you can carry per Card, at any given time, is $2,500, and you cannot load more than $5,000 across both Cards over a 28 day period.
The only mention of the 28 day period is regarding the $5,000 load limit.

FredFnord Apr 3, 14 12:43 am

Originally Posted by LoneTree (Post 22602908)
Not necessarily. Some stores cannot load them.

*Most* can.

Thanks, that's helpful.

Costs me roughly $5 and an hour to go to a Target that's on the list of ones that carry these things. On the other hand, there's one that doesn't carry them that I walk by on my way home from work. Sounds like, if I'm lucky, these will work for me. But I'll wait until I'm out near the other Target anyway to pick one up to check.

sosamo Apr 3, 14 12:15 pm

I went to 3 Target that supposed to have them. None of the employees know what I am asking for. They kept pointing me to the AMEX gc. Even a lady that have been there for 3 decades didn't know what I was asking for. One employee kinda knew, and said,"I have seen for a long time". I think AMEX stopped shipping cards to Target.

picards007 Apr 3, 14 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by jackiesyu (Post 22638543)

This is great info, thank you. I have experienced on two occasions the CSR screw up a manual split payment and cancel out the transaction only to leave a $1K hold on my AGC.

TheDapperDon Apr 3, 14 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22642304)
I went to 3 Target that supposed to have them. None of the employees know what I am asking for. They kept pointing me to the AMEX gc. Even a lady that have been there for 3 decades didn't know what I was asking for. One employee kinda knew, and said,"I have seen for a long time". I think AMEX stopped shipping cards to Target.

I bought one last month. They can still be found.

babycakes01 Apr 3, 14 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo (Post 22642304)

Yes, the employees at the store where I purchased one yesterday for my wife had no idea what I was talking about. When I finally found the cards, they were displayed only at a single checkout register so I did have to really look to find them. I do not think they have sold many of these because there was a peel off coupon for $3 off the initial load on the front of the package that expired 12-31-2012. I will be getting her card #2 next week.

Good luck.

sosamo Apr 3, 14 6:24 pm

Found a some cards at the 4th Target I went to.