Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
We're partial to the Palace Tower. It seems quiet, almost secluded, compared to the others. Are there certain rooms in Palace Tower to request for view?

Thanks. 5 days....and counting!
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by DH
E books aren't much of use outside of Oahu and Maui.
MissBumpMe! and I found the entertainment book easy to use in Oahu at the HHV. However, while at the HWV it seemed like we were straining to take advantage of it. We did find a Subway while dricing around, though!

The HHV 2-for-1 deals were amazing.
The book paid for itself with just one fabulous dinner.
...we used it at least once a day for 8 days.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 8:15 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BumpMe!
MissBumpMe! and I found the entertainment book easy to use in Oahu at the HHV. However, while at the HWV it seemed like we were straining to take advantage of it. We did find a Subway while dricing around, though!

The HHV 2-for-1 deals were amazing.
The book paid for itself with just one fabulous dinner.
...we used it at least once a day for 8 days.

I come close to paying for my book with one activity alone, a free meal at the Kobe steaks place just around the corner from the HHV's big statue. It's a Benehana type place but a bit more affordable.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 10:05 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks CrAAzy Plat. We're headed there in January on a GLONP2 and didn't know which tower was best to ask for as Diamonds. Shame about the b'fast coupons. Guess we'll become familiar with the gang in the lounge.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 10:21 am

I just got back from HWV a couple weeks ago and loved the upgrade we got to the Ocean Tower. It was a great room on the 4th floor with a direct view of the sunset (though we were outside on the path near the ocean for all of them during our stay). It wasnt a suite but large none the less.

The Gold Lounge in the Palace Tower was okay - I thought it was a bit limited but appreciated not tossing out big bucks for breakfast. It was a short walk to the Palace Tower, which we didnt mind.

Try faxing the General Manager 3-5 days in advance of your stay.

Try the puttputt and dolphin encounter!
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:05 am

This was a year ago, but I sent my request for rooms to this e-mail address about a week before we went and received exactly what I requested:

[email protected]
Old Nov 20, 2004, 6:30 am

Going to Kona as well

Originally Posted by L1011...N/StoHNL!
I'd love to have this info as well ... we leave Sunday for Kona, and a return to HWV!

Can't wait!
Will be there as well starting Tuesday -- hope the weather is great and we have a nice Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 6:32 am

No B'fast coupons

Hate to hear this -- loved this from two years ago.

Interested in getting some current info on restaurants -- any recommendations, outside of the hotel, from your last trip?
Old Nov 30, 2004, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Plat.
HWV or somewhere else - Help me decide

We stayed at HWV 18 months ago as Golds and were given the breakfast coupons, an Ocean Tower upgrade and access to the lounge all on 100K. We thought it would be a great place to bring the kids.

I made Gold this year - but not Diamond (grr) in expectation of knowing that I needed it to insure an identical trip back.

Now, it appears to be substantially watered down. Donuts and under-ripe fruit really are not good breakfast choices as we are protein people. Also, I am not looking forward to the two double beds and four people in one room, although I was willing to put up with it if our stay was like the previous one.

Is there another option on the island for a great value. I would love to stay at the Four Seasons but.....

We normally like to book Westin/Marriott/Hilton timeshares and fix breakfast in. I think the Bay Hilton does not allow access to the HWV, or do they now?

Any advice is appreciated on a 6-7 night stay on the Big Island where you can get a lot of bang for your buck...
Old Dec 1, 2004, 2:46 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Originally Posted by mplanner
We thought it would be a great place to bring the kids.

Now, it appears to be substantially watered down. Donuts and under-ripe fruit really are not good breakfast choices as we are protein people. Also, I am not looking forward to the two double beds and four people in one room, although I was willing to put up with it if our stay was like the previous one.

Is there another option on the island for a great value. I would love to stay at the Four Seasons but.....

We normally like to book Westin/Marriott/Hilton timeshares and fix breakfast in. I think the Bay Hilton does not allow access to the HWV, or do they now?

Any advice is appreciated on a 6-7 night stay on the Big Island where you can get a lot of bang for your buck...
It is a great place with the kids. We are there now, facing just the concerns you cited with the kids and double beds and a pile of luggage. We stayed 6 nights at the new Outrigger Fairway Villas just across the lake from the King's Shops in Waikoloa before blowing some Honors points for a few nights at HWV. We had a 3 bedroom with wonderful space on the fairway. The place was terrific. There is an infinity pool that seems small but ends up being just fine. In addition to granite countertops in the well-equipped kitchen, there are 3 gas grills in a separate grilling area near the pool, and a patio area with table/chairs. I recommend this place without reservation! If you decide to reserve there, try booking through travel-hawaii.com. Their rates beat outrigger.com.

And NO, the Bay Club does NOT provide privileges here at HWV unless you pay the excessive rate according to the people at the HGVC Kohala Suites timeshare presentation.

If you get the chance, go to the Four Seasons for dinner at Pahui'a, the oceanfront restaurant. The kids' menu is extensive and impressive!

No matter what you decide to do, you can't help but enjoy Waikoloa!

Aloha!

Last edited by L1011toHNL; Dec 1, 2004 at 2:51 am
Old Dec 1, 2004, 2:48 am

[duplicate - sorry, my bad]

too short

Last edited by L1011toHNL; Dec 1, 2004 at 2:50 am
Old Dec 10, 2004, 11:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Plat.
Govt. Rate of $150 or ALON2 at HWV

We can either stay 2-6 nights (still planning) at HWV and not sure which will be the better value.

We have about 260K points at this time and may go to Europe 2005 or 2006. Cash stay at Govt rate is attractive and offers more flexibility and if we do go to Europe, maybe those points would be better spent there. We are gold hh.

What do you think.....
Old Dec 10, 2004, 11:35 am

Programs: Free Agent
It depends on where you're going to stay in Europe. If it's a Category 6, your 175K Hilton points would be better spent on a GLONP2 as if you look at it from a price perspective, a night at the HWV might be $175 with taxes, but in Europe it would be $250+ (especially with the Euro conversion rate).

So I'd go with your instinct and use the Government rate. It's too bad us government contractors don't always get the government rate
Old Dec 10, 2004, 5:54 pm

You guys are crunching numbers and not using reality to guide you. Everyone has HH points. The main complaint is that we can't use them. If you decide to save the points for use in Europe and can't, you have to pay the 250 a night or don't go. Even in Hawaii, until you book, you don't have confirm ability to use the HH points. Use them or lose them.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 2:00 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Lightbulb

I vote for money-paying the HWV & using points in Europe.
To answer Sergio's, objection, (try to) reserve award rooms for likely 2005 dates in Europe before you finally decide.

Paris: Eiffel @E240 a night, Arc de Triomphe @E390 a night. Both CAt. 6 = 175K for 6 nights.

Athens: E185 or 25K HH a night (Cat. 3)
London: I haven't checked but it's probably similar to Paris above.
Munich City: CAt. 2 = 20 K a night.
Dozens of Scandics: Cat. 1 = 10K a night.

Assuming you're HH Gold, a Points & Points person (will it still be possible in 2005?) & use HHonors Visa, you will earn 3150 HH a night at HWV, not counting incidentals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.